Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 12:51:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: New Pards: thestranger, beginner, John in AR, INBO and Jimmy4570. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Pards: thestranger, beginner, John in AR, INBO and Jimmy4570.  (Read 1938 times)
Silent Joe
The Netherlands
Top Active Citizen

Lady Lis and Me

« on: November 14, 2015, 01:59:16 pm »

Welcome in Cas City, Pards. Look around, say "Howdy", sit by the fire and tell us your story.  Cheesy    

* kampvuur-1.png (7.4 KB, 70x70 - viewed 173 times.)

The Secret of Life is One Thing..........Just One Thing! (Curly in City Slickers)
Citizen of CAS City #203 * SASS L # 10461 * SBSS # 2064 DWSA # 120 * GAF Intern. #694* IPSAC #43 * Prayer Posse * WartHog * B.o.t.A. >>>------>*

John in AR
Citizen

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 01:35:00 pm »

Howdy back...  Smiley

Not a particularly interesting story here; just a somewhat overweight, somewhat over-50 redneck from Arkansas. I may look into cowboy shooting, but haven't decided on that. Do have one friend (a retired AF colonel) who's into it and enjoys it, so odds are I will one of these days.

Main thing right now is that I'm considering buying an El Patron strictly for fun purposes in the next few weeks and my net searching on them led me here. Interesting & helpful forum, definitely glad I found it.
thestranger
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 08:04:13 pm »

Thanks, pard.

I know I used to have a login here, but my real story is I am a throwback to the old (ancient) CAS-L list that the good Marshall H started way back in the last century. Can't say for sure, but I think I joined that fracas way back around '95 or so.  I believe I went by thestanger then as well. Last 'list' emails I have saved are circa '03 or '04.  We had us quite a lively time back then with just the telegraph line before the Gore invented this new fangled internet thingy with discussion boards and such.

I never really got totally into SASS competition as I only had me a c&b .36 revolver or two, but I did join onct. In the long run, I reckon I just felt like too much of an OUTLAW to actually participate in SASS shoots; with all the mouse fart loads and tricks back then it is only worst now. But, I still wanted to support, but unfortunately my desired alias of thestranger was already took, so I signed up as teddyearp #13717.  The back story for both of those alias' are a subject of different discussion. I do remember having some lively conversations about the Evil Smokeless and the Holy Black on the list though.

So the other night I decided to look up the past and found the site again. Saw the "Darksider's Den" where I may have participated long ago; as well as the "Longbranch" where I thought we used to tell tall tales.  I tried to log in, using thestarnger, teddyearp, and theoutlawstranger and none worked.

So I am back as thestranger.  WOOT!

SASS: teddyearp #13717
Silent Joe
The Netherlands
Top Active Citizen

Lady Lis and Me

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 01:19:45 pm »

Nice to have you back in Town, Thestranger. Stay as long as you like and enjoy your time in here.  Cheesy

The Secret of Life is One Thing..........Just One Thing! (Curly in City Slickers)
Citizen of CAS City #203 * SASS L # 10461 * SBSS # 2064 DWSA # 120 * GAF Intern. #694* IPSAC #43 * Prayer Posse * WartHog * B.o.t.A. >>>------>*

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: New Pards: thestranger, beginner, John in AR, INBO and Jimmy4570. « previous next »
Jump to: