Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 07:21:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: New Pards: Hurricane Deck, Fauquier, mywinch, AKexpat and CosmicArkie. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Pards: Hurricane Deck, Fauquier, mywinch, AKexpat and CosmicArkie.  (Read 780 times)
Silent Joe
The Netherlands
Top Active Citizen

Lady Lis and Me

« on: March 31, 2015, 12:07:07 pm »

Welcome in Cas City, Pards. Walk around, say "Howdy", sit by the fire and tell us your story.  Cheesy          

* kampvuur-1.png (7.4 KB, 70x70 - viewed 95 times.)

The Secret of Life is One Thing..........Just One Thing! (Curly in City Slickers)
Citizen of CAS City #203 * SASS L # 10461 * SBSS # 2064 DWSA # 120 * GAF Intern. #694* IPSAC #43 * Prayer Posse * WartHog * B.o.t.A. >>>------>*

AKexpat
Citizen

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 02:45:18 pm »

Howdy!

Mostly interested in C&B revolvers/conversions, but I'm too old for CAS matches. About 20 years ago I acquired a Remington #5 RB rifle in 7x57 Mauser (1902 Paraguay)  that I re-barreled to 45-100, added a tang rear sight/aperture front sight, and restocked it with some nice Reinhart Fajen fancy walnut. Shot it for about 5 years and sold it to a co-worker (who just had to have it) for a very nice price (for me!). (Sorry, no pics;: most of my pre-digital era photos were lost due to water damage.)

I have also owned a ~1919 Winchester 94 .25-35, a ~1928 Marlin 39 26" octagonal, a ~1878 Model 1873 Trapdoor Springfield .45-70 rifle, a well-used Ballard Pacific .45-70, and a Fox Sterlingworth 20 ga. with double triggers, but all have been sold to maybe better homes since my eyesight has gone downhill.

I am now working on a 2014 [CM] Pietta 1851 Navy steel .36 project, to include: Navy round and squareback TG's/grips/gripframes, 1860 Army TG/grip/gripframe, shoulder stock, 7.5" & 12" Pietta .36 barrels, Kirst .22 LR and .38 Colt conversion cylinder kit, and a wood display case for all of it. Might even get some silver rattlesnakes like Blondie had! One could say that I am not all that interested in historically correct firearms! As I am retired and in my mid 60's, I hope to complete it before I die.  Grin   Lots of time and lots less money!

Lived in Alaska for 35 years before retiring to SW WA State several years ago.

Looking forward to learning from you old sages!

Jim

CosmicArkie
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 08:34:19 am »

Howdy, I am a retired feller who inherited half a dozen vintage pieces - Sharps carbine; Spencer rifle; Springfield Armory trapdoor; Remington rolling block; Flobert; and an unidentified muzzleloader - from my grandfather.

Family legend has it that he picked them up while working for El Paso Gas Co. back in the 1920's or 30's running the gas lines across the desert near Douglas, AZ.  Supposedly, the weapons were dropped by Pancho Villa's guys after the battle of Agua Prieta.

The trapdoor is in remarkably good shape - good bore, etc. - and is probably ready to fire.  The Sharps, Spencer & Flobert are a bit rougher - dark & rusty spots in the bores and the wood has taken a beating.  The Remington is going to take some more time/work.  Pretty rough.

Here's a few pics....

* 004.JPG (234.38 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 115 times.)

* Pancho Sharps.JPG (64.71 KB, 640x480 - viewed 126 times.)

* IMG_0001.JPG (88.01 KB, 640x480 - viewed 124 times.)

* Rolling Block 001.JPG (135.73 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 122 times.)
Hurricane Deck
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 04:00:03 pm »

Howdy and thanks for having me.

My family received SASS numbers about a year ago. all three of us have been enjoying the sport ever since. We've got two sets of competition guns we share between us and I reload everything on a Dillon XL650 after my frustration level reached a fevered pitch with the Lee Loadmaster I was using.

Long story.

Squibs suck.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: New Pards: Hurricane Deck, Fauquier, mywinch, AKexpat and CosmicArkie. « previous next »
Jump to: