Author Topic: The April Coffee 'n Tea Thing - No Foolin'  (Read 101910 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The April Coffee 'n Tea Thing - No Foolin'
« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2014, 11:32:02 AM »
Hard ta adjust when yer used ta havin’ a quiet house ‘til ‘bout 1530.

Ennyways……

Fun time shootin’ with the younguns. Tim’s strong ‘n athletic with good eyes. Guess it figgers for a gym teacher. With some werk the boy could be right good.

The shop’s new paint job's kinda different. This is the south side. The north side still looks like Bob’s.

‘Artist’ sez he’s inspired by WWII dazzle paint. Seen WWII dazzle paint freah done on the North Carolina. Didn’t have no l’il androids er robots or whatever on it. But, that’s the arts district, or NoBra (No rth of Bra mbleton Ave.). Owner wants it I’ll fight for ‘im ta do it. He’s been, ‘n still is, good to me.

‘Side’s that, he hadda couple cans of Trail Boss in there that’s now in here. Had some the new CFE Pistol too but I wanna talk ta someone what's tried it face ta face first.

Off ta the drudgery of housewife werk.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: April 17, 2014, 12:06:11 PM »
Do not get dishpan hands or housewives knees!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: April 17, 2014, 02:23:29 PM »
That side ofd the shop hurts my eyes,Arcey. Too busy for my taste. ::)

We off-loaded 36 boxes of 4 gal. each of chlorine today. Had to, don't have a fork lift here ::) :o Picked up trash around the park and resturdied the painted sign out by the road. Just got back from Wally's, had to pick stuff up for SWMBO. On the way out, the truck with the skirting that didn't show last week came in. Helped the boss get it off-loaded and stored before I left the park ::)

61 and sun at the moment.
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Advertising

« Reply #223 on: Today at 04:57:40 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: April 18, 2014, 01:01:10 AM »
I went by Taco Bell for lunch, so I really was not too hungry for supper. I fixed a grilled cheese and some tomato soup for supper.  The Moose has school today, a snow day makeup. I gotta go to Walmart for some medicines.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #224 on: April 18, 2014, 07:25:10 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 26 and sunny. High of 51.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #225 on: April 18, 2014, 07:53:34 AM »
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #226 on: April 18, 2014, 08:16:05 AM »
A natural born burglar…….

Mornin’.

Feels like fifty sumthin’ ‘cuz it is. Cloudy.

Done been to the off site. Doin’ turkey noodle soup ‘n needed the parts. Prolly do chef salads tomorrow w/ turkey. Gotta lot ah turkey.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #227 on: April 19, 2014, 04:59:47 AM »
In Iowa this morning the coffee pot is small but i'm skinnin' in a few minutes. Ya'll be safe!
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: April 19, 2014, 05:28:31 AM »
Thanks Roo, I will make a big pot of Cawffee and hot water this morning. I guess that you and I are the only ones up right now.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #229 on: April 19, 2014, 06:31:34 AM »
I'm up and today is my B' day, official senior as of today .... 

going to the gun shop...
I have project in the works and checking on it's progress....

Jim ...I'm Having lunch with John  ...no clue what yet ... 
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: April 19, 2014, 07:07:10 AM »
Mornin’.

Happy b’day ‘n happy motorin’.

Lookin’ at rain ‘n mid fifties.

Got me a new knife yestitty. Fat lady’s cantaloupe didn’t stand a prayer. After an apple was disassembled there weren’t nuttin’ else ta cut. Washed it ‘n put it away. After all that, got a hell of a paper cut breakin’ down a box ta throw in the recycle bin.

Reckon I’ll spend the day loadin’ 38s.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: April 19, 2014, 07:49:55 AM »
I'm up too, got some pancakes to go with the coffee already made.(oops, burned a couple, don't take those, they're for the dog now...)

Beautiful spring morning here, almost 50, sunshine, some turkeys wandering around the field across the road. It's their season, but as long as people use a shotgun, they're pretty safe out in that big field.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: April 19, 2014, 08:36:19 AM »
Happy Birthday to you my Brother, Enjoy your lunch with John today. Tell him HI for me. The temp is a balmy 57 degrees this morning. We sorta slept in this morning. Victoria is lying in her backyard, enjoying the cool temps.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: April 19, 2014, 10:50:38 AM »
Mornin'. Overslept & then laid in bed a long time. Finally had to get up & take the poison.

Safe travels. Happy birthday.

Think I'll stay indoors. Wind's nasty out there.

Loadin' .38s sounds like a good indoor activity. I'm set up .44s right now & can always use more of them too.

You all have a good day & a happy Easter in case I don't make it back before then.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #234 on: April 19, 2014, 11:50:05 AM »
Thank you,  fellas.... I reached FULL retirement age.... and put in for my SS....
The good news is I plan to keep working, most of what I do is  conceive , design  & supervise , also I don't punch a clock.
So I'm pretty much in a Happy place work wise.
I figure I'll stay put a few more, because I enjoy it.

Whet and treated myself to a Cuban Sandwich , with my pard Capt'n John.... suppose I should write some stages for the NCOWS shoot on the 3rd.

also a nap seems in order  :)

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: April 19, 2014, 12:27:27 PM »
'Morning, folks, cawfee is good, thanks.

I slept in, too, by most folks standards, anyhow; for me, it's just "catchin' a few hours, bein' the night owl that I am.  Although, I did hit the hay early last night, in the sack a bit after midnight.

The last few days have been exertive (did I just invent a new word?) and sort of tiring for my broke back.  Wrestled nine boxes of books, total weight of about three eighths od a ton out of storage and loaded them into the p'kup, and drove them a couple hunnert miles to my Bro's place, used to be my folks house, and the place I grew up; then I untrucked them, and hauled them into the house.  Whew.

Since Miss Bella is out of school this week, I dragged her along to show her what traveling across the Mojave Desert was like in the old days, like fifty or sixty years ago - there are no (by today's standards) major highways between here, Las Vegas, and there, Twentynine Palms, California, just two lane, follow the terrain country roads through a lot of wide open, no civilization, desert.  I gave her the grand tour of the town - it has changed a lot compared to what it was back in the fifties, but it is still just a dusty, run down desert town of about four or five thousand souls, if you take the Marines out, as they are the main source of population and the only reason the town continues to exist today.  Bella was duly unimpressed; with everything except the accommodations at the motel we stayed at.  I thought she might like to see the London Bridge at Lake Havasu on the Colorado River on the way home, so I made the loop east, and then north back to Las Vegas, but she got bored about the time we hit the river, and laid the seat back and went to sleep; so I drove the remaining hunnert and fifty miles home alone.  Oh, well.  I am an inveterate wanderer, so I enjoyed the trip, regardless.  I sure am not up to that sort of wandering and weight lifting anymore, though; my poor ol' broken body hurt pretty good last night.

Gottta get on with things this morning; going back to California the middle of next week for a few days in The OC - Orange County, south of Los Angeles.  One of our Daughters in law is receiving an award for Teacher of the Year in the Capistrano Unified School District, and Grandson Kathan, who earned his Eagle Scout rank last August is being feted, along with all of the other boys who have earned theirs in the last year in the Orange County Council, at a banquet in their honor.  So, a couple of days of special events, then back home to our lazy retired life - not.

Later.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #236 on: April 19, 2014, 01:33:23 PM »
Afternoon y'all.

Happy birthday, Major 2.

I've been out clearing brush from the fence line. Taking a break for lunch.

'Tis 55 and sunny. High of 64.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #237 on: April 19, 2014, 01:57:16 PM »
Good afternoon, all.  I'll take few cups of coffee....

Got home from a week long trip to Yosemite at 2230 last night.  It was okay.  the first camp we stayed at had 2500 other people there.  I think that about 30% of those spoke English...the other 70% spoke various Asian dialects.  I could have sworn I saw all of them taking pictures of the buffalo in Yellowstone.. ::)
The Instructor for my group (named "Who?"  )  was a pretty cool guy.  He took us up to "OMG point," on the Yosemite Falls, and to several  not-open-to-the-public  Sequoia trees in the Mariposa grove.  All in all a pretty god trip.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: April 19, 2014, 03:23:34 PM »
I made some chicken nachos and hot sauce for lunch today. Supper is a question mark. Moose is making a food run for our Easter Meal tomorrow. I am watching some baseball on TV, the Tigers just beat the Angels. It is nice and sunny today.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #239 on: April 19, 2014, 06:30:26 PM »
Busy day College rodeo in town, made me feel good, several of them told me good by they were graduating but they'd stop by if they made it to town someday.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com