Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 05:36:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Saddlebag Tales  |  ST Comments  |  Topic: Hunting opinions on a project 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hunting opinions on a project  (Read 28738 times)
Queasy Dillo
Usual Suspect
Top Active Citizen

Former Boiler Plate Rat

« on: January 27, 2016, 10:59:54 pm »

Maybe not the Old West but not too far off.  Two things about this one that set it somewhat apart from my usual scribblings, both being fairly radical departures.

A) It's a children's story. It's set in the near-aftermath of the First World War on a small farm in Texas and details the adventures of numerous animals and the farm's newly-returned owner.  I don't regard it as being especially politically incorrect but there's an occasional fight and some gunfire towards the end...don't imagine that'll be a stumbling block for this crowd.  It ventures near some dark-ish subject matter at times but I don't believe it does so beyond the justification of the rest of the story. 

B) It's DONE...at least in it's second-draft form.  All 200-ish pages.  Meaning that if you can get past any errors in grammar, punctuation, or missed/misused words you can actually find out how this one ends. 

What am I looking for? 

Well...pretty much anything.  If you'd care to go over it with a fine-tooth comb, great (I don't expect this).  If you'd want to point out general flaws, awesome.  Simple "I liked it" or "Worthless garbage"?  I'll take that, too.  Mostly I'd like to know if this is something worth pursuing further or whether it goes into a shoebox in the back of the closet.  If you get a copy and wind up not finishing I'll listen to any opinions on what you read and - if applicable - why you stopped. 

If you're interested, please send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the whole affair in PDF format and split up into chapters. 

Thanks for looking. 

"Get it together?  Lady, last time my people got it together we needed most of Robert Lee's backyard to bury the evidence."
medic15al
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 12:40:23 am »

I just finished reading it and it was quite good! Very interesting multiple points of views! I find no faults other than a few misspelled words
Queasy Dillo
Usual Suspect
Top Active Citizen

Former Boiler Plate Rat

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 12:43:34 am »

Thanks, boss.  I've been editing and re-editing for some time now, so hopefully I'll get all of those before too long. 

Also made a few tweaks, but nothing to change the plot over-much.   Cool

"Get it together?  Lady, last time my people got it together we needed most of Robert Lee's backyard to bury the evidence."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Saddlebag Tales  |  ST Comments  |  Topic: Hunting opinions on a project « previous next »
Jump to: