Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 12:55:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: Pictures of Walkers/Dragoons 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pictures of Walkers/Dragoons  (Read 1029 times)
Crow Choker
Top Active Citizen

River Banker Extraordinaire

« on: November 27, 2015, 08:11:13 pm »

Sometime back a post was made with pictures and information about a museum (believe it was in Texas) displaying a number of original Colt Walkers and I believe some Dragoons. I went to "Search" and also checked out the last approx. three years worth of posts on Storm, Darksiders, Longbranch, and anyplace I thought the post would be to no avail. Anyone recall that post and know where it's at? Appreciate any help and I thank ya kindly.  Crow Choker

Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo
Crow Choker
Top Active Citizen

River Banker Extraordinaire

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 04:56:16 pm »

Hello CAS City: Found the answer to my question. Did some more searching as I recalled the topic had to do with loading lever latches on Walker Colts, whether they ever existed before the Dragoons came along. I typed in the right search info and found the original post, posted by rickk on 12/29/10 in the Darkside labeled "Dragoon Loading Lever Latch on a Walker". Capt Augustus replied on 12/30/10 with a link from the Texas Gun Collectors Association that had a display of over 50 original Walker and Whitneyville Dragoons from their 2003 show. The link wouldn't come up, kept advising the page couldn't be displayed. I went to Yahoo and was able by going to the Texas Gun Collectors web pages to find a web address that displayed the guns in the exhibit. Not to good at going back and retrieving/displaying web pages, but here it is in case anyone is interested. Interesting pieces of Colt history.

tgca.org/Parade_of_Walkers.html

This web address is somewhat different than the one posted by Capt. Augustus, but shows the TGCA display from 2003. Why the original wouldn't download is beyond my pay grade. In case you want to see the original posts, it is on page 26 of the Darkside as of this posting. Montana Slim had the last post on 01/02/2011. Found what I was looking for. Crow Choker               

Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: Pictures of Walkers/Dragoons « previous next »
Jump to: