Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 03:17:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: Remember those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Remember those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom.  (Read 1564 times)
Marshal Guinness Stout - Life SASS #3334
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Active citizen

« on: May 24, 2015, 04:27:04 pm »

Please take a moment or two out of your Memorial Day weekend festivities and fellowship to remember & honor those of our armed forces who gave their lives as the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.  Me & my fellow veterans gave some, but these gave all.  Please join me in honoring them, lest we forget, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!!

God bless each of you and yours.

* hand salute.jpg (4.42 KB, 148x88 - viewed 185 times.)

* DSC0030.jpg (345.17 KB, 630x419 - viewed 117 times.)
Crow Choker
Top Active Citizen

River Banker Extraordinaire

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 07:51:13 am »

Remembered and Honored! Thank you to all who have served, those who have sacrificed their time by serving, those who have lasting injuries, and to those who have given their lives, all to protect America and freedom! Thank you-Crow Choker

Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo
Navy Six
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 11:04:20 am »

An honor it is to remember all who have served to help make this country great!! Saying thank you just doesn't seem enough.  God Bless To All

Only Blackpowder Is Interesting
Blair
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 02:59:34 pm »

I would like to Thank you both for very much expressing my very same feeling and thoughts.
My best,
 Blair

A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21
Trailrider
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 03:38:15 pm »

Yesterday, at a baccalaureat service for graduating cadets, at the United States Air Force Academy, my veterans post honored a number of those who fell in Afghanistan, including 1LT Rosyln L. Shulte, the first women Academy graduate KIA, to whom I was honored to present a ceremonial religious wine cup when she graduated. Sadly, she was killed by an IED a year later, while acting as an intel officer.  Cry

Lest we forget... Lest we forget!

Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF
dwight55
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 06:48:39 pm »

There just are not words enough...................

But, . . . Thank You............

May God bless,
Dwight

If you can breathe:  thank God

If you can read:  thank a teacher

If you can read this in English:  thank a Veteran
Bruce W Sims
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 10:30:20 am »

Maybe this is also a time to remember our Fallen in another way as well.

When Saigon fell, not a few Americans considered the 60,000 or so dead Americans
as a kind of waste of life. There was also not a little anger at the South Vietnamese
who never seemed to be as invested in the fight as the countries who came to their aid.

Quite recently, the ISIS folks took over a couple places in Anbar Province in Iraq where the American
effort was particularly challenged and the losses were high. Once again I heard some
mutterings about how our American lives were "wasted" trying to provide Iraqis with a
sound alternative to centuries of Tribal politics.

I'm writing to say that whether you call it "Liberty" or "Freedom" or "Democracy" or whatever, to
give one's Life so that someone that person may not even know at least has a CHANCE to
know something different is huge and ought not be trivialized by short-term reversals. Just sayin....

Best Wishes,

Bruce
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: Remember those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom. « previous next »
Jump to: