Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 04:53:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  BOLD Chambers (Moderator: California Lawdawg)  |  Topic: Pulled the plug finally 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pulled the plug finally  (Read 2830 times)
Cuts Crooked
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« on: August 31, 2015, 05:38:21 pm »

A couple of weeks ago I took off the shield for the last time. After 33 years I decided I am too old for that stuff anymore, joints and bones just aren't up to it and I get winded easier nowadayz. I noticed that when I got in a fight I would get really nasty, really quick so as to end it fast.......time to stop before I hurt someone bad.

Happened that a dispatcher position came open in my agency, the time was just right, so I jumped on it. Now I'm home at night, no more extra long shifts, no more dealing with lawyers and judges who have no concept of what the street is about, and I get to tell people where to go!  Wink

I'm calling my new position as dispatcher my "soft landing" before I actually retire. It still feels weird not putting on the shield and belt at the beginning of every shift, but I guess I'll get used to it. About 3 1/2 years and I can call it quits completely! Smiley

There is life after the badge gang! Grin

Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching...
Coal Creek Griff
Top Active Citizen

With Cheyenne Luke

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 06:10:23 pm »

Congratulations, sir!  I suspect that the stress levels will go down dramatically, although I can see you dispatching a call and chomping on the bit to get out there and help.

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  BOLD Chambers (Moderator: California Lawdawg)  |  Topic: Pulled the plug finally « previous next »
Jump to: