Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 01:51:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: Prayer Posse--Saddle Up!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayer Posse--Saddle Up!!  (Read 1964 times)
Ruff
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Born 100 Years Too Late

« on: August 08, 2014, 02:29:41 pm »

Howdy pards,

Just got a couple of emails/texts that I need your help with.

Tami my nurse friend was at work and stepped off the curb wrong when her client pulled away from her. She is currently at an urgent care with her ankle pointing sideways.

Jay just found out that his father has cancer, there is no word yet what kind or any details and he could use some comfort.

Thank you.

Ruff
SASS #16965, WASA #155, NCOWS #3636, GAF #304
GHSS CP-088, Oregon Trail Regulators (Nebraska) #7, Cracker Cow Cavalry
RO I & II
Double Barrel C's Land and Cattle Co.
Maud, OK
PJ Hardtack
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 02:58:09 pm »

"Lord, this day comfort all those that grieve and mourn and those suffering physical, emotional and spiritual pain of any kind."

This is a daily prayer for me, suggested to me by a wise person when things were going well for me and there was nothing I could ask for myself. It encompasses just about anyone we know.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne
Ruff
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Born 100 Years Too Late

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 05:04:53 pm »

Just heard from Tami, she is back at work with a soft cast. It is a bad sprain although she says there is a questionable spot. Whatever that means I am hoping it means that they will have someone review the xrays soon.

Ruff
SASS #16965, WASA #155, NCOWS #3636, GAF #304
GHSS CP-088, Oregon Trail Regulators (Nebraska) #7, Cracker Cow Cavalry
RO I & II
Double Barrel C's Land and Cattle Co.
Maud, OK
dwight55
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 07:42:16 pm »

Prayers upward bound.

May God bless,
Dwight

If you can breathe:  thank God

If you can read:  thank a teacher

If you can read this in English:  thank a Veteran
Silent Joe
The Netherlands
Top Active Citizen

Lady Lis and Me

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 12:37:20 pm »

Prayers Up for your friends, Ruff.

The Secret of Life is One Thing..........Just One Thing! (Curly in City Slickers)
Citizen of CAS City #203 * SASS L # 10461 * SBSS # 2064 DWSA # 120 * GAF Intern. #694* IPSAC #43 * Prayer Posse * WartHog * B.o.t.A. >>>------>*

PJ Hardtack
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 10:59:46 am »

Just occurred to me .... on what other gun forum would you meet grown men of faith who openly ask for prayers for themselves and others?

This says something of the nature of CAS people and perhaps our generation.

I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne
Silent Joe
The Netherlands
Top Active Citizen

Lady Lis and Me

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 12:37:31 pm »

You're right, PJH. This is Cas City.

The Secret of Life is One Thing..........Just One Thing! (Curly in City Slickers)
Citizen of CAS City #203 * SASS L # 10461 * SBSS # 2064 DWSA # 120 * GAF Intern. #694* IPSAC #43 * Prayer Posse * WartHog * B.o.t.A. >>>------>*

PJ Hardtack
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 01:59:47 pm »

I've known a few real Cowboys, one a very good poet. I asked him at a Cowboy Festival once why so may Cowboys (and Cowgirls) had such a spiritual bent. His answer:

"Well, when ya spend so much time alone out there under the sky, you'll go crazy if ya don't have a strong relationship with God. And if'n ya don't, when yer hangin' from yer spooked horse by one stirrup and a barbed wire fence is comin' up, yer about to develop one ....".

Amen to that!

Another Cowboy pal and very good CAS shooter is a brother in the 12 Steps. We both recently marked milestones of sobriety - him 13 years, me 28 as of today. We totally understand each other in a way we can't relate to others. I gave him a polished rock with the word "Gratitude" painted on it for his sobriety anniversary.

He looked at it, closed his eyes in silent prayer then thanked me, saying that it was gong in his pick up truck right now to be placed where he could see it every day.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: Prayer Posse--Saddle Up!! « previous next »
Jump to: