Author Topic: We need a user-friendly GAF Calendar  (Read 2919 times)

Offline G.W. Strong

• Grand Army of the Frontier, (Bvt.) Colonel, Commander of the Department of the Missouri
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • GAF, Department of the Missouri
    • Talbot's Fine Accessories
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
We need a user-friendly GAF Calendar
« on: July 21, 2014, 07:12:12 PM »
I would love us to have an active virtual calendar so we can put all of our events on it. I know there is an Iowa and a Missouri Muster coming up this year but I do not know the exact dates or locations. I know about The next Illinois Muster but others may not. I am open to ideas. In the meantime here are some details of upcoming events in Illinois.

GAF Illinois Muster #2 for 2014 Good Guys Posse, Rockford, IL Sunday, August  31st. (corrected)

Tentative:
GAF Illinois Muster 2015 Good Guys Posse, Rockford, IL Sunday, May 31st

GAF Department of the Missouri Muster 2015 Good Guys Posse, (Or other location) Sunday, August 30th.

All dates subject to change.
George Washington "Hopalong" Strong
Grand Army of the Frontier #774, (Bvt.) Colonel commanding the Department of the Missouri.
SASS #91251
Good Guy's Posse & Bristol Plains Pistoleros
NCOWS #3477
Sweetwater Regulators

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: We need a user-friendly GAF Calendar
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 09:30:07 PM »
I think the range where the Iowa Muster was held at was lost to them, I believe it was the same one that was mentioned recently in the NCOWS forum.

The Division of Missouri Muster is held in conjunction with the C.O.W.S. Annual Match, the Hanging Tree Shootout, on the third Sunday in October.

Offline G.W. Strong

• Grand Army of the Frontier, (Bvt.) Colonel, Commander of the Department of the Missouri
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 03:55:53 PM »
Here is what I just heard about the Iowa muster.

There is a cowboy shoot based on the buffalo hunting era Aug. 9th and then the GAF Iowa shoot the next day (Aug 10th) both at Colfax Iowa
Grand Army of the Frontier #774, (Bvt.) Colonel commanding the Department of the Missouri.
SASS #91251
NCOWS #3477
Sweetwater Regulators

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:00:27 PM »

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 08:14:19 PM »
Does the Colfax outfit have a website?  That would be a good weekend for me, I shot with one of the Iowa outfits last year and had a good time!  Oh yes, that's the Phoenix Irregular Guard, good folks. http://www.goddardcowboys.com/PhoenixIrregularGuard.html
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Ol Gabe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 09:32:29 AM »
Well, Boy Howdy!
The Colfax range is primo! Not fancy, not loaded down with a lot of false-front stuff, just a great place to have fun with our hobby.
As the website explains, the members all, mostly, come from NCOWS or SASS Posses that broke up or dissolved for whatever reason, loss of range, etc. This happens over time and is not unusual in this day and age. What is positive about the whole thing is that this group of fellow CAS/WAS guys & gals got together as a whole and solved the problem in what some would call 'The American Way', in other words they grabbed their collective boot straps and pulled them up and created a place to have fun with the hobby and garner fellowship in the process.
They may not post here much but I'm here to tell ya'll, they are one of the the best bunch of folks you'll ever get together with! Len, Dusty Tagalon, a hospital techie and my friend & Pard Lyle who works his butt off every day with Veterans are all buying their way into Heaven, as are the rest of the Posse down there. THIS is the Cowboy way!
If you get a chance, attend a match, you'll have a great time and be welcomed!
Best regards and good shooting!
'Ol Gabe

Offline Sam Perfye

• Top Active Citizen
  • Al Weaver
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 08:56:08 PM »
To All, G.W. is right on the dates. Drydock has listed the correct link. The range offers free dry camping on site. As Ol Gabe stated we're not a big fancy range but we try to provide a fun shoot. The Iowa muster is run as a no-miss match, round count determined by how well you shoot. 75 rifle and 30 pistol are usually enough. Cold steel of some type will be used on at least one stage. Let me know if you have any other questions. Al
Raise the Black Flag and ride hard boys, Our cause is just and our enemies our many.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 09:34:33 PM »
Was looking at the web page-from the pic from the 2013 Muster, looks like if I brought a Lebel, I wouldn't be the first, looked like one of the guys standing in the back is holding one.

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 08:21:18 PM »
Planning on heading up to Colfax this weekend.   ;D
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline G.W. Strong

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 08:52:32 PM »
I wish I could. We have Tae Kwon Do belt testing for both the kids. At this level it takes 3 days to test. They are testing for black belt, first degree, third point.
SASS #91251
NCOWS #3477
Sweetwater Regulators

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com