Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2017, 11:36:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  STORM (Moderators: RRio, Major 2)  |  Topic: colt 1860 army type 1 richards conversion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: colt 1860 army type 1 richards conversion  (Read 9560 times)
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2017, 07:55:10 pm »

Most Excellent!!

Coffinmaker
Blackpowder Burn
Top Active Citizen

Smoke & Lightning

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2017, 10:37:29 pm »

Much fun you are destined to have!  Grin

SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes
Crow Choker
Top Active Citizen

River Banker Extraordinaire

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2017, 12:35:05 pm »

Satchmo: You and Buckskin both have nice lookin hoglegs. Wish Uberti made the original or Type I Richards for sale. They wouldn't be as nice as far as the work Jay does, but would like one to add to my other Uberti copies of the OT, Richards II, and RM conversion. I'm to 'cheap' I guess to have Jay do one, my others are nice, had to do all the necessary after purchase tinkerin to get them right. Anyway, as Coffinmaker offered to Buckskin Bill, if you don't have time to shoot it or your afraid it might sit and collect to much dust, I'll break it in for ya for a couple of years and return it to you without a scratch or ding, even toss in a bag of beef jerky for ya to enjoy. Grin       
 Crow Choker

Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo
satchmo
Citizen

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2017, 04:31:05 pm »

Crow Choker, I would also like to see Uberti replicate this gun.  Seems like they are already halfway there with the Type II that they've been making for several years. 

I think there would be a market even if they had to double the price of the Type II.  Would put it in the same ballpark as their Schofield.

I wonder if they could sell it at a profit at that price point?..., and would there be enough demand to justify production?

Satchmo
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2017, 09:25:43 pm »

Actually, I'm not Crow Choker, nor did I stay at a Holliday Inn Express (that I admit) and not only that, our Holliday Inn was sold to Park Hotels so we don't even have a Holliday Inn anymore.  Anyway:

NO.  Uberti isn't going to introduce a Richards Conversion.  There isn't really a market for the Richards.  Of course there will be a few who just absolutely have to have a Richards, but just a few.  Not enough demand to to amortize production cost.  Even within CAS, Conversions are a niche market.

While there are some enough of us Loons to keep Kirst in production, there just aren't enough of us to interest Uberti.  they have to make a lot of guns for amortization and I seriously doubt Taylors nor Cimarron are willing to take a bath.

Coffinmaker
Long Johns Wolf
Top Active Citizen

"Centaures will make you become addicted"

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2017, 02:48:16 am »

Much to my regret I have to agree with Coffinmaker that Uberti is not going even for a small scale production of a Richards.
The market is just too small.
But may be just may be Mike Harvey can sweet talk Uberti into making a kit to transform an R2 into an R1 ... if some smiths out there would then do the actual transformation job.
Long Johns Wolf

BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS
Crow Choker
Top Active Citizen

River Banker Extraordinaire

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2017, 10:04:04 am »

Agree with Coffinmaker and Long John Wolf in that Uberti will never make any production runs of the original Richards model. In my post I stated that "Wish Uberti made the original or Type I Richards". Happy they produced the Richards II. If a long term spike in the shooting public that would buy them to make it profitable, then "maybe", but I'm not reserving a spot for one in my gun safe for now. Sometime ago this topic came up and cold water was tossed on it then. Sad

Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  STORM (Moderators: RRio, Major 2)  |  Topic: colt 1860 army type 1 richards conversion « previous next »
Jump to: