Author Topic: September's coffee & conversation is up  (Read 145304 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: September's coffee & conversation is up
« Reply #540 on: September 30, 2014, 06:44:03 AM »
Mornin'.

High side of the seventies in store 'n cloudy.

Thankee for the offer, y'all. Wanna stick ta eagles what ain't extinct tho. Ain't sure I'd wanna see Ramblers reproduce either. Am kinda tickled we may not be in fly o'er country no more. Saw 'em fly o'er from time ta time 'n kept yellin' at 'em ta stop.

Paint............. YUCK!
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #541 on: September 30, 2014, 07:02:29 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Sorry to hear the news, Buck. I'll be praying.

'Tis 40 and overcast. High of 60.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #542 on: September 30, 2014, 07:36:53 AM »
Morning ya'll hard to believe it is the end of the month all ready.  Wow! Time flies.

Thanks for the coffee
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #543 on: Today at 10:49:38 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #543 on: September 30, 2014, 08:25:12 AM »
I have had too much Cawwffee this morning and no food. I have to fix some toast to soak up some of the Cawffee.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #544 on: September 30, 2014, 12:31:46 PM »
Happy belated birthday Arcey.  Was under the weather yesterday and didn’t check the site.

Had a visit from a hawk the other day.  I think it was an immature grey hawk.  Sat in the pine tree in the back yard, about 8 feet off the ground and 10 to 15 feet from the patio door.  Drove the cat nuts for about 20 minutes.

Sorry for the loss Buck.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #545 on: September 30, 2014, 05:22:23 PM »
Burgers on the Grill for Supper tonight. The weather has cooled some, the high 80s instead of triple digits.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #546 on: September 30, 2014, 05:28:24 PM »
I guess I'll stick my ugly mug in here for a cuppajoe before the month expires.  I ain't daid yet, but it's been chancy a couple of times of late; now things are not as rough, just sometimes inconvenient - I sure wish we could figure out just what's eatin' at me.  Oh, the travails of a life lived hard, and outliving most of ones peers.

Belated "Hippo-Birdy, Two Ewes", Arcey, put another candle on yer birthday cake, and go get the fire extinguisher before you light that thing.

Sorry to hear of your "Girl's" friend, Buck; that's rough.  My Condolences.

Russ T, it is good to see you joining in here more often.  Glad you seem to be enjoying being re-tired (I hope that's it), and seem to be in good shape.  You still in on the RCCSA, or has it gone by the wayside or merged with the Fernley club? Me, I have retired from CAS completely - can't walk a straight line, with or without my stick, and running or even hustling or uneven ground  is out of the question.

Just for the heads up, you all keep an eye on the classifieds; I am inventorying all of my guns and gear right now, and will be putting it up here and on the SASS Wire Classifieds sometime in the near future.  If you know anyone looking for something, I may have it; I have fifteen years of CAS collecting to get shut of.

Looks like some of you are catching some weather that whomped us here in the Desert Southwest a few days ago.  It only dumped a few inches, but the way it did it, it caused all sort of hate and discontent; washed out large parts of I-15 northeast of Las Vegas twice, a week apart, and almost completely destroyed parts of the town of Moapa.  Then, on Sunday, a bit of wet trundled through, and when the sun came up on Monday, there was snow on the Spring Mountains and Mount Charleston, and the Sheep Range north of the Valley.  Today, it is one of those days we don't like to talk about because folks will think we're crowing.

That's our status, in a nutshell; still kickin' and trying to take names.  Gonna go see if I can get into some kind of trouble.

Later.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #547 on: September 30, 2014, 09:56:02 PM »
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com