Author Topic: Fantastic Book and a Movie  (Read 3419 times)

Offline rbertalotto

• Top Active Citizen
    • RVB Precision
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Fantastic Book and a Movie
« on: November 07, 2015, 07:47:03 AM »
The book I'm half way through and I simply can't put down is Brian Kilmeade "Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates"....Amazing how it mimics what is currently happening with Muslims in north Africa......I always thought TJ was the greatest president of all time, but now I'm sure.....Louisiana Purchase, Lewis and Clark, Barbary Pirates, Creation of a Navy, Solidification of the Marines........Amazing amount of work in one lifetime!

The movie is an Amazon original called "EDGE".......Lots of 1860 Henry conversation and scenes, lots of 186o Colt stuff......Way too much blood and nasty sex......but a real comic book movie. I believe it will become a series. Free on Amazon Prime.
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

Offline Ranger Joe

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Fantastic Book and a Movie
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 08:16:25 AM »
I've yet to see the Edge movie, but I read many of the books in the series as a teenager. The author (George Gilman) also wrote a series called Jubal Cade, which I found on the whole to be slightly less violent.

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 10:31:22 AM »
The book I'm half way through and I simply can't put down is Brian Kilmeade "Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates"....Amazing how it mimics what is currently happening with Muslims in north Africa......I always thought TJ was the greatest president of all time, but now I'm sure.....Louisiana Purchase, Lewis and Clark, Barbary Pirates, Creation of a Navy, Solidification of the Marines........Amazing amount of work in one lifetime!

The movie is an Amazon original called "EDGE".......Lots of 1860 Henry conversation and scenes, lots of 186o Colt stuff......Way too much blood and nasty sex......but a real comic book movie. I believe it will become a series. Free on Amazon Prime.

The situation regarding radical Islamic terrorists (NOT to be confused with rational, law-abiding Muslims) does have many parallels with the Barbary Pirates. Lack of aggressive actions then and now certainly result in prolonged difficulties.  I'd like to send a copy of the book to our leaders, including the President and Sec'y of State.  I doubt they'd find time to read it, however...  :(
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:06:42 AM »

Offline Red Cent

• Top Active Citizen
    • Red Cent Custom Leather
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 02:25:59 PM »
Your posts intrigued me. I am/was an avid reader of Jess Williams and his magnificent holster. Jess incurred a significant number of gunfights that were repetitive in nature but there ain't too many ways you can work a fast draw gunfight. Adding the Sharps was a good idea and was used and described pretty good.
Edge, the novel. Gilman writes well and the words and phrases usually keeps my interest. There were very few places in the first book that caused me to lose contact with my surroundings (no TV, ice cold Dickel).  Gilman uses the bullet, knife, and razor wounds as if they are the center piece of his novel. His gratuitous use or description of the wounds abound in blood and gore. After the third body was mutilated, this reader knew he was in for the long haul.
Tonight, I think I will read about Jubal Cade.
Life is too short to argue with stupid people and drink cheap booze
McLeansville, NC by way of WV
SASS29170L

Offline Red Cent

• Top Active Citizen
    • Red Cent Custom Leather
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 07:36:33 PM »
He did not have to shoot the dog.
Life is too short to argue with stupid people and drink cheap booze