Author Topic: It's September, don't Fall all over yourself getting to the Coffee, Tea and Grub  (Read 42875 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My Dad had one of those hernias and it gave him problems. He had many health problems before he passed away, the hernia took a back seat to the serious health issues.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Have a 4H fun ride at the fair grounds this morn.
'Tis 56 and fog. High of 76.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
We slept in this morning, We did have plenty of late morning Cawffee. No clue for lunch, and too early to think about Supper.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
I have a top round in the big red one, potatoes, carrots & onions.
It been perking since early this morning on low.... the aroma is wondrous  :)

Watching Mel Gibson in Payback .... anti hero bad-ass is the new good guy ...
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
We’re off to the Candy Dance.  No dancing, just perusing the craft booths looking for a new sign for the Eclectic Den. 

May have to resort to physical restraint on She-Who-Still –Works when we pass the candy booths that are selling fudge!
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I still don't have a clue for Supper tonight. I hope that Moose comes up with something.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Moose has opted for Chinese take-out for Supper tonight.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Victoria and I are sitting on the Patio, waiting for Moose to get home with the Chinese take-out. It is really nice outside.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Round roast turned out superb , maybe my best ever..... :)

watching  NCIS..... actually watching Coté de Pablo ,  my favorite  Chilean- American "Israeli"     ;D

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
It's a sad day here. Just had to bury our old dog, Sparky. Looks like a car hit him sometime today, when we were all away. When we went away from home, he always liked to wait out in front by the gravel road for us to come back. Not sure how long he's been with me, but I think over 15 years. He was borne here I think before 2000, when I was still with my first wife. Mother was some kind of stock dog mix, father was just a brown mutt my SIL picked up somewhere. He didn't grow up with kids around, but when I re-married and my girls came along, they all got along great. Used to follow me everywhere I went around the farm, whether on a tractor or in the pickup, but this last year he slowed down a lot, only followed a little way, then wait for me to return. I'm gonna miss him.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Sorry about your dog, PE. It is hard to lose a pet.  The Chinese food was good, we ate on the Patio. I finished up about the same time that the skeeters came out.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Condolences PE, I know that pain....  :(

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Sorry to hear about your pal, PE.
Our dog is 16. I expect to have to bury her before year's end. She has failed quite a bit in the last year.

The kids had fun with the horses yesterday.

'Tis 55 and sunny. Fog eariler. High of 78.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. I slept in this morning. Moose is taking Victoria to the Park for a Run/Walk this morning. I had some toast with the Cawffee. No plans for Lunch or Supper.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 52 and fog. "Partly cloudy. Patchy fog in the morning. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
We ended up with take-out burgers for Supper last night. It almost got too dark to eat on the Patio. Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. I had some toast with the Cawffee. No clue for Lunch or Supper.

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
Back from vacationing yesterday in the Arizona, Nevada and Utah areas.  Nice place to visit, but...it was hot....I don't believe that now about the dry heat not being as bad!

Nice to have a home cooked meal after a week of cafe food...meatloaf, green beans, pasta with tomatos....mmmMMMM good....My wife spoils me.
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Made it to the Candy Dance!  Walked almost all of the booths (they cover the entire downtown streets and the Mormon Station Memorial State Park which commemorates that settlement of Nevada in 1851.  Tons of booths and I found one to make my new den sign.  The wife showed great restrain and passed several fudge booths.  Stopped at the saloon that claims to be the “Oldest Thirst Quenching Station in Nevada”!  By the time we got home I was a little under the weather (mainly my back), so I spent yesterday on the couch in the den watching old movies on TMC and the Westerns Channel.  Doin’ much better today, but decided to hold off the final lawn mowing until Wednesday.

Had a weekend full of motorcycles with “Street Vibrations”.  Saw a ton of good lookin’ bikes on the highways, especially going to and from Genoa on Saturday.  The back decided we weren’t going downtown to peruse all the bikes lining the streets.

I thinks it’s time for a glass of wine (to help quell the residual back pain) and then a nap.  Don’t have to cook tonight.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I ended up with take-out from Taco Bell for a late Lunch. Still no clue for Supper tonight. I think that the Weather has not been told that it is supposed to be Fall.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Moose brought home a large Pizza Hut pizza and some Bud Light for Supper. It turned out good and the Beer was cold.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com