Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2017, 07:42:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Introductions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 594 times)
Ecclectic Collector
Citizen

« on: April 02, 2016, 07:09:32 am »

Hi folks:

Let me introduce myself.  My name is Dutchy Two Sticks and I just joined the forum.  Not that I'm new to old west stuff.  I've been shooting the guns (vintage and replica) since the 1990s.  Mainly I collect, shoot and sometimes reenact with my guns.

I presently don't belong to a action shooting posse, though if I find a nice bunch of folks in my area that would change.

I live in on the border of southern Pennsylvania about an hour east of Gettysburg.

I finally bite the bullet to join since I've bought a Spencer and want a chance to talk shooting and reloading these great long irons.  Of course I've got other guns as well, as old west guns are very addictive!

Anyway, thats the short version.

Dutchy
Jake C
Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 08:35:13 am »

Howdy Dutchy, and welcome to the forums! Great group of folks here, you'll enjoy it. Gotta ask, how do you like that Spencer? What caliber is yours? I'm finally getting my first levergun, and since I'm one of those folks who likes to get something a bit different from the norm, a .56-50 Spencer repro is really speaking to me.

Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800
Silent Joe
The Netherlands
Top Active Citizen

Lady Lis and Me

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 11:33:26 am »

Welcome in Town, Pard. Look around and enjoy your time in here.  Cheesy

The Secret of Life is One Thing..........Just One Thing! (Curly in City Slickers)
Citizen of CAS City #203 * SASS L # 10461 * SBSS # 2064 DWSA # 120 * GAF Intern. #694* IPSAC #43 * Prayer Posse * WartHog * B.o.t.A. >>>------>*

Ecclectic Collector
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 06:02:01 am »

Thanks for the welcome!

Jake, I love my Spencers (yup, got two now).   My new Spencer is a new made Chiappa in .56-50 caliber.  Biggest complaint is that it is heavy, but then I like the balance and length of the rifle too.  Loading the cartridge is easy as it is pretty much like loading any other straight walled pistol cartridge.  Finding the data to reload took a while and some careful searching of on-line sources like the SSS people here.  (which is why I joined this group)  My second Spencer is an 1865 original with the Stabler cut off.  I've had it apart but have not been able to shoot it yet since I still need to get a centerfire breechblock.  I plan to stick to black powder with that one.

I've been around the block a time or two and was a member of SASS about ten years ago, letting my membership expire when I couldn't find a posse to shoot with.  I have a bunch of old west guns, some original, some replica.  I'm also very fond of the 73 Winchester, but really love my big single shot rilfes: Sharps, Springfield, Remington Rolling Block.  I used to run relay matches with a local club doing woods walks.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Introductions « previous next »
Jump to: