Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 04:17:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Greeting from Virginia 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greeting from Virginia  (Read 1647 times)
jimbobborg
Top Active Citizen

« on: December 29, 2013, 10:28:07 pm »

Good evening.  My name is Jim, I like long walks on the beach, candle lit dinners, and Magpul products  Cheesy .  I've been semi-active in a couple of different shooting disciplines (IDPA, 3-Gun), and I'm looking to branch out into CAS.  I recently purchased a pair of single-action revolvers with holsters, and since I have a lever gun (Win 94 in .45 Colt) and a SxS (free shotgun from a friend, Spanish made in the 1960s), I believe I'm somewhat set for the hardware part.  I don't have the outfit yet, but I do have the hat and boots.  There appear to be quite a few matches in my area.  I remember my last 3-Gun match at Peacemaker National Training Center, they ran the CAS match right next to it, but I can't find any mention on their web sites for any matches in 2014.  Anyway, I figured I'd say howdy here and test the waters.  Happy shooting.
Marshal Halloway
Editor & Webmaster of Cas City.
City Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Don't squat with your spurs on. Have fun shootin'.

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 10:54:20 pm »

Welcome to the CAScity forum.

Look up http://www.sassnet.com/clubs/Clubs_list.php?state=West%20Virginia and look for clubs in your area with contact info.

Marshal Halloway
Silent Joe
The Netherlands
Top Active Citizen

Lady Lis and Me

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 11:46:55 am »

Welcome in Town, Pard. Look around and enjoy your time in here.  Cheesy

The Secret of Life is One Thing..........Just One Thing! (Curly in City Slickers)
Citizen of CAS City #203 * SASS L # 10461 * SBSS # 2064 DWSA # 120 * GAF Intern. #694* IPSAC #43 * Prayer Posse * WartHog * B.o.t.A. >>>------>*

Shawnee McGrutt
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 06:48:22 pm »

Jim,  thought I was on Match.com  at first.   Roll Eyes.  Hope you were  having some fun with us.  But if you weren't , my horse loves long walks on the beach  and candle light  with her oats.  Welcome.   Shawnee

National Congress of Old West Shootists 3633
Single Action Shooting Society 88462
Society of Remington Revolver Shooters
The Sublyme and Holy Order of the Soot
"I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question." - Yogi Berra
Gus Walker
Top Active Citizen

The sunny slopes of long ago.

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 08:14:21 pm »

Grin  Well howdy fellow Virginian. Your goin like it round here.

Aye its been quite a ride aint it?
jimbobborg
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 08:32:48 pm »

Jim,  thought I was on Match.com  at first.   Roll Eyes.  Hope you were  having some fun with us.  But if you weren't , my horse loves long walks on the beach  and candle light  with her oats.  Welcome.   Shawnee

That's one of my lines for when I'm joining a new shooting forum  Grin  I try to keep folks on their toes. 

And Gus, thanks.  This place is a little less intense than some of the other forums I'm on.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 12:26:57 am »

Welcome to CAS City.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
jimbobborg
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 09:38:03 pm »

I'm going to a match on February 4th.  I have 250 lead bullets coming in from Midway, now I need some Trail Boss and a belt.  I don't think they'd take to kindly to my 3-gun rig  Cheesy  Maybe the shell holder belt I have will work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Greeting from Virginia « previous next »
Jump to: