Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 10:39:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Saddlebag Tales  |  ST Comments  |  Topic: Story notes - 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Story notes -  (Read 13266 times)
RobMancebo
Very Active Citizen

« on: July 31, 2014, 12:00:48 pm »

Hi, folks, 

I'm starting this to insert notes & comments about the on-going (un-named) story.    Just things that pop into my head about why I'm using a character the way I am or any questions folks have about it. 

Ummmm-  Lily Langtry.  Okay, Lily only would've been a tween at this point in history however, she's probably the only actress that folks would recognize in a Western so I used creative license to have them mention her.  It's not historically accurate, but then neither are 99% of the bio-pics folks pay to see on the big screen either. (compare a quick reading of Judge Roy Bean's life with either movie 'Judge Roy Bean' or 'The Westerner')  It beats the heck out of boring folks by relating the background of various late 1860's actresses and why the character might moon over a certain one. 

Chigger-  Historically, there were lots of thieves and murders wandering after the war, but this little pest's character is completely inspired by the screen work of Struther Martin  who could grumble, moan, and huff equally well playing the Boss or a member of the down-trodden masses.  More vermin than predator, he is completely amoral.  Chigger's only idea is survival.  Any dreams of bettering himself in life have been squeezed out of him by war and privation.  Maybe we'll see him polish back up into a man throughout the story, but for now, he's pride-less, bottom-feeding scum left sticking to the pan of Texas after the fires of war have passed.

RobMancebo
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 02:00:10 pm »

Sorry for the hold-up.  'puter died last week Angry.  I should be up and running soon. 

Rob
Shawnee McGrutt
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 10:26:52 am »

Glad to know, I look everyday for the next installment.
Shawnee

National Congress of Old West Shootists 3633
Single Action Shooting Society 88462
Society of Remington Revolver Shooters
The Sublyme and Holy Order of the Soot
"I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question." - Yogi Berra
RobMancebo
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 03:42:00 pm »

I'm glad you're enjoying it   Smiley.    New hard drive was installed last weekend, but it caused a cascade of other little glitches.  Hopefully it will be ready tomorrow as I'm filling up a lot of pads with longhand writing that I'm going to have to transpose to a computer before it will do me any good. 

-  If you're short on western readin' material,  Born To Trouble was released last fall and is available at amazon  - http://www.amazon.com/Rob-Mancebo/e/B00AETVN6M/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=undefined&sr=8-1 

Rob
RobMancebo
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 03:00:38 pm »

Sorry to draaag this out, Folks.  I posted the rest of the story.   It's been a little manic around here.  I finally got the computer fixed, finished my next novel,  'Raiding Mexico', and bought a house.  Mostly I've been spending time on reconstructing the house.  Well, that and driving back & forth as it's sixty miles away and I'm still working in Salt Lake City.  Anyway, I wanted to get this piece finished before the end of the year (I hate to leave folks hanging).  Hope everyone enjoys it.

Merry Christmas

Rob
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Saddlebag Tales  |  ST Comments  |  Topic: Story notes - « previous next »
Jump to: