Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 02:34:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: Pietta G&G: bought one, returned it immediately. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pietta G&G: bought one, returned it immediately.  (Read 3281 times)
Cowtown
Very Active Citizen

« on: January 05, 2016, 05:15:19 pm »

Cabela's online purchase shipped to the local store...

Picked up my new Pietta Gunnison and Griswold today and inspected it before I ever left the pick up counter... And so glad I did.

The gun would not function at all. No half cock position, no full cock position. It had something of a 3/4 cocked position that would allow for a trigger pull of some kind, some of the time, with force. Cylinder loose on arbor. Scratches on brass frame, ugly wood on grip... I can go on. It never left the store. I showed the salesman the issues and Cabela's promptly issued a full refund.

I bought the G&G online and had it shipped to my local Cabela's just so I could inspect it before taking possession of it. Too bad it was such a lemon. I wanted to get my Cullen Bohannon groove on...

So far my Pietta Remington NMA 1858s have been great though.  Grin
Mike
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 06:38:13 pm »

You have to ask how they leave the factory in this state.
 Huh

Buffalochip
Johnson Barr
Berger Sharpshooters, KVC, Blue River Regulators, Double M Cowboys, GAF
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS Life, NCOWS Senator

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 01:26:50 pm »

Gee the one I picked up at the north Fort Worth store works perfectly. Maybe it was the one you ordered. I swapped in Treso nipples and it shoots point of aim with 16grs 3Fg and a little shot of grits filler. Most likely the problem with the one you turned back was a Pietta 'gorilla driven' barrel wedge binding the works.

"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"  -Thomas Jefferson
Cowtown
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 04:59:48 pm »

I'm going to keep looking for a good one. It's just one of those "must haves" for the collection. I ain't not given up on 'em.  Grin

Problem is, my local Cabela's does not carry the G&G model.
Johnson Barr
Berger Sharpshooters, KVC, Blue River Regulators, Double M Cowboys, GAF
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS Life, NCOWS Senator

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 02:00:47 pm »

I ordered mine on-line with free shipping to my local store. Still had to pay the state sales tax though. The occasional trip to rummage through the Bargain Cave and a stop at Railhead BBQ for brisket and ice cold Ziegenbach makes for a nice afternoon.

"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"  -Thomas Jefferson
Cliff Fendley
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 07:46:53 pm »

I picked up a G&G a while back, ordered online with my Cabelas points and had it shipped to the store. Everything seems fine on it although I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet.

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: Pietta G&G: bought one, returned it immediately. « previous next »
Jump to: