Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 10:54:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: It's October and I hate pumpkin spice latte. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's October and I hate pumpkin spice latte.  (Read 22970 times)
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2015, 08:09:32 pm »

There may be ....

* 28782676.jpg (101.7 KB, 497x381 - viewed 133 times.)
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2015, 08:27:16 pm »

* images (18).jpg (2.53 KB, 125x80 - viewed 240 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2015, 07:54:10 am »

48 and rain here. Kinda glad I've got a Doc's appointment, wife's Alumni band has a parade today down in Sugar Creek for their Swiss Festival. They're riding a flatbed,though. Bet it's gonna be really damp on the cheese Sad Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2015, 08:39:03 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Working on the shed today.

'Tis 43 and overcast. No frost this morn because of the cloud cover. High of 60.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2015, 09:02:27 am »

Mornin Y'all, it's 47 and raining here.supposed to rain for the next 3 days, then get some sun on Wed.lows in the low 40's highs in mid 60's.What happened to summer???

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2015, 10:27:55 am »

We got lows in the mid 60s at night around here. The Cawffee tastes extra good with the cooler weather. I had some toast with the Cawffee.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2015, 12:05:09 pm »

Had my coffee on the way to the range this mornin'.  With hunting season around the corner, and cool temperatures, the range filled up pretty quickly.  I'm happy....I got there early, and my 45-70 carbine BP load grouped well!

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2015, 01:21:31 pm »

I slept through Lunch, No clue for Supper. I am watching Football. TCU is shutting out the UT Longhorns, 44-0. Baylor is playing Texas Tech in about an hour at Cowboy Stadium. A good day for a football in Texas, temps in the high 60s-low 70s.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2015, 01:31:37 pm »

Had my coffee on the way to the range this mornin'.  With hunting season around the corner, and cool temperatures, the range filled up pretty quickly.  I'm happy....I got there early, and my 45-70 carbine BP load grouped well!

Cool, I had faith in you.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Russ T Chambers
Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Well preserved for my age!

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2015, 02:07:09 pm »

Made spaghetti for supper Wednesday. 

Finally got some much needed rain Thursday.  It would rain hard for a while then almost quit, then pour again.  Had one big peal of thunder at the start that sent the cats off to parts unknown, then all was quiet the rest of the day.

Friday was deep fried catfish and hush-puppies.

Tonight it will be rice stuffed Cornish hens on the grill, but it will have to be consumed inside, as our high temps are only getting to the low 70ís.  By the time we eat itíll be a tad too nippy for the wife on the patio.

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2015, 02:55:35 pm »

Yesterday there was an unexpected surprise, in the form of large box left at my gate by UPS.
Seems 2 of my lead men, got together with the crew and ordered and had delivered,  as a gift one of these  Shocked

I haven't had a Grill since the Barn Fire several years ago, just never got one. We did miss it but never replaced the propane one we had.... Embarrassed

This is a electric smoker, both the Carpenter (leads) have one and I tasted the Ribs etc that come from them. I won't be able to use it until I return from Texas , I'm looking forward to it  Smiley

* smoker.jpg (12.13 KB, 400x400 - viewed 101 times.)
Blair
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2015, 04:15:09 pm »

M2,

Are you going to try for a Florida Black Bear a little later this month?
Then there is always the wild porkers.
Just some thoughts on the new grill/smoker.
My best,
 Blair

A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2015, 05:54:20 am »

Hmmm... Undecided might be tempted to try pumpkin pie Pop tarts....  Tempted I say  Undecided

Cool this morning  low 60's    Smiley   may see  82 today

Coffee is up , gonna go drink a cup on the lanai

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2015, 06:46:44 am »

Hmmm... Undecided might be tempted to try pumpkin pie Pop tarts....  Tempted I say  Undecided

* 0.jpg (32.88 KB, 480x360 - viewed 122 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2015, 07:57:01 am »

Pum'kin spice belongs in Pum'kin bread and pie only!
One of my fondest memories is the pum'kin pie my Grandmother gave me at Thanksgiving...an entire pie!  She made both pecan and pum'kin, and each of her grandchildren got an entire pie of their choice.

But, for today, I'll enjoy my Folger's with French Vanilla creamer while reloading, and then head to the Gun Show at the Pasadena (TX) convention center.

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2015, 09:34:30 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Got a lot done on the shed. A lot more to do.

'Tis 40 and overcast. High of 56.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2015, 12:19:01 pm »

But, for today, I'll enjoy my Folger's with French Vanilla creamer

Shocked Roll Eyes Tongue

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

El Peludo
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2015, 01:50:40 pm »

Love "punkin pie", if it's made right; of course what's right to me might not suit someone else, but most pun'kin pie is good - now pun'kin pie spice in other stuff?  Not so much.

Here's a funny story from my fambly past:

My uncle love his mom's pumpkin pie, so much so that he always asked for his own whole pie.  He also did not like squash of any kind, and always complained about having squash at Sunday meals, so much so that his mom got sort of ticked at him about it.  So one Sunday, after church as usual, we went to the grandparents house for dinner, and whaddayaknow?  No squash, even though it was the height of Summer - but there were a few pumpkin pies, and Uncle requaested his own as usual and was rewarded with a whole pie and all the whipped cream he wanted.  So, after he'd pretty well decimated that pie, commenting that he thought it was about the best "pumpkin pie" she had ever mad, Mammaw asked everyone what they thought of her banana squash pie.  He got so mad about being fooled that he took his family and left, and was not in evidence for a couple of weeks after.  After that, he avoided pumpkin pie.

El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
† † † † † †† Roop County Cowboy (FF)
† † † † † †† Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
† † † † † †† Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2015, 02:24:14 pm »

I cooked Breakfast on the Patio(scrambled eggs/bacon). There is no better smell than frying bacon outside. I had wonderful weather for it.

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2015, 03:29:51 pm »

I took a nap this afternoon. The temps are in the middle 70s, I could get used to this cooler weather. No clue for Supper. We had kabobs, baked potatoes and a salad for Supper last night.

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2015, 03:35:47 pm »

Hope the weather holds, I'll be there tomorrow , TLD
I'm booked at the Sheraton Dallas
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2015, 03:49:43 pm »

What is funny is I made a squash pie one time and the wife wouldn't eat it, said she didn't like squash.  LOL pumpkins are just a group of cultavars of winter squash generally round and orange.   Although sometimes called the Dickensen Field Pumpkin, the most common cultavar for store bought pumpkin looks more like a squash, or rather what people think a squash looks like.   

Grandpa used to grow these.  What is funny is most of the pumpkins you find at the store this month ain't fit to eat being bred to carve.   If you want to make pie from scratch look for the small pie/sugar pumpkins and if you have no luck finding them just use butternut squash and no one will know the differance.  LOL

* Dickenson-Pumpkin-Web.jpg (40.94 KB, 400x300 - viewed 135 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2015, 07:10:33 pm »

Miss Red cooked some butternut squash for dinner tonight....along with a salad and baked chicken.
MMMmmmMMM....A good meal for the beginning of fall.

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2015, 08:05:14 pm »

I had fried catfish, cole slaw, and green beans for Supper tonight. M2, The weather has been cooler around here lately.  Do you which Sheraton? The one Downtown is a 42 story one at 400 Olive ave.

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2015, 10:13:25 pm »

I had fried catfish, cole slaw, and green beans for Supper tonight. M2, The weather has been cooler around here lately.  Do you which Sheraton? The one Downtown is a 42 story one at 400 Olive ave.
That's the one SHERATON DALLAS 400 N Olive St Dallas, TX 75201 (214) 922-8000
prolly checking in around 3:30 ish

See you soon  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: It's October and I hate pumpkin spice latte. « previous next »
Jump to: