Author Topic: Time Marches "on" so's the coffee  (Read 98673 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time Marches "on" so's the coffee
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2015, 08:16:34 AM »
I have errands to run this morning, before the nasty stuff starts. I need a serious haircut, I need to look spiffy for the Convention. I am on my second cup of Cawffee.  A breakfast sandwich is in order and a third cup of Cawffee.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 416
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2015, 12:02:09 PM »
Lobster Bisque soup from the concrete pantry for lunch .... reload some 38's and a nap  :)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2015, 02:20:56 PM »
I got my long needed haircut this morning and had lunch afterward. I got my suitcases packed and loaded into the pickup. I've got an early flight out in the morning. I don't live too far from the offsite parking lot and I don't know the roads are going to be like in the morning.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 07:18:27 AM »

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2015, 04:05:50 PM »
Safe trip Jim...tell um hey for me  :(

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2015, 05:24:04 PM »
Thanks M2. Moose should be home from school anytime now. I had some beef enchiladas for lunch that were really good. It was cold and damp outside and I felt like Mexican comfort food.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2015, 07:01:47 PM »
Ho, doods..

Dashboard thingy read 74º when I left the nest it quarter ta 1700 hrs. Guessin' a high of 41º tomorrow with precip of some description 'n down in the twenties tomorrow night. Hehehehehehehe... Whatta rip..

Good action. Hadda run of folks stoppin' 'n askin' what the hell we were lookin' at. Ole Joe stopped by. Good ole fella. Late sixties, early seventies. Lives in the hood. Drivin' a full sized whir Ford van. He goes ta leave 'n backs slam inta a woman's Honda whilst she was waitin' on a stop light.

Weren't gonna stay long. Just missed a shift change. Female flew in 'n roosted 'bout 200 yards off. Ended up needin' ta inspect Food Lion's men's room. Din-din come from there. Dinty Moore beef stew.

Ennyways. The screwed stuff gonna keep me from spendin' that kinda time out there tomorrow.

My best ta ya, PE, with the MA varriant. Tex, have a good trip. Y'all see anybody I know tell 'em I said Hey.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2015, 05:18:54 AM »
I'll put a pot on ::)

16 and dark here. Had some light snow over night, don't look like the street's covered. We'll see once we get some more daylight :P
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2015, 05:59:45 AM »
Mornin'.

Forty sumthin' 'n droppin'. Weren't rainin' when Eye Witnessed the weather. Is now. Oh well..

Thinkin' on pawster. Ain't decided if I'll put anything on or in it.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2015, 06:18:26 AM »

Thanks Buck , I'll have some  :)

expecting... ready for this ?
87° today guesser's say,  :-\ partly cloudy but no rain mentioned ?...but Friday 71° f High.  go figure  ???

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2015, 06:52:18 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis -13 and sunny. High of 14.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2015, 07:58:32 AM »
We got about 4 inches of snow and iced over roads. American Airlines cancelled my flight to Springfield, and rebooked me on the same flight tomorrow. The Weather is supposed to get better tomorrow. One less night of motel room and meals. Schools are closed, so Moose is home. It feels like an oatmeal day, with toast and another pot of Cawffee.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2015, 08:57:25 AM »
 good luck in the morning

I got a warning on my GPS ( still programmed for the trip ) of sever icing & possible roads closed  ::)
And to think , I ( a flat lander, tropic dweller ) was to drive through that " STUFF " only ice I ever see is in my tea.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2015, 09:25:33 AM »
9 here, going to 34 and a warming trend, could be 60's or so by the weekend.  Off today, got to go get keys made form a couple nieces that live out of town and work here in case they need to stay because of weather.   Odd key for an old lock, but know where to get them.   

Got to find something for supper while out, not sure what, may have another cup and think on it. 

Ran the one lady at work home last night, lives about 24 miles west, made me take about 10 pounds of ground pork home, she just bought a 1/2 hog, gonna thaw it, make country sausage and refreeze and it won't be Jimmy Deans it will be Delmonicos.   ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2015, 11:00:26 AM »
Sitting at the Neurologist with Liz, she just got a call from her sister. Her sister's Father-in-law just passed away this morning. I expect that the funeral will be this weekend.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2015, 11:20:33 AM »
Got the keys, cool old shop about a mile from home down by the city/county building and the capital.  Smells like a shop, just enough clutter to know they are craftsman and all three in there had grey hair and are looking to hire another by the sign.   

Wife called, got to run another errand but having coffee first, found a 14 point something hunk of cured pig by Cooks (also close) $1.79 a pound.   

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2015, 12:39:28 PM »
Sorry to hear, Tom.

Bad news here, they're cuttin' school an hour short. There's sleet mixed in with the rain. Them what has ta decide, the city attorney's office, have an glint of an idea this stuff'll freeze o'ernight it'll be shut down tomorrow. Rats....

Had two old key 'n lock shops 'n one old hardware with good stuff near here. Last one shut down a year or so ago, had been in business since the early sixties. Ace up the street got a varied 'n sundry bunch of stuff I don't see in the big box places. Hear tell ya can take a digital image of a key ya want made, e-mail it ta some company 'n they'll snail mail ya a copy. Dunno why in the hell anyone'd wanna do that. Guess it is what it is.

Gonna get rid of the rigatoni in the pantry. Got some mild Italian sausage 'n some tomato sauce. Left o'er hot dog buns to toast up 'n press inta scarpetta duty. Should be fairly edible.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2015, 12:50:26 PM »
Decided to make homemade fries with the ham, now I just cleaned and strained the fryer and need some more fuel for it.   Will piss off any clerks that are Muslims having to check me out.   ::)   
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2015, 02:53:20 PM »
The temps are up, and the yard and roads are melting. I hope the flight is not cancelled again. Vegetable Beef soup is on the menu for tonight. I had some oatmeal and a sausage, egg and cheese biscuit for breakfast. I finished off the Cawffee too.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2015, 03:18:20 PM »
Jim as a FYI the Osteen family made it out this morning from DFWX and made the connection in Detriot and are in the air now headed to Elmira NY for Paul Osteens funeral.  (The fella from the dutch oven group that had the stroke, he passed away Sunday.) 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2015, 03:35:23 PM »
Jim,  I resent the Proxies , hope you have a safe flight ....

LIT ...sorry for your loss , condolences to the family  :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com