Author Topic: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens  (Read 131245 times)

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens
« Reply #400 on: August 25, 2014, 02:34:08 PM »
Happy Birth day Camille.
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #401 on: August 25, 2014, 05:12:19 PM »
Victoria and I had potted meat, cheese, and crackers for lunch. Supper is in question at this time. We had take-out grilled chicken salads for supper last night.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #402 on: August 25, 2014, 07:15:20 PM »
small salad , New York strip & sweet potato oven fries, and some garlic knots was supper ....

Pretty good day, shoulder not hurting to bad,  :-\ 
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #403 on: August 25, 2014, 09:16:27 PM »
The steak sounds good. I need to get a new propane bottle for my grill this weekend.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 124
« Reply #404 on: August 25, 2014, 10:03:39 PM »
Grilled some Pork chops and boiled some small potatoes with a glass of Apple juice, was real tasty,
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #405 on: August 25, 2014, 11:35:45 PM »
When it rains it pours.... :-\

Yesterday, at approximately 3:30pm, some dude with the wrong size trailer pin was driving up Oregon mountain on highway 299, when suddenly the trailer falls off.  The sparks from this started a fire that grew to 2 acres in under ten minutes.  By 7pm it was up to 200.  by 9pm, 650 acres.  at 8:30, we were under mandatory evacuation.  It's 98% contained right now, with three bucket choppers on stand by, along with DC-9 and DC-10 super-tankers. 

On the bright side, I got the truck working...
I've been reading, and I've found that the two things that can make it do this to this truck are the distributor and the fuel pump thingy.  So I was out there with a voltmeter looking for a short or something in the system, but I didn't find anything.  In frustration, I kicked the cab real real hard.  Later, my dad came out to move the truck so we could get the SUV out.  It roared to life, and we drove it yesterday and today without a problem.  The ole' boot fixed it again. ::)

Today, I was sent to the city alone for the first time.  Nerve-racking...  On the way back, I took a back road.  It was quite a bit rougher than I remembered from last year.  Longer too.  But, it was fun. ;)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #406 on: August 26, 2014, 03:46:03 AM »
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for the early risers this morning. I took 2 Advil gel caps for my hip while I was up making Cawffee. I'm letting them kick in before I go back to bed.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #407 on: August 26, 2014, 06:15:06 AM »
Well hell............. Didn't know Cammy had birthdays anymore. Thought that was only for old farts like me.

Happy Birthday a day late, ma'am.

Mornin', e'erbody else.

Temps creepin' back up. Been a pretty couple days tho. Ain't as much left as there has been.

Just a hunch, M2, ain't thinkin' blonde. Natural ennyways.

Daily errands include lookin' for .22s. Holdin' 'nuff for the September party. After that it's go keep score. Gotta get all this stuff done now cuz I don't get long weekends off no more.

Evenin' salads.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #408 on: August 26, 2014, 06:33:00 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

A good whack helps sometimes.

'Tis 62 and cloudy. "Partly cloudy. Isolated showers in the morning. Highs in the upper 70s. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #409 on: August 26, 2014, 06:39:23 AM »
Cool here this morning 68 to start day off
Mathew 5.9

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: August 26, 2014, 09:24:45 AM »
Temps not bad this morning, but the humidity is back up.

Heading to the of site pantry to stock up on supplies.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #411 on: August 26, 2014, 09:53:44 AM »
The yards need to be mowed this morning, before the humidity gets too bad.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #412 on: August 26, 2014, 12:24:43 PM »
This ole babe was sittin' it the dope pusher's place:

Small store had .22 target stuff reasonable. Not 'nuff hiney ta cycle the self-shuckers tho. Kinda werthless.

Fella at the counter next ta me was gettin' 'im a Rock Island '11 pattern pistol. $559.99 'On Sale' tag tied to it. Didn't think them things was that much.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #413 on: August 26, 2014, 12:36:19 PM »
I gave $300. for my Rock Island. I love that red 65 GTO. I am a Pontiac guy. I want a red 66 ragtop with white interior and the tri-power setup.

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #414 on: August 26, 2014, 01:02:04 PM »
Classic GTO!
I love the cars style of that time period, with power "muscle" or not!
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: August 26, 2014, 03:16:46 PM »
I had a 66 Gran Prix, an 86 Gran Prix, and a 91 Gran Prix.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: August 26, 2014, 03:26:25 PM »
That's a '65, I believe. Nice looking ride,Arcey ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #417 on: August 26, 2014, 03:56:56 PM »
+ 1 on the 65..note the rectangle grill inserts....

My Dad had the 64 389 Automatic but it was  sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.... 

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #418 on: August 26, 2014, 05:00:17 PM »
Muscles finest

The Rock islands got popular and tge prices have soared some. I only paid a bit more for my speingfield.
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #419 on: August 26, 2014, 08:55:12 PM »
I paid $425 for my RIA.

City was...the city, I guess.  It was hot, humid and kind of boring.  Plus, on the way back, I was stuck behind a Subaru that, on the strait places (and passing lanes, consequently) was going 65, and on the corners 30.  This was for 38 miles.  Blood pressure was a little high for that 45 minutes. ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com