Author Topic: Time Marches "on" so's the coffee  (Read 98665 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time Marches "on" so's the coffee
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2015, 09:18:03 AM »
It is foggy outside. I am having another cup of Cawffee. I plan on getting out, but not till the fog lifts.i going back to bed again after I finish my Cawffee. That electric blanket is calling me.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2015, 10:59:19 AM »
Nuther new saw, for a one man operation.    ;D

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2015, 11:25:04 AM »
Now all you need is a set of cross bucks,Del ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 09:49:03 AM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2015, 11:38:05 AM »
Now all you need is a set of cross bucks,Del ::)

Folding one, already have it designed in my mind and have plenty of cut nails to put it together and know where to get the square head bolts and nuts for the pivot.   
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2015, 02:14:58 PM »
Del is getting a nice saw collection. I fixed me a sausage, egg and cheese sandwich for lunch and finished off the pot of Cawffee. No clue for supper. Moose has open house at her school tonight, so she will be home late tonight.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2015, 02:20:35 PM »
I got this one a while back, need to get them ready.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2015, 02:32:40 PM »
That one is quite "toothy",Del ::) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2015, 03:32:09 PM »
All our snow has melted and now the rain is coming. The yards need the moisture for sure. Moose texted me and said that she is bringing something home for supper. I've got to get my bags for Springfield tomorrow. That should not take too long.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2015, 04:18:50 PM »
Evenin Y'all, got a call this mornin about Sanfernando, He is out of ICU and in a private room.He must have been feeling good because he was asking the nurses if they wanted to see his fast draw,I feel sorry for the nurses He can be quite the flirt. I'm making some venison chili with beans on the side for dinner got more S**w coming down here,25 degrees right now.Y'all have a good night and thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers for Sanfernendo.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2015, 04:53:59 PM »
You are quite welcome. I wish San Fernando Red continued recovery. We have more fog coming in tonight, until tomorrow morning.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2015, 06:44:34 PM »
1/2" of sn*w with some rain on it.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2015, 06:55:36 PM »
We got freezing rain, turning to sleet tomorrow, and lasting till noon on Thursday.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2015, 07:19:40 PM »
Good news, Maj 'n good ta hear.

Weren't bad out. Would have been pretty nice with some sun.

Went ta see my connection. Always act like I'm shoppin' 'fore I meet 'em in the corner. Had this foldin' utility cart. Got ta lookin' it o'er. Wanted ta see how big it was closed. Found this bale thing on it. Sportin' a yellow sticker said 'push down ta unlock' er sumthin' such. Pushed it. Thing come off in my hand. Little springs flyin' e'er'where. Cart folded up all by itsownself after that. Found a manager 'n told 'im. Said it weren't a problem. Ferget it. So I did until just now.

Two quick checks it the nest. Saw a bird's head ta the right of the center branch first time. Left the second. Guess all's good with that.

Beans was pretty decent. Don't know what I got ta do tomorrow. Reckon I'll sleep on the possibilities.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2015, 10:27:53 PM »
Moose brought home some chopped BBQ sandwiches for supper, we had leftover beans and potato salad to go with the sandwiches. It was good. It should be fun and games tomorrow, sleet and ice.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2015, 11:24:13 PM »
BBQ , Beans & Potato e salad  :o  there's a combo for reeking the havoc of wind breaking   ;) fun and games tomorrow indeed !
Worth every moment too !

add cabbage, and Homeland Security look out !

I posted this over on the BOLD BB

Older LEO's may appreciate this.... acquired a S&W Mod. 10-5 today, pretty good condition mechanically but no beauty queen  

It was given to my nephew ( wife sister's boy )  He has a wee one and didn't want it around so he gave it to my BIL ...he in turned has passed it on to me   :)
Nice, though has holster wear and was stored for some time in a in the waist band leather  :( ... so it has some freckling
I disassembled it tonight, for though cleaning and it's soaking now in EEZOX®

Bore & Cylinder are excellent, tight and will be good shooter  SS# date's it to 1969-70

I'll post a photo when it's presentable

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2015, 04:53:46 AM »
M2, A good time was had by all. I ordered a set of replacement grips for the 1903 Smith. I hope that they fit. The outfit does have a return policy. The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for Drinking. Enjoy!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2015, 05:53:05 AM »
Mornin'.

Fifty sumthin' now, seventy sumthin' later, breezy, might rain. Thirty sumthin' tomorrow, breezy 'n it might snow...... Don't care who ya are, that's sum funny stuff..

Learned ta shoot center fire stuff with model 10/pencil barrels 'fore there was such a thing as a model 64/bull barrels. One these days, when I think about it, gonna get me a blue 10 pencil.

M2, when ya get old maybe ya can get some folks with old DA revolvers tagether 'n form ya up an OFSDAR chapter. Ain't no stinkin' rule book, ain't no affiliation, ain't no dress code – a DA revolver, holster, bullets, common sense 'n fun.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2015, 06:08:40 AM »
I guess I could start a "MAFSDAR" chapter, if I only had the time. As it is, I have a farm and can just go outside and blast away, but it seems there's always something else that needs to be done.

Must be some kind of bad weather outside, phone just rang, it was the automated voice that tells us school's closed for the day. I haven't looked outside yet.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2015, 06:12:16 AM »
Yep ! when I get old  :)  
 I figure this one is a old LEO turn in or some other agency, it had 22 in white paint right behind the SS#
on the butt ... that came off with the cleaning. Defiantly saw holster, long carry history.
It's a square butt with OEM Magna grips, these are dry but no cracks etc.
 I'll give them a cleaning with Balistol. Action is silky and lockup is tight , bore is bright and strong rifling.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2015, 06:34:57 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 3 and partly cloudy. WC -8. High of 14.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com