Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 07:59:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Yuletide Nosh & Arbuckles are served, Happy Holidays 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yuletide Nosh & Arbuckles are served, Happy Holidays  (Read 22973 times)
Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #125 on: December 24, 2015, 11:48:51 am »

Merry Christmas Y'all,Not feeling very christmassy here,it's 67 degrees in the southern tier of NY.Y'all have a good one!

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #126 on: December 24, 2015, 12:35:05 pm »

In the 50's here with sun. Have a Merry Christmas,all Wink Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #127 on: December 24, 2015, 12:50:04 pm »

Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. I had to make a surgical strike to the grocery store for some last minute items. Congrats to Slim and Buck on their puppies. The temps around here have been in the 70s for the last week. Moose and I bought each other new phones for Christmas yesterday. They had a promo for an I-Pad Mini for $99, so we got her one. We had a nice lunch together, bought Tamales, and got Ham and Turkey for Christmas Dinner. It was a full day. It is time for Victoria and I to have a nap.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #128 on: December 24, 2015, 01:48:49 pm »

It's stopped, but. Wink

* xxx 004.jpg (154.66 KB, 640x359 - viewed 159 times.)

* xxx 005.jpg (171.27 KB, 640x359 - viewed 146 times.)

* 10690192_759667394069173_750169458108848222_n.jpg (27.79 KB, 490x393 - viewed 146 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #129 on: December 24, 2015, 02:06:25 pm »

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Ya'll  
Merry Christmas to you too, pard.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #130 on: December 24, 2015, 02:07:39 pm »

It's stopped, but. Wink
Nothing here.  Roll Eyes

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #131 on: December 24, 2015, 02:30:14 pm »

71 and sunny now... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #132 on: December 24, 2015, 07:39:35 pm »

Merry Christmas.

* cedd5e51-bc2e-48f1-8a49-12b83a124f21.jpg (52.45 KB, 277x492 - viewed 145 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #133 on: December 24, 2015, 11:07:35 pm »

'Tis sn*wing.  Could get 1" overnight.

Slim

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #134 on: December 25, 2015, 12:12:44 am »

Looks like Rowdy's waiting for Santa,Del Wink

We stayed in the 50's today. Our Christmas is going to be tempered with the loss of another one of the dogs I'm afraid. Cissy the oldest dog here, is passing blood and has lost control of her bowels. She's about 18 Sad Cry

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #135 on: December 25, 2015, 12:17:57 am »

I'm sorry to hear that buck  Sad

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #136 on: December 25, 2015, 09:30:23 am »

Merry ChristmasCoffee is hot. Eggnog is cold.

Sorry to hear that, Buck.

'Tis 25 and overcast. Dusting of sn*w last night. High of 36.

Slim

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #137 on: December 25, 2015, 09:57:02 pm »

Cissy left us at about 5:10 P.M. our time this afternoon. 'Tis a sad time here, she'll be buried at our son's tomorrow. She was held as much as possible until she passed. we still have her son, the runt of her last litter, so Sandy still has one to dote on Cry Undecided Sad

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2015, 10:42:16 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 28 and overcast. "Cloudy. A slight chance of light rain and freezing drizzle in the morning. Then periods of light rain and freezing drizzle in the afternoon. Light snow also possible in the afternoon. No snow accumulation. Highs in the middle 30s. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent."

Slim

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #139 on: December 26, 2015, 01:52:28 pm »

Got me one of them tablet things for Christmas, won't even think of giving up my desktop (SIL tuned it up last night)   Will use it in camp for radar, but love it at home, cheaper than a radio anymore and I can do Pandora, listening to Old Crow Medicine as I type on my desk top, got it on the Guy Clark Channel.  LOL

Desk top don't have good volume.  Also if I get a bunch of windows open doing research Pandora slows it down.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #140 on: December 26, 2015, 10:33:18 pm »

If the rain eased up a bit, it might be raining cats and dogs. As it is, more like raining cows and horses. Water over the road all over the place.

Wife's got a tablet she uses more than the laptop. She uses it for music, but downloads, not streaming. When you use satellite for internet, streaming anything will eat your data up! If you want to get better sound quality than the tablet speaker gives, you can get one of those small wireless speakers to go with it. Sound's better that way.
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #141 on: December 26, 2015, 11:02:44 pm »

WI Fi at home and have a bunch on the card I had for the phone.   May get one of those speakers, but with my ears it ain't a big deal.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #142 on: December 27, 2015, 10:06:52 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 28 and overcast. High of 33.

Slim

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #143 on: December 27, 2015, 12:14:17 pm »

Looks like we may have dodged the big one and maybe not, down to guessing about half what they were last night.   

TodayPartly sunny, with a high near 22. North wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
TonightA 50 percent chance of snow, mainly after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 23 by 11pm. Blustery, with a north wind 14 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
MondaySnow. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature falling to around 18 by 5pm. Blustery, with a north northeast wind 20 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
Monday NightSnow likely before 9pm, then a slight chance of light snow between 9pm and midnight, then a slight chance of snow after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 14. Blustery, with a northwest wind 13 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #144 on: December 27, 2015, 03:11:46 pm »

Looks like we will have a white New Year's Day.

NWS
Winter Storm Watch
Start: Sun 11:36 am End: Tue 6:00 am

Urgent - Winter Weather message

National Weather Service Green Bay WI

1136 AM CST Sun Dec 27 2015

...Strong Winter storm to bring a wintry Mix of precipitation for the Start of the work week...

.a Low pressure system will organize in the Southern Plains later today...Then turn Northeast toward the Great Lakes region tonight. The system should track into Southern Wisconsin by Early Tuesday morning...Then to Lake Huron by Tuesday evening. Abundant moisture from the Gulf of Mexico will be drawn North with the storm...And Result in widespread precipitation when the storm reaches Wisconsin. The precipitation is expected to be primarily Snow in Northern Wisconsin...And a Mix of Snow and sleet in Central and East-Central portions of the state. Strong East Winds will accompany the storm and Likely Result in Difficult travel conditions.

Marathon-Shawano-Wood-Portage-Waupaca-outagamie-Brown-Kewaunee- waushara-Winnebago-Calumet-Manitowoc- including the cities of...Wausau...Weston...Shawano... Marshfield...Wisconsin Rapids...Stevens Point...Plover... New London...Waupaca...Clintonville...Weyauwega...Appleton... Green Bay...Kewaunee...Luxemburg...Silver Lake...Wautoma... Redgranite...Plainfield...Wild Rose...Oshkosh...Neenah... Menasha...Chilton...New Holstein...Brillion...Hilbert... Manitowoc...Two Rivers 1136 AM CST Sun Dec 27 2015

...Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Monday afternoon through late Monday night...

* The storm will begin to Impact the area late Monday afternoon...Reach it/s Peak Monday night...Then lose it/s grip on the area Tuesday morning.

* Precipitation will fall primarily as Snow in Central Wisconsin...Though some sleet will be mixed with the Snow at times. Sleet will be more prevalent in East-Central Wisconsin. The precipitation could change to Rain at times along the Lakeshore from Kewaunee Southward on Monday night.

* Early estimates are for a snowfall of 4 to 8 inches in Central Wisconsin. In East-Central Wisconsin...A considerable amount of sleet is possible. A total accumulation of Snow and sleet of 2 to 5 inches is expected...With the lower totals occurring Southeast of Green Bay.

* The Snow and sleet could fall very heavily at times. In addition...Strong East Winds will accompany the storm. The combination of heavy Snow and Strong winds could Lead to very Difficult travel conditions Monday night.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A Winter Storm Watch Means there is a potential for significant Snow and sleet. Travel will Likely be impacted. Be sure to Monitor the latest forecasts and statements for updated information on the storm.

Slim

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2015, 06:42:32 pm »

We got updated to winter storm warning.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2015, 08:03:13 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 21 and dark. "Windy. A chance of light snow and flurries in the morning. Then snow in the afternoon. Sleet also possible in the afternoon. Some blowing and drifting snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation of 2 to 3 inches. Highs in the upper 20s. Northeast wind 20 to 30 mph. Gusts up to 40 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent."

Slim

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2015, 10:43:37 am »

The worst missed us, saying 2-4 now.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Russ T Chambers
Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Well preserved for my age!

« Reply #148 on: December 28, 2015, 02:19:03 pm »

Made it back from Milwaukee without a hitch.  The weather was very unseasonal (rain Monday and Wednesday, temps in the mid to upper 40's all week).  America Airlines got me there and back in fine shape (donít know what United might have done to me).

Got back to a layer of snow and temperatures hovering right above and below freezing.  Still managed to grill some chicken outside last night.  The house/cat sitter kept everything together quite well.

I had cleared out the old furniture in prep for delivery of our new sectional, and now they are pushing out the delivery date from the purchase date by about 9 weeks.  Told the wife I wonít go near an Ashley store for the rest of my life.  Oh well!

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #149 on: December 28, 2015, 02:59:24 pm »

Somebody's inventory computer really goofed,Russ-T Shocked

In the 30's with a right cold rain Tongue Got myself pretty damp doing rounds this morning. Roll Eyes

Got Cissy interred at our oldest boy's place Saturday. Finally hit the SIL yesterday after she backed off the new meds VA put her on. The new pup is getting to be quite a character. Helped me fold clothes yesterday( snitched my socks). Have decided that the pound didn't really know what she was. Believe now that she's a Lhasa mix, mixed with what don't know. ::)Her new alias is PP( Pound Puppy) Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Yuletide Nosh & Arbuckles are served, Happy Holidays « previous next »
Jump to: