Author Topic: How many mags are required to deal with most Wild Bunch scenarios?  (Read 5128 times)

Gentlemen,

Okay, I’ve found a supplier for my magazines as well as my 1911 holster, belt, and mag pouches.  Now all I need to know is how many I will need so I can order enough.

I’ve never shot Wild Bunch so am not sure about the various courses of fire.  What’s the most mags I am likely to require?  If I get 3 double mag pouches and 6 mags is that enough for any stage I’m likely to encounter?  Or am I going to need 4 double pouches and 8 mags?

Thanks

Offline kingsnake

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How many mags are required to deal with most Wild Bunch scenarios?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 01:57:17 PM »
Here in Arizona we frequently shoot a stage with 30 pistol rounds. That means 6 mags. If you have a problem of some kind, like dropping a mag while moving, you may need another mag. So I always take 7 to the loading table. One for the pistol and 6 to use as needed. You can pick up a dropped mag, but I don't if it's on the ground. If dropped on a shelf, you bet I'll pick it up.
Anyhow, I recommend having at least 7. You can carry the 7th one to the loading table in a pocket and have 6 in pouches.
Hope that helps.

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 03:07:55 PM »
Thanks Kingsnake.  I'll order 3 double pouches for my rig and 8 mags.  That gives me 6 mags on my belt, 1 in my pocket, and a spare in the cart.

Thanks again for the advice yesterday.  I contacted Tripp and they said they can ship to me, so I"m ordering the mags you recommended.

Advertising

Offline kingsnake

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 04:12:59 PM »
Good for you Frank. I'm sure you'll be pleased.
Hope we can shoot Wild Bunch together sometime. Maybe Winter Range?

Offline Dusty Boddams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 04:21:15 PM »
 ;D king snake , spot on as always with good solid advice. I have a dozen trips now for
Competions . All other makes are used for practice etc. I'm like you always helping with the stages so I keep
The extras loaded just for mag management. I always carry 8 mags and take the hardest to reach for my pistol at the loading
Table. Usually we don't shoot over 30 pistol either.   Dusty Boddams

Offline Garand

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 10:46:03 PM »
After the first time I shot Wild Bunch at Cowtown, I went out and bought 9 mags from Tripp Research.
SASS # 93688
aka Dapper Dynamite Dick

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 12:31:47 PM »
I ordered 8 and they are on the way.  Aaron and Betty were super nice people to deal with.  Just waiting for the post office to get them here!   :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com