Author Topic: Time Marches "on" so's the coffee  (Read 98967 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time Marches "on" so's the coffee
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2015, 04:41:39 PM »
M2, I got the info. THANKS
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2015, 07:10:34 PM »
Right decent din-din.

Dumped a can of store brand pasta sauce in the pot. Busted up 'n browned the sausage 'n tossed that in there. Long 'bout six, boilt up the rigatoni but cut the time a couple minutes short. Drained it 'n dumped that in the sauce. Stirred it in good 'n let it sit on low 'bout twenty minutes or so.

Pulled a half dozen yard bird thighs out the freezer for tomorrow. Ain't seen nothin' on school closin' yet. Be keepin' the faith 'til I crap out. That's gonna be soon.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2015, 07:51:57 PM »
The roads have melted and they look dry. I have a short drive to the offsite parking lot, then a shuttle to the Airport. The soup is just about done. Moose just put the cornbread in the oven. I hope everything goes okay and I get to Springfield tomorrow morning. I prolly won't much sleep, I am always anxious before the flight. I made a good choice about the flying, the roads in and out of Missouri are slick and icy.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 07:24:38 PM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2015, 05:22:08 AM »
Mornin'.

Mid twenties goin' ta thirty sumthin' 'n freakin' breezy. Nothin' ta speak of fell from the sky. School as scheduled.

Gonna be too much of a mess for me ta get in tomorrow. No shootin'. Can remember when I'd ah crawled thru it ta shoot sumthin'. It'll improve. Feel sorry for myownself in the interim.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2015, 06:33:33 AM »
All of 2 degrees here, WC's are in minus figures, but, the sun's out(big deal) :P

Fish fry at the church again tonight so I don't have to plan anything for supper ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2015, 06:59:55 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis -3 and sunny. High of 30.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2015, 07:44:02 AM »
Drizzly and 72° won't change much temp wise.... hope the rain abates , was going to the range  :-\

Tried my hand at reloading 32/20's last night , just got the dies, brass & 115 Gr. bullets ...bit of learning curve they are, these bottle necks.
I'm going to use them in my Dad's ( he gave it to me about 1971 ) S&W Hand Ejector... hadn't bought or even found ammo on a shelf for years.
I know it has not been shot in 40 years  :o . course it's in good shape was stored well.
Last I recall, I bought some ammo in N. Carolina to plink with around 1972 , Remington Kleanbore I think it was....
It's shown with the 10-5 I just got... carried a lot shot a little. I reloaded for it the other day. 

I think I'll have moment, when I shoot the 32/20 again  :) :( :) :) :)

Wish some Church Group or Service club would do a Fish Fry here  :-*  every Friday
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2015, 08:32:24 AM »
They do it for Lent,M2. It's kinda like old home week for the girls as they see people they grew up with or knew during school days. they serve fried fish or baked fish, shrimp,a combo of fish and shrimp, or baked chicken. Choice of baked tato or fries, cole slaw and apple sauce. There's also a desert table that has some sugar free for those of us on the wagon. With a roll and drink, it's 9 bucks a head and the hall is usually packed ::) ;)

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2015, 12:07:35 PM »
DANG "they serve fried fish or baked fish, shrimp,a combo of fish and shrimp, or baked chicken" I'd be sooooooo there !

Fried fish, shrimp & cole slaw  ;D

Have a Roast in the big Red one , carrots, onions & taters too.... aroma is starting to permeate

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2015, 04:32:57 PM »
I made to Springfield about 10:30 am. I got a ride with the Hotel shuttle at the airport. The ride took only 15 minutes. I got checked in at the hotel. I grabbed some lunch in the restaurant(fish and chips), which was good. I think I will get a cheeseburger and fries for supper. We have our Congress meeting tonight. My room is nice.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2015, 04:35:47 PM »
They have good food there, try the Crab cakes

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2015, 07:52:37 PM »
Sounds right nice, Buck.

Found a hunk of beef that looked kinda reasonable price wise for Beef Vegetable (always capitalize Beef Vegetable) Soup. Fat lady found a black round one ta replace the one Andi claimed. Adopted it right away 'n surprised me with it. Might hafta break it in with the soup.

Gotta roast in the freezer out in the vehicles' bedroom. Want some ground turkey breast ta do another pot of pasta e fagioli, ain't tried it like that yet.

Them Smiths look ready for some exercise, M2.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2015, 11:36:50 PM »
Was down to Springfield this afternoon, stopped by the convention for a bit. Just got a "day pass" so all I could see was the vendors area. That was only half what it was last year....and most of the vendors I wanted to visit again were the ones not there. Saw several I knew, Rive City John, Books, and a few others that don't frequent this forum. Missed TLD, though, he must have been at a seminar when I was there.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2015, 06:00:01 AM »
I was sent some photo's ... Saw Books & Trap , and Keith and his Work-N-Ranch trailer. Cliff Fendley Leather & Knives the Sewing Sisters
and the Cows Hide Leather Maker were in the Photos too.
Your right, several familiar vendors were absent, perhaps the weather the few day earlier that canceled the Shoot   :-\
Gripmaker had to cancel due to a loss in the family,  :(   & Jim Downing had a prior commitment and said early on he couldn't attend.
  Sorry, I was unable to attend this year , missed my pards TLD & RCJ  and missed seeing Pete , Fingers , Books ,Trap, you PE , Irish Dave,
Doc Bob , Roger S. and so many others ... :(

Roast turned out good last night , maybe enough left for tonight  :-\

Plans are to get some range time today.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2015, 06:33:21 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Going to my aunt's husband's funeral today in Tony, WI (3.5 hr drive) with my parents. He was 80.

'Tis 13 and overcast. High of 40. Melt some of the white stuff.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2015, 08:29:35 AM »
White stuff's all gone here, except where the snowplows piled it up, and that's not very white anymore..... Hope all that nonsense is done with for the year.

Pancakes on the griddle, then off to the range to drag our targets and tables and stuff out of storage. Won't be much in the way of new construction or painting props for the first match this year, due to the weather. First match in two weeks. :)

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2015, 02:36:40 PM »
Wife had a commitment today, so I'm doing laundry. Checked with the mechanic in the park about getting the SIL's car serviced. It'll get done tomorrow.

35 or 37 depending on which service I check. Doing some melting. I went out a bit ago and filled some bird feeders. Saw a sqiurrel(SP?) down here this morning. Got brave enough to come into the north side yard. SIL has had a couple of the theives raiding her feeder in the back ::)

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2015, 10:09:29 PM »
Range workday went well, everything's set up and in place. Was mistaken, first match is next week. Get confused sometimes when first day of the month is Sunday.....makes the third Sunday kind of sneak up on me.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2015, 11:21:15 PM »
Hey y'all.
Been a little while since I said howdy.  Still, there ain't nothin' really been going on.

I suppose the most interesting thing of late are my acquisitions.  Went to the yearly gun show up here this afternoon.  Picked up two neat old Winchester barrels.  One is from a Model 70.  It's 24 inches, has a front site, and a plug in the rear site.  Was built in '48. Picked it up for $40.  For my brother, I bought an octagon barrel for a '92.  It's 22 inches, though the sights are missing.  Easy Fix.  It's chambered for 38WCF.  Gonna see about sticking these two barrels on their respective receivers and build some useful irons out of 'em.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2015, 04:54:01 AM »
Had a full funeral. Knights of Columbus honor guard and full military honors. He was in the Navy. Saw cousins I had not seen in years and some I hadn't seen before. It was a good time.

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com