Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 09:54:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Leather Shop (Moderators: Marshal Will Wingam, Ten Wolves Fiveshooter)  |  Topic: Show Us Your BEAD WORK, Pards 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show Us Your BEAD WORK, Pards  (Read 22801 times)
Marshal Will Wingam
Garden Variety
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2017, 11:24:22 am »

Looks good, KT. Thanks for sharing the pic. Cool

SCORRS     SASS     BHR
KidTerico
kidterico
Top Active Citizen

I,m to small to turn the other cheek.

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2017, 10:07:46 am »

Thanks Marshal Will. KT

Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.
Ben Beam
SASS Affiliated Merchant (#105892)
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2017, 01:20:44 pm »

I'm inspired by such beautiful work, and may give it a try myself. I noted that on close ups of many of the pieces that there's some staining to the beads that gives them a very aged/rustic appearance, and was curious if this is because they are vintage beads or if people are doing something to stain them?

Ben Beam & Co. -- Bringing You a New Old West -- Reproduction Old West Ephemera for re-enactors, living historians, set dressing, chuckwagons, props, or just for fun!
http://www.BenBeam.com
Marshal Will Wingam
Garden Variety
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2017, 04:58:43 pm »

I believe the newer beads are brighter in color than the originals. Also, some people may soak them in something to stain them slightly. I wouldn't know what would stain a glass bead very well, though. If you look on ebay you may be able to find some of the vintage ones.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR
Ben Beam
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2017, 05:09:28 pm »

This beautiful piece from the first page of this post shows what I'm talking about well: see on the beads that some have brown staining:

* IMG_1113.JPG (94.47 KB, 480x446 - viewed 81 times.)

Ben Beam & Co. -- Bringing You a New Old West -- Reproduction Old West Ephemera for re-enactors, living historians, set dressing, chuckwagons, props, or just for fun!
CraigC
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2017, 10:27:54 am »

I'm inspired by such beautiful work, and may give it a try myself. I noted that on close ups of many of the pieces that there's some staining to the beads that gives them a very aged/rustic appearance, and was curious if this is because they are vintage beads or if people are doing something to stain them?
You can't stain glass after-the-fact and it doesn't change color with age but I have been able to get some "crap" to stick to them and the leather they're sewn to to make it look more aged. Then it tends to wear off the high spots and the effect is really nice on an aged piece.

Graveyard Jack SASS #81,827
Ben Beam
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2017, 03:32:28 pm »

Is this crap crap, or other crap? I'd rather not use crap crap if I don't have to. Wink

CraigC
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2017, 10:56:23 am »

In this case the crap was Tandy's professional waterstain and/or antiquing gel. It's a little thicker than regular dye and has waxes in it. Wink

I still want to experiment with other "crap" to see if it works better.

Graveyard Jack SASS #81,827
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Leather Shop (Moderators: Marshal Will Wingam, Ten Wolves Fiveshooter)  |  Topic: Show Us Your BEAD WORK, Pards « previous next »
Jump to: