Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2017, 04:14:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Greetings from a casual target shooter with an Uberti on order 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greetings from a casual target shooter with an Uberti on order  (Read 586 times)
LarryS
Citizen

« on: January 08, 2014, 04:39:03 pm »

Greetings from a casual target shooter …

First some background information to bring things up to ‘where I am now.’  In 1964, the first clue that I am really old, I purchased a Browning .22LR Nomad pistol (new at $49.95 plus tax); the reason was some weekend target shooting out on my first wife’s parent’s farm just outside of Johnstown Pennsylvania.  After a few years we moved  to Connecticut and the Browning got put away in a drawer.  At a future point she also put me away in a drawer, aka divorce.

About a year ago my oldest son joined a range and brought me along as a guest so the Browning came out of the drawer after almost 50 years.  I found that I missed shooting and with times changing and the Browning a bit big to act as a carry, plus inadequate for carry at only .22LR, I decided to take all the safety classes and get all the proper permits and joined a range.  I then added a Ruger LCP 380 but knew I needed more target guns. 

As I said ‘times are changing’ and my second wife liked the Browning but hated the LCP; she wanted something in a nice rifle so I added a Ruger 10/22 Compact.  The Compact had too short a reach for me and with everything being a semi-automatic, I next added a Lever Action  Henry Golden Boy .22 with a Malcom 6X scope (a Malcom because the scope ‘just looked right').   A nice start of a collection but no revolver, so next came a Charter Arms Pathfinder .22  which made things a bit heavy on .22 but my wife likes this caliber.  Since I like handguns best but wanted another revolver that was something quite different and not another .22LR,  I now have an Uberti Buntline .357 Mag on order. The Uberti brought me to the Cowboy Forums mostly to listen and learn and not to talk (except for this bit now).

So Ladies and Gentlemen that is how I got here and I have begun to listen … and will generally stay somewhat quiet.

Larry Senner
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 09:11:37 pm »

Welcome to the fire, Larry.  I will warn you, though.  Keep an eye on that Uberti, 'cause it'll reproduce itself, and before you know it, you will have eight or nine... Roll Eyes

Don't hesitate to ask questions here.  This is a gold mine of information.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 11:15:08 pm »

Welcome to CAS City.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Greetings from a casual target shooter with an Uberti on order « previous next »
Jump to: