Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 04:59:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Zoot Shooters (Moderator: Pitspitr)  |  Topic: 1905 or 1907 Winchester 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1905 or 1907 Winchester  (Read 9323 times)
Niederlander
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2017, 10:04:35 am »

Looks to me that going with the look alike 1905 would probably be the best way to go, especially if the same magazines work.  Much easier to find brass to modify, as well.

"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"
Colt Fanning
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2017, 10:21:27 am »

Hi,
You might consider using the 1905 in 32wsl.  The brass is easily made from 32-20 brass and is available at buffalo arms.  I have shot my
1905 with lead bullets from hunters supply successfully.  I shoot a reduced load but the bolt still whacks the receiver pretty hard.  I bought one of the repo 10 round mags and modified it for the 1905 but was only able to get it to shoot reliably with 7 rounds.  I got one of the 1907 10 round mags (351) and it shoots the 32wsls pretty reliably without modification.  There is no zoot chapters here in the dallas area but I like to shoot it at the range.
Regards
Preston C
LongWalker
Citizen

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2017, 01:03:13 pm »

Any one know of a way to keep the forearm from cracking?
I've never seen one that wasn't cracked.  A friend and I once took one and did the necessary repairs, then shelled out the inside with a Dremel.  After a coat of epoxy, I laid in some fiberglass (repair stuff from an auto parts store), then basically glass-bedded the threaded portions of some drywall screws where ever I could fit them.  Then I used epoxy putty to build it back up. 

More bother than it was probably worth, but as far as I know that one hasn't cracked.  The later ones were bulkier, and less-likely to crack (looked "a little pregnant", but they didn't crack).  I've seen repros available from one of the stock companies, Macon maybe.   

I always preferred the Remington Model 8, so my thoughts on appearances may be a bit biased. 
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Zoot Shooters (Moderator: Pitspitr)  |  Topic: 1905 or 1907 Winchester « previous next »
Jump to: