Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 08:42:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  1911 & Wild Bunch Shooting (Moderators: Jefro, August)  |  Topic: American Tactical Import 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: American Tactical Import  (Read 6836 times)
griswold
Top Active Citizen

« on: September 29, 2015, 11:06:13 am »

Can anyone tell me the quality of the 1911's distributed by American Tactical Imports?

Griswold,
The Griswold was favored by my Great Grand Pa James Henry Story who rode with the 7th Georgia Cavalry.
wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 10:57:40 am »

Seems to be a good gun. Has a pretty stiff trigger pull. Chamber is a little tight so its a little picky on ammo. Overall a good gun for the price. wM1

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 04:32:49 pm »

Gets good praise ... I have the Cimarron , I can't find fault with it

* DSC00029.JPG (128.65 KB, 635x431 - viewed 176 times.)
DeaconKC
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 07:52:36 pm »

I have one in a Commander size. Fantastic gun. My gunsmith looked it over and was very impressed.

Yup, I'm that DeaconKC from Surplus Rifle
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
griswold
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 11:14:58 am »

Thanks for the reply's..............I looked over one at the local gun shop and the machine work by the manufacture, SAM Inc. Philippines, is impressive.......very close mil spec. tolerances, 4140 steel, nice even parkerized finish (but I understand it is thin and not too durable)...........compared it to a Rock Island which are made by Armscorp.........the ATI is much tighter and cleaner..funny that the gun dealer stated the ATI's are at the bottom of the barrel in 1911's..didn't want to argue that point as he might raise his prices....just wish they made one in a polished blue finish like the Cimarron Guns by Armscorp.

Gris

Griswold,
The Griswold was favored by my Great Grand Pa James Henry Story who rode with the 7th Georgia Cavalry.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  1911 & Wild Bunch Shooting (Moderators: Jefro, August)  |  Topic: American Tactical Import « previous next »
Jump to: