Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 04:26:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: 1851 back strap and trigger gaurd 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1851 back strap and trigger gaurd  (Read 1041 times)
abengell
Citizen

« on: November 15, 2014, 02:15:34 am »

So I bought a Cimarron frontier and immediately felt regret because I was looking at others with the brass back strap and trigger gaurd and liked the look way more. I noticed the 1851 parts looked identical to mine. I looked on forums for 2 months trying to find out if they did and couldn't find an answer
  I came across a an old 1851 pietta clone made in 1976 at a pawn shop that was non functional. No springs no barrel wedge and half the screws missing. I talked the guy down to 30 bucks from 90 and swapped them out and they do fit perfectly. You might need to shave the trigger an 8th inch on the saa but it does fit and looks great.

Not asking questions just figured I'd post my findings since I could never find an answer
Abilene
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 01:22:45 pm »

Howdy abengell and welcome,
It is fairly well documented in these pages that grip frames will usually swap fairly well between models of the same manufacturer (Uberti to Uberti, Pietta to Pietta).  The brass grip frames are offered on some of the lower-priced models of Italian SAA's but are not authentic to the SAA so more often folks want to change from brass to steel, or to color the brass to look like steel.  But others, like you, like the brass look.  Glad it worked out for you!  If you are sure you won't want to go back to the steel grip frame and its fitted grip, you should have no problem selling it in the classifieds.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: 1851 back strap and trigger gaurd « previous next »
Jump to: