Author Topic: Here it "tiz" November, Turkey day around the corner & coffee  (Read 163685 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
Re: Here it "tiz" November, Turkey day around the corner & coffee
« Reply #540 on: November 27, 2014, 03:03:21 PM »
I like to cut sweet potatoes in to strips ( like fries) Olive oil a sheet pan and oven fry them with a sprinkle of Garlic salt.
Enjoy your eats , y'all ,  :)

My plan is to steer clear of anything,  Black Friday'ish  ::)

Prayers for your Dad , Slim
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #541 on: November 27, 2014, 03:06:10 PM »
Major just wait for the smash n grab deals on Michael Brown Monday. Get there early before the good stuff is picked over...

Too soon?
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #542 on: November 27, 2014, 05:32:11 PM »
The Eagles are ahead of Dallas, and it looks like the Eagles will win. TCU plays Texas in about an hour. I hope it will be better than the Cowboy game. Thanksgiving supper should be ready in an hour or so.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #543 on: Today at 12:12:11 AM »

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #543 on: November 27, 2014, 06:16:37 PM »
Major just wait for the smash n grab deals on Michael Brown Monday. Get there early before the good stuff is picked over...

Too soon?

naughhh ... I don't think so

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #544 on: November 27, 2014, 09:40:35 PM »
They drained the fluid out of his lungs and released me. Hemoglobin level wasn't as bad as they thought. My folks are now in Marshfield. We'll be going there in the morn after I get cat food at Dollar General.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #545 on: November 27, 2014, 10:36:39 PM »
Somehow I don't think M2 would blend in very well in Ferguson...but then again, he may still be friends with some good makeup people from the movie days. ;D

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #546 on: November 28, 2014, 06:41:15 AM »
Somehow I don't think M2 would blend in very well in Ferguson...but then again, he may still be friends with some good makeup people from the movie days. ;D

If you watched the other night there was some aweful pale colored skin behind yhe masking . Carrying crap out in to the streets. Wannabe's! Shoot them all! It will stop it.

Slim
Glad to hear your dad is okay.
I need to get some cat and dog food been dreading Wally world and Sam's maybe family dollar will do.

Blair i agree about sweet potatos- M2 i deep fry my sweetfries.  I made up a sweet potato salad this past summer, it impressed me.
Will have to make another soon.

Thanks for the coffee
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #547 on: November 28, 2014, 06:47:33 AM »
Seems the fat lady fergot the sweet 'taters this year.

Mornin'.

Feels like November out. Rain's quit.

Think the collards woulda been fit ta put on the tables of my youth. Those takin', includin' the youngest grand boy, had their fill.

Turkey was o'ercooked but no one 'cept me knew or noticed. Good 'n moist. First one I've done inna long time with crispy skin. Was kinda proud of that 'n the wimmen, true ta form, pulled it off. Tiz why it makes no difference on birds out the pots. Gotta 'nuff left for a couple pots of soup.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #548 on: November 28, 2014, 06:55:05 AM »
Tee shirt of the day....

Thank for the coffee,  doing a roast in the crock pot w/ tatoes , onions and carrots. Scent will be heavenly in a few hours.

Continued good wishes for your Dad , Slim ...glad it worked out he was home for Thanksgiving  :)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #549 on: November 28, 2014, 08:50:01 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Got the cat food. Feed the animals. Watering the horses. Be leaving for Marshfield in a bit.

'Twas 0 at 9 PM. 'Tis 12 and overcast. Dusting overnight. "Light snow in the morning...then a chance of light snow...sleet and freezing drizzle in the afternoon. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Highs in the middle 20s. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #550 on: November 28, 2014, 08:54:42 AM »
I made a pot of Cawffee myself this morning, it is a two pot morning. I am still full from supper last night. Slim, I hope your Dad continues to recover. No plans for Breakfast, anytime soon. Moose is still asleep and Victoria is sleeping in front of the fireplace.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #551 on: November 28, 2014, 10:04:36 AM »
Welp ! looks like I'm getting dragged to a furniture store anyway  :(
"SHE" saw sale she can't pass by without looking at..... ::)

Best go or no peace ..... and at my age I mean "peace"  harmony characterized by lack of violence   :-\  no other spelling !

Roast smells are wafting through out the house, so I'm in a festive spirit  :)
Tiz chilly @  45° but clear as a bell

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #552 on: November 28, 2014, 01:33:53 PM »
I had some errands to run and got them done. I had ordered a small appliance on-line from Target. It was available for in-store pickup. I was not looking forward to standing in line on Black Friday. I went to the service desk and there was only one woman. I was in and out in about. 5 minutes.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #553 on: November 28, 2014, 01:47:44 PM »
Glad everybody's holiday went well.Our turkey came out pretty good, nice and golden brown even thoiugh the oven bags SWMBO weren't the right size( too small for a 12 1/2 pounder). Our one son and family came over in the evening.

Wife has the tree up and mostly decorated, and is out in the shed looking for some of the other decorations that we can't remember where we put'em ::) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #554 on: November 28, 2014, 06:09:18 PM »
Just snagged a Ipad and a 60" LCD  tv for $38. On the Ferguson Craigslist
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #555 on: November 28, 2014, 10:18:45 PM »
Such A Deal!

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #556 on: November 28, 2014, 10:22:33 PM »
They burned the advance auto and auto zone...I wonder if I could find a good price on truck parts... ;D ;D
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #557 on: November 28, 2014, 10:36:19 PM »
Evening y'all.

Trip south went well.  Got to meet my cousin's baby for the first time.  Saw some of the family for the first time in 4-6 years.  That was pretty nice.

Had a bit of a fender bender on the way down.  Trying to switch lanes.  Mother was saying go, dad was saying stay in the lane, younger siblings were yelling rather loudly about something.  Some guy in a Mercedes came through the red light behind, and... Bump!  Nobody was hurt, and the extent of the damage was some dented plastic trim, and a smashed mirror.  The guy was not too worried about it.  Still scared the bejeebers out of me.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #558 on: November 29, 2014, 05:31:40 AM »
Mornin'.

'Bout 30° 'n clear. Guessers sayin' 50° later on.

Kids er back home. Goin' onna short huntin' trip after I finish my grits.

This be the bunch:

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #559 on: November 29, 2014, 06:23:57 AM »
 48° & clear should see 70° by midday.... no plans set in concrete