Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 10:37:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Colt Firearms (Moderator: St. George)  |  Topic: Colt Lightning .38 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Colt Lightning .38  (Read 1364 times)
tommy4toes
Top Active Citizen

« on: March 04, 2016, 09:24:53 am »

Been fooling around with a Lightning revolver, here it is. 1878 manufacture. I'll get some detail pictures when it comes apart next time. Relatively simple rebuild - parts are mostly still available with the exception of the hand; I'm still looking for one if anybody has one to part with.

T4t

tommy4toes
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 09:32:24 am »

* IMG_3218.JPG (135 KB, 640x480 - viewed 155 times.)
Mean Bob Mean
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 03:29:21 pm »

Neat guns and popular as hell in the old west with some famous shootists. 

"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger
tommy4toes
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 07:57:33 pm »

Yeah -  I love the birdshead grip, and the storekeepers model is just the right size for pocket or shoulder holster carry. I'm considering bobbing the hammer when I get this one up and running.
 T4t
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 11:31:01 pm »

Just 'cause I need to be contrary tonight  Roll Eyes 
That is NOT a "Birdshead" grip.  An actual "Birdshead" is continuously rounded without the camel part (hump).  The grip pattern used on
the Lightning and Thunderer is technically a "thunderer pattern."
Just what you may ask, does this have to do with the status of World Peace??  Nada.  Zip.  Zero.  I just wanted to bring a tie bit of useless trivia to an other wise harmonious and interesting thread.
I you all thought it was just that I wanted to be contrary tonight.  Humpf.  It's a "THUNDERER" pattern.  So There  Grin

Coffinmaker
tommy4toes
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 09:18:28 pm »

Got a fancy new cylinder pin from Wisner's today....... Still looking for a hand and a cylinder stop. You know, for that gun with the "Thunderer pattern" grip that is so ugly it's almost cute.

T4t
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 10:27:19 pm »

T4T,
Yer lightnin is really way cool.  Neat guns.  A mite fragile so I wouldn't push it too hard, but it's gonna be real FUN!!

Coffinmaker
tommy4toes
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 11:25:50 am »

Next one I pick up will be completely functional from the start. Then, that '66 with the 38 Long Colt carrier. Patience, patience, patience.

T4t
Mean Bob Mean
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 02:24:04 pm »

Next one I pick up will be completely functional from the start. Then, that '66 with the 38 Long Colt carrier. Patience, patience, patience.

T4t

That is a dream of mine as well, a nice .38 setup as backup.

"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Colt Firearms (Moderator: St. George)  |  Topic: Colt Lightning .38 « previous next »
Jump to: