Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2017, 09:51:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: January 2016 Coffee is up 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: January 2016 Coffee is up  (Read 18754 times)
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #150 on: January 28, 2016, 07:15:56 am »

I'm in neutral left foot on the brake, right on the gas with my heel, trying to toe the starter as I turn the key. Roll Eyes   Old ingrained habits die hard, learned to drive on a 53 Dodge 1/2 ton when about 12.  LOL   

I learned the same dance, but with a '54 Chevy. Then when I went to the Army, had to learn a new one, push the clutch with your left heel, so your left toe can reach the starter button on an M151 Jeep.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #151 on: January 28, 2016, 08:04:09 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 34 and overcast. "Cloudy. Snow showers in the morning. Rain also possible in the morning. Then scattered flurries in the afternoon. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Highs in the middle 30s. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2016, 08:34:40 am »

Thank you good folks for the tips!  She is still running fine.  I have tomorrow off, and I plan to clean the ground connections.
BTW, yes, she is an automatic...2009 Wrangler. 

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2016, 12:08:36 pm »

Thank you good folks for the tips!  She is still running fine.  I have tomorrow off, and I plan to clean the ground connections.
BTW, yes, she is an automatic...2009 Wrangler. 

In my day we called them slop boxes or slip-o-matics, but they have came a long ways.    Wink

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2016, 12:32:36 pm »

I had a manual the first 4 or so years that I lived in Houston.  The last 30 to 40 minutes of my commute was stop and go traffic on a freeway.  It was a good workout for the left leg...but made me lopsided!

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2016, 12:42:47 pm »

37, WC 26 here, with sun. Guesser's are saying snow tonight, maybe an inch Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2016, 07:13:31 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 0 and clear. High of 25.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2016, 04:15:26 pm »

Had to go out early and spread salt. We got a bit more than they predicted,plus there was some ice under it. The truck had to go for servicing as well. while there,  they found the tranny cooling lines were leaking, so it was down for the rest of the day. We used our personal vehicles to finish the day out. Roll Eyes

Currently 29, broken clouds Roll Eyes

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2016, 08:28:11 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Might go the "toy" store this morn.

'Tis 30 and overcast. High of 40.

Slim

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2016, 08:49:44 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 33 and overcast. "Light rain likely in the morning...Then light rain and snow likely in the afternoon. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Highs in the upper 30s. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent."

NWS
Winter Storm Watch
Start: Sun 4:20 am End: Wed 3:00 pm

Urgent - Winter Weather message

National Weather Service Green Bay WI

420 AM CST Sun Jan 31 2016

...Heavy Snow and blowing are Snow expected to Impact the area Tuesday through Wednesday...

.a Winter storm approaching the Great Lakes region from The Plains is expected to bring heavy Snow and blowing Snow to the area starting on Tuesday. The exact path of the storm remains Uncertain...As is the Location of the heaviest snowfall...But it does look like most of the area will receive at least 6 inches of accumulation. Blowing Snow can be expected as winds Increase. Even though the Snow should wind down by the Daylight hours on Wednesday blowing Snow will continue to cause problems into Wednesday afternoon. It appears that the storm will have a significant Impact on travel...And should be increasing in intensity during the afternoon commute on Tuesday.

Vilas-Oneida-Forest-Florence-Northern Marinette County-Lincoln- Langlade-Menominee-Northern Oconto County-door-Marathon-Shawano- Wood-Portage-Waupaca-outagamie-Brown-Kewaunee-waushara-Winnebago- Calumet-Manitowoc-Southern Marinette County- Southern Oconto County- including the cities of...Lac Du Flambeau...Eagle River... Rhinelander...Crandon...Aurora...Commonwealth...Fence... Florence...Long Lake...Spread Eagle...Tipler...Niagara... Wausaukee...Merrill...Tomahawk...Antigo...Keshena...Neopit... Breed...Klondike...Lakewood...Mountain...Townsend... Whitefish Bay...Wausau...Weston...Shawano...Marshfield... Wisconsin Rapids...Stevens Point...Plover...New London... Waupaca...Clintonville...Weyauwega...Appleton...Green Bay... Kewaunee...Luxemburg...Silver Lake...Wautoma...Redgranite... Plainfield...Wild Rose...Oshkosh...Neenah...Menasha...Chilton... New Holstein...Brillion...Hilbert...Manitowoc...Two Rivers... Marinette...Peshtigo...Oconto...Oconto Falls...Gillett 420 AM CST Sun Jan 31 2016

Slim

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2016, 09:39:00 am »

57 degrees here this morning. Cooler next week, but no snow in the forecast. All the weather seems to be passing by north and west of here. Don't know if it's El Nino or global warming or what, but I'm not complaining!
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2016, 03:40:34 pm »

We were at 57 earlier today,PE, isn't now, though. got a fairly stiff breeze to go with it Roll Eyes

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2016, 05:01:48 pm »

We got two storms coming in, small one will be here tonight, larger one tomorrow night.   Talked to Miz Lettie on FB a bit ago out to Reno, she's snowed into work and they are running out of things to do cause the trucks can't get through. Roll Eyes

When they run out no more OT.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2016, 07:50:09 am »

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,56885.0.html

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: January 2016 Coffee is up « previous next »
Jump to: