Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 03:36:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: Your ivory handled pistols and knives may soon be illegal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your ivory handled pistols and knives may soon be illegal  (Read 13975 times)
PJ Hardtack
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2014, 07:07:04 pm »

C'mon, guys - the 'Safety Nazis' the bureaucrats and politicians KNOW what's best for us - and the elephants.

'Splains the current state of affairs in our respective countries. We are all sliding towards totalitarian 'police states'. If you don't think so, please enlighten me as to why not.

Read t'other day that if you live and work in the city of London, you are on a surveillance camera at least 300 times daily. George Orwell would not be surprised.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne
Mean Bob Mean
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2014, 07:15:20 pm »

C'mon, guys - the 'Safety Nazis' the bureaucrats and politicians KNOW what's best for us - and the elephants.

'Splains the current state of affairs in our respective countries. We are all sliding towards totalitarian 'police states'. If you don't think so, please enlighten me as to why not.

Read t'other day that if you live and work in the city of London, you are on a surveillance camera at least 300 times. George Orwell would not be surprised.

Fear will cause people to allow their freedoms to be constrained, which is really a very, very bad idea.  

London is in fact the most observed City on the planet.  If some of you ugly mugs went there perhaps they would turn off the cameras and shout "enough!"  

What what?

"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger
GunClick Rick
Top Active Citizen

May your moccasins walk the way of peace

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2014, 09:07:41 pm »

Bob your stash is crooked,take a little more off the left side,yes i can see you Grin Cool Cheesy

May your lodges hold much tatanka~
GunClick Rick
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2014, 09:12:06 pm »

LOL~~~ Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/2014/03/22/elephants-escape-moolah-shrine-circus-family-arena-st-charles/6748869/

Ban elephants!

GunClick Rick
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2014, 04:39:28 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oZo38CWl5Vs[/youtube]

bowiemaker
Maker of sharp pointy things
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2014, 10:41:23 pm »

UPDATE:

On Thursday March 20, 2014 a meeting of the task force trying to ban all sales of ivory was held in Washington DC. About 27 people stood up to make statements and only about 8 were in favor of the ban. There were statements from 3 antiques people , cane collectors, Scrimshanders, musical instruments, orchestra, a knife maker and knife rights people among others. Some of the committee members clearly had not considered the wide ranging impact of this ban which. as proposed, would elevate the sale of ivory to a felony with 5 year prison sentences. Representatives of musical instrument dealers, orchestras, auctioneers, antique  collectors, knife dealers and scrimshaw artists stood up and told the Council the Draconian impact that the ban would have on their lives without saving a single African elephant. 

The real problem is the poachers in Africa and the huge ivory black market in China but since they don't know how to combat the real problem they want to punish law abiding American citizens. The proposed ban is being championed in the senate by chief gun grabber Sen. Diane Feinstien.

We really do need to make the time and effort to combat another poorly conceived government intrusion. The timing of new rules is not yet clear.  There will be something published in the next few weeks addressing CITES that possibly could include revocation of an existing special rule under the Environmental Species Act.  This could set up a legal framework prohibiting interstate trade of ivory.  They said to expect a 30 day comment period on that rule.

The “final rule” should come out in June, after which there will be a comment period.  We specifically asked that these rules not be issued as “interim final rules” which would go into effect immediately, and instead asked that any rules published be subject to comment before they can be enforced.  I think we have a good chance of getting this because of the wide ranging concerns raised, but nothing is guaranteed.

What we need to do

1.      Call your Congressman and Senators TODAY! Activist groups are already lobbying Congressmen heavily, and they are totally misrepresenting what the regulations and legal changes will do to you.  You need to inform them about what the proposed changes in the law will do to you, your collections, your businesses, and your families.  The message is simple – We all want to stop elephant poaching, but these laws punish innocent Americans, not elephant poachers or illegal traders in Asia.

2.      Call your trade organizations and make sure they are representing you.  Groups like the NRA, AARP, collectors associations, professional associations, knife clubs, gun clubs, industry lobbying groups – all of them need to hear from you and be educated about the severity of this threat.  These calls have a multiplier effect when they lead back to law makers, and they are starting to get people’s attention!

3.      Spread the word on social media. Use Facebook, Twitter, e-mail lists, internet forums, and all the ways you communicate people to spread the word about what the government is doing and why the Domestic Ivory Ban is a very bad idea.

NCOWS #3405   RATS #612
GunClick Rick
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2014, 09:44:59 am »

That filthy ugly piece of crap Fienstien must get up every morning and think what can i do to pi$$ of the people today!I mean really they are as wothless as a tick on a turnip,we have some really serious stuff going on in Ca. number one being they really need to fix the San Juaquin river,i hope that thing breaks up and washes them all out to sea~Let me tell ya,keep your eye on China,cuase they sure got thier eyes on us,i'll garuntee ya that and Fienstine and Boxer in my opinion will take it where they can get it.One thing they want is all of Ca. and where i am we are in thier way!They will confiscate ours and sell it to China and China wants to do alot of things in Ca. They want to build a high speed rail here...I call it the labor train,goes to Mexico,load up,brings them to work here,takes em back <==================>

PJ Hardtack
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2014, 05:41:34 pm »

Kalifornia has been a laughing stock and lost cause for years, the kingdom of the left wing nuts. If anything zany is going to be legislated, it is mandatory that it first be done in the Golden State.

I mean, how can you take it seriously when it elects Ahnold as Governator? That is really off the wall since he made so much money using and misusing guns in Hollywood movies.

I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne
GunClick Rick
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2014, 07:04:26 pm »

I love the state hate the polititicians! Wait till Awnold runs for pres Shocked You should start seeing more of him any day now!

Deadeye Don
SASS # 76281
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

DeadeyeDon

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2014, 09:22:24 am »

You do know Arnold can't be President, right?

Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company
John Smith
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2014, 09:34:08 am »

Why not, Obama was elected?
GunClick Rick
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2014, 09:40:51 am »

Yaw,but he don't~

Mogorilla
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2014, 02:49:19 pm »

What is wrong with importing exotic woods is often the pests that are brought in.   Used to be in this country, if you used Cyprus beams in your house, you were safe from termite problems on your frame.  north American termites do not touch Cyprus.   With imports came african termites.  They eat it all. 
Now, as to Ivory, poachers should be shot.  I would use a grip made from poachers teeth with pride.  There are enough good synthetics that real "new" ivory is not needed.   I have some ~120 year old piano keys, I see that no one should have issues with those.  The ban won't work because all countries won't agree.   Same with Whaling.  Still plenty of groups that continue to hunt whales.   Our "ally" Japan continues to run "scientific testing" by whaling.  Somehow part of the test is to sell the meat in country.  Humans as whole will never learn that hunting an animal to extinction is illogical.  At least until Aliens arrive and decide it is open season on us.

Oh well, that is enough preaching for me.  Sorry for my rant. 

NCOWS #3297
GunClick Rick
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2014, 04:45:01 pm »

I believe as far as whales it's sperm whales,i have a picture of my dog but they can't have that either,it belongs to ME! Any ivory wood or whatever i got,i got it legally,i still shoot lead too and i love condors and the polar bears are doin just fine. Wink

Blair
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2014, 06:01:34 pm »

GC R,

And how can you prove it legally?  (beyond offering up info to an agency that has no power 'Legally', or 'Authorized'  to collect or gather it from the population.
The original import restrictions of New (killed) Ivory 1989 (I think). This is the first date based on legitimizing Ivory imports. New or Old Ivory.
Prior to that date, there is no way one can document or legitimize Ivory imports.
My best,
Blair

A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21
PJ Hardtack
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2014, 07:00:05 pm »

I was once shown and handled a Colt SAA fitted with what I presumed to be ivory grips. No, they were wonderfully crafted from moose antler! They had that luxurious look and feel to them.

I used to hunt an area where you could easily pick up all the shed deer antlers you wanted to carry. Told a pal who had a disabled brother with a paying hobby of making buttons from antlers. He had me collect as many as I could before the squirrels got to them.

GunClick Rick
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2014, 10:01:13 pm »

Ivory handled knife?Look like mastadon?

Nope Moose antler,made by Ned Buckshot.I found the moose antler at a thrift shop and gave Ned most of it for makin the knife

See that little otter back there,walrus,found it for 5.00 last i saw they sale for 100.00 or more it's signed on the bottom aninaryou

Camille Eonich
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2014, 07:54:48 am »

Please stay on topic which is the banning of ivory.  Some of you have already crossed over to the subject of politics in general which we don't do here anymore.

Thank you.

“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood
PJ Hardtack
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2014, 11:24:25 am »

I thought that banning of ivory was a political issue?

When is it going to occur to some people that EVERY such issue comes back to the same thing - POLITICS !!!  It is germane to the discussion due to the common use of ivory in both historical and current firearms, knives and paraphernalia.

I know women with ivory jewelry, both modern and historic. To my knowledge, no elephants were specifically killed as a source of material for these items. With the cost of ivory, I think it quite likely that small items were made from scraps of otherwise wasted material.

GunClick Rick
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2014, 01:02:00 pm »

Yea elk have ivory too,they make fine jewelry from them,i have some coming from my hunter bro in law gonna have a ring made.Guess i better go down and register my native heritage,so i can be in the clear..

Cliff Fendley
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2014, 12:07:17 pm »

The whole thing IS a political issue. When laws and rules are made government/politics are involved, its Kalifornia liberals lovely Diane Feinstien that is championing this deal. The same person that would love to ban ALL of your guns, not just ones with ivory handles.

The people making these rules are simply too ignorant and uncaring as to how this effects people in so many areas.

Vince Gil has even expressed concern as to how this will effect ones like him touring with his classic Martin guitars which contain ivory parts.

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers
GunClick Rick
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2014, 02:43:06 pm »

I RECKON SO~ Undecided

willy
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2014, 11:43:25 pm »

If you can't sell or buy it.
Can you give it away?
Because you might find a nice gun that is way over priced ,,,,,,but you get a pair of ivory grips thrown in for free with the purchace of the gun Wink
GunClick Rick
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2014, 09:57:49 pm »

Let's go to Nevada and join the Bundy Brigade!Born in the desert and if i have to i'll die in the desert!

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2014, 03:02:41 pm »

A complete ban on all ivory products in the United States is being railroaded through by the US Fish & Wildlife Service that would render all items containing ivory illegal to purchase or sell in the U.S. This would include pistol grips, knives, cue balls, piano keys, jewelry, furniture with ivory inlays, artwork, anything and everything containing ivory. This proposed ban is being rushed through with little public knowledge or input.

Details here: http://www.knifeworld.com/ivoryban.html

This is even more NUTS... Shocked

http://news.yahoo.com/teens-bagpipes-seized-us-border-over-ivory-175653331.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: Your ivory handled pistols and knives may soon be illegal « previous next »
Jump to: