Author Topic: End of lead bullet production  (Read 3559 times)

Offline leverman

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
End of lead bullet production
« on: December 23, 2013, 06:15:37 PM »
There has been a post on www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk of which I am a member detailing the ending of production of lead cored bullets, and a move to green bullets composed of copper. I use Barnes already and find them a great product, but what will we be able to use in our cap and ball pistols or in my Ulberti 1876, do you guys have any thoughts on this, leverman aka deerwarden on the S. D. site mentioned above.  >:(

Offline Chev. William

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: End of lead bullet production
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 05:15:19 AM »
As an observation, the President of my home country, The USA, is using his "Executive Actions, Orders, and Directions" to the various Regulatory and Enforcement Agencies in the Executive Branch of Government to reduce or eliminate civilian firearms use and ownership within the country.

I do not believe 'my' President' desires there to be Any Legal alternative projectile materials available.

Just my observations and personal opinion.

Best Regards,
Chev. William

"Been there, But no 'Tee Shirt' survived.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 11:05:50 AM »
Here in California, they (the legislature, in closed session) voted to ban lead ammunition for hunting this coming year.  This does pose a problem for those of us who like to use rifles like 30-30s, which manufactures don't like making all copper for.  Of course, this only applies to hunting.  Target shooting is not under that law, so lead is fine. 
I would assume that your country would have a similar idea.

Just a thought.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:00:42 AM »

Offline TwoWalks Baldridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 01:27:48 PM »
what will we be able to use in our cap and ball pistols or in my Ulberti 1876, do you guys have any thoughts on this

stock up on lead and get a round ball mold - afraid that is my best answer and possibly your best choice.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com