Author Topic: July Coffee and Grub  (Read 49787 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: July Coffee and Grub
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 11:36:49 AM »
Remember lots of coals on top and few if any on the bottom.  Start with them heavy on top and only add the bottom at the end if you need to hurry it.    Should have sent you some of Liz's rub. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 12:31:08 PM »
TLD, I went in to WalMart after I finished my short day at work, was like a zoo in there. Hope your trip to Sam's was better. Wife's birthday today, picked up a cake and some ice cream.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 01:02:43 PM »
We have not gone yet, I am waiting on my wife to get ready. I am going to sit in the car and let her go in.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 10:13:36 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 05:41:21 PM »
The Sam's experience was not too bad. We  grabbed a late lunch out and finished up at Albertsons. We are back home and the groceries have been brought in. It is time for a nap.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 06:48:52 PM »
We’ve had a few storm cells move though this afternoon.  Had a little lightning, thunder, but no rain.

I’m all set for the weekend, shopping wise, but if something comes up I’ll hit Wally World about 2 or 3 in the morning.  It’s only about 5-10 minutes away, and at that time the employees outnumber the customers about 2 to 1, and I get to park right by the door.

Have taken over patio watering duties along with some flowerbeds that need more than the three days a week that the sprinklers come on. 

Tonight I’ll finish off the pizza.  Tomorrow it’s grilled steak, grilled corn on the cob and baked tater.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 07:35:50 PM »
Took a direct hit from lightning , blew a big hunk of bark of the huge oak out front...
I saw it hit ....ZANG
Power was out 2 hours ....zapped the DEVO box maybe the TV too & the landline phone is toast  .... satellite was scrambled but is reset now....

Internet router is OK .... smoked the kitchen fixture light bulb though ....

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2015, 08:09:09 PM »
Maj

That's a lot closer than I'd ever like to be to a lightning strike!  Hope everyone is ok!
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2015, 08:45:45 PM »
That's closer than I've ever experienced, or ever want to. Glad it's only some electronics and an oak tree that got toasted.

Did some Independence Day Eve celebrating, with an M-1 and an SKS.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2015, 08:47:12 PM »
Wow, the picture posting worked! I've had trouble on this site posting pics before.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2015, 01:13:25 AM »
We only had a 20 % chance of rain, which amounted to a few drops of rain on the windshield. The weather  folks are saying a 20 % chance today as well. I had the 0100 plumbing check and back for another nap, prolly till about 0300.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2015, 07:35:17 AM »
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking this morning. A happy 4th of July wishes to everyone at Cascity. I've got some Date-nut bread to go with the Cawffee.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2015, 07:46:39 AM »
No injures , but the tree and it is about 15' from the house...

Both satellite boxes are scrambled , the a for mentioned DEVO box is toast  and the den box ( normal box) has 1/2 the channels wiped out.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2015, 08:12:16 AM »
M2, I am glad that you are okay, I am sorry about the damage to the electricity and the Satellite. We have a 20% chance of rain today. It sprinkled a little, just enough to wet the windshield.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2015, 09:16:26 AM »
Wow! Close call,M2 :o That stuff really packs a punch ::)

Sunny and 69 here at the moment. Got the rounds done and will be going to our son's camper for a bit today. Will have to be back to close the pool this evening,though. Playing at church tomorrow, and then a concert on Tuesday evening ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2015, 09:29:17 AM »
Had to contact Direct TV they will send a replacement HDTV DEVO ....it was after that we realize the other box was screwed.
Call Direct TV again, this time we got some IDIOT girl ....she had us chasing down the SS#  searching for a nonexistence reset button
, claim a Tech had to come out. " its not reading the same error as the other box" ...No ! because it just a box not a DEVO ...
It only allowing 1/2 the channels ....besides it matters not as we have ....the protection plan.
We don't need wait till Tues for a tech to tell us we need new a box  , and wait a week for one to ship !  JUST SHIP A DAM BOX !

I don't know where they get these inbred Jr. High dropouts  ..." OH ! they both were struck by lightning ? "

NO (stupid) .... your Direct TV HDTV DEVO was hit by lightning , the other Direct TV box died of  " loneliness & fright"  !  ::)

Land line battery phone is also toast... I'll buy another today ...

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2015, 10:06:50 AM »
M2, I hope you have Cell service. I am glad that the lightning strike did not catch your house on fire. I hope things will be okay for the rest of the weekend. We had some fresh fruit to go with the Date-nut bread. I made a fresh pot of Cawffee. We enjoyed our food on the Patio. It was overcast with a little breeze.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2015, 10:25:06 AM »
M2  I’m surprised she didn’t tell you make sure it was plugged in.

May have to bring out the drover coat to grill the steak tonight.  60% chase of thorms this afternoon and evening.   Guess I’ll be eating in, instead of on the patio.  That will tick off the cats as they won’t  get the extra outside time.
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2015, 10:27:11 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Glad nobody was hurt, Major 2.

The pork loin turned out well.

Having brats and baked beans for lunch.

I'm lube sizing .454 boolits.

Found out my new High Standard GI model 1911-A1 has a tighter chamber than my other 1911's, so my cast reloads won't chamber in it. I'll have to seat the boolits a bit deeper.  

'Tis 74, partly sunny, and humid. High of 82.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2015, 11:24:32 AM »
Thank's  guy's   :)
I'm kinda mater of fact ..but "SHE"  is spooked ...had just finished cooking dinner
the moment it struck, SHE flipped the dinning room light on and it surged and blew out...
No shock , but the flash scared the hell out of her.

I'm doing BBQ ribs in the big red one ....  they'll be fall off the bone about 5 ish...

to all a happy and safe 4th. ...God bless our troops.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2015, 12:45:32 PM »

IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
    He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
    He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.
    He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
    He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
    He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.
    He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.
    He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.
    He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
    He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.
    He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.
    He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.
    He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:
    For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:
    For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:
    For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:
    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:
    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
    For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences
    For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:
    For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:
    For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.
    He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.
    He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.
    He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.
    He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.
    He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our Brittish brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

The 56 signatures on the Declaration appear in the positions indicated:

Column 1
Georgia:
   Button Gwinnett
   Lyman Hall
   George Walton

Column 2
North Carolina:
   William Hooper
   Joseph Hewes
   John Penn
South Carolina:
   Edward Rutledge
   Thomas Heyward, Jr.
   Thomas Lynch, Jr.
   Arthur Middleton

Column 3
Massachusetts:
John Hancock
Maryland:
Samuel Chase
William Paca
Thomas Stone
Charles Carroll of Carrollton
Virginia:
George Wythe
Richard Henry Lee
Thomas Jefferson
Benjamin Harrison
Thomas Nelson, Jr.
Francis Lightfoot Lee
Carter Braxton

Column 4
Pennsylvania:
   Robert Morris
   Benjamin Rush
   Benjamin Franklin
   John Morton
   George Clymer
   James Smith
   George Taylor
   James Wilson
   George Ross
Delaware:
   Caesar Rodney
   George Read
   Thomas McKean

Column 5
New York:
   William Floyd
   Philip Livingston
   Francis Lewis
   Lewis Morris
New Jersey:
   Richard Stockton
   John Witherspoon
   Francis Hopkinson
   John Hart
   Abraham Clark

Column 6
New Hampshire:
   Josiah Bartlett
   William Whipple
Massachusetts:
   Samuel Adams
   John Adams
   Robert Treat Paine
   Elbridge Gerry
Rhode Island:
   Stephen Hopkins
   William Ellery
Connecticut:
   Roger Sherman
   Samuel Huntington
   William Williams
   Oliver Wolcott
New Hampshire:
   Matthew Thornton
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com