Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 12:06:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Barracks  |  GAF After Action Reports (Moderator: Pitspitr)  |  Topic: 2015 Grand Muster After Action Report 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Grand Muster After Action Report  (Read 5009 times)
Drydock
MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2015, 05:05:06 pm »

Jerry probably needs to recover from severe eye strain after deciphering my chickin sckratchin'.  (Apologies to any poultry)

Civilize them with a Krag . . .
Pitspitr
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2015, 06:20:28 pm »

Are the complete scores available anywhere?  Some of us also rans would like to see where we finished.
Sorry I didn't think of that. I'll double check, but I'm afraid the score sheets may have gone in the trash after the summary was figured. It's raining again here so it may be a day or 2 before I get back up to the cabin.

I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA RSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Endowment Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life
Drydock
MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2015, 07:43:21 pm »

I left them piled on the lower bunk in the chicken shed. (Chicken barracks?)  I'll bring a proper file next year!

Civilize them with a Krag . . .
Pitspitr
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2015, 08:05:18 pm »

I left them piled on the lower bunk in the chicken shed. (Chicken barracks?)  I'll bring a proper file next year!
I know, but I picked them up while I was cleaning, but I don't remember if I put them in the wood box in the coop or put them in the garbage barrel outside. My son and one of his buddies camped up there last weekend and I told him to burn up as much trash as possible.  Undecided Embarrassed If I put them in the wood box they'll still be ok. If not it's anybody's guess if they are still there.

Pitspitr
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2015, 10:01:12 pm »

Good News!
They were in the wood box. It'll probably be a few days before I can get everything compiled as I'm leaving headquarters for a couple of days tomorrow as soon as I get off work.

BTW FWIW I shot better this evening while playing on the long range targets that I did at the muster. I went 10 for 13 at 400 with my Colt (M16/AR15) and 14 for 15 at 50 with my Beretta M9. I would recommend when shooting the long range be sure to shoot full power loads to coincide with the sights of your rifle. You won't hurt the armor targets we use for that.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2015, 10:12:30 pm »

I did Sunday after most every one left, full power 32 mags out of my Ruger.   Grin  The 100 was easy once I got the range (took 2) then hit it every time, took 4 rounds to get on the 200, but was hitting it about half the time, never got on the 300 but came dang close on most of them.  But it was windy.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Bat 2919
G Man / Bat Masterson
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2015, 12:38:20 am »

Well now, I'm sure I could have shaved some time off on that long range match if I were allowed to shoot it with a M1 Garand or maybe my M1A.  My son (the Marine) was appalled with my times on the long range match until I reminded him I was shooting the 1903 and Krag.

Happy Trails

G Man / Bat Masterson
NRA Endowment
SASS #2919L
AZSA #11L
NCOWS #530
BOLD# 276
GAF #750
Niederlander
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2015, 07:23:41 am »

I'm going to get over there one of these days and try it with my M1A.  It will be interesting to see the difference in time!

"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"
Sam Perfye
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Al Weaver

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2015, 06:11:16 pm »

To: Command staff and enlisted personal GAF

Raise the Black Flag and ride hard boys, Our cause is just and our enemies our many.
Sam Perfye
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Al Weaver

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2015, 06:28:34 pm »

Let's try this again, To the command staff and enlisted personal GAF. After retuning home and repairing telegraph(electronic) commuications, the Argentine contingent is able to submit it's after action report. Once again the commisary dept. outdid itself in keeping the troops fortified and able to take the field. Thanks to Del and his staff. The stages were challenging without being overpowering, congratulations to Jerry, Chuck, and Dale for providing another outstanding event. All previous suggestions would only make a great shoot even better. Hope to see everyone, and a few more next year. Al.

Raise the Black Flag and ride hard boys, Our cause is just and our enemies our many.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Barracks  |  GAF After Action Reports (Moderator: Pitspitr)  |  Topic: 2015 Grand Muster After Action Report « previous next »
Jump to: