Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 09:44:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  CAS FAQ (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Will Ketchum)  |  Topic: Ouch--the end of a saga! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ouch--the end of a saga!  (Read 3129 times)
The Irish Mick
American Plainsmen Society
Citizen

« on: June 29, 2013, 05:04:10 pm »

Well lads, for those of you who were following the saga of the 'busted '97 butt stock' .  The ordeal ended sucessfully this morning in the little town of Camp Verde, Arizona Territory Grin  For those of you were other wise engaged, please allow me to bring you up to date. 
Last month I engaged a Diamond Back rattler in my front yard, the bugger had just killed peter rabit. Shocked   Living as I do in the back country of the central highlands, I keep my Chinese riot shot gun charged with #4 buck.  Immediately upon returning to the scene of the crime, I smoothly  jacked a round up the spout ( yes, it has been re-worked) , and fired my first round at the perp.  This is when I realized that it was charged with #4 buck Shocked  After regaining my composure, I hit 'im again, and that did it.  I then chucked 'im over the four strand for the coyotes.
Later while cleaning the shotgun I noticed to my great dismay that the Chinese boxwood butt stock has split clean through from the 9 o'clock to the 3 o'clock position. Embarrassed  Curses say's I.  What should I do now, I cannot be without my trusty shotgun.  So where did I turn you ask Huh  CAS FAQ, where else!
Shortly the replys to my delema began to arrive.   And low 'n behold the answer apprered.  Go to Macon stocks was the reply.  Well gentlemen to make a short story shorter, I did just that.  The rest is history.  My shotgun is now sporting lovely AMERICAN walnut buttstock!  I take my hat off to my gunsmoth for the beautiful job or restocking, and putting back the lower sling swivel for the M1906 rifle sling.
The moral of my story is if you use your Chinese shotgun for other than shooting tiny BB's at tin plates, be aware that Chinese boxwood just will not stand the knocks.
I thank you for the opprotuniny to adress this most agust body.

-The Irish Mick
ArizonaTerritory
Lead Waster
Active citizen

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 06:36:53 pm »

For wood split wood, I would have suggested getting some titebond III wood glue in there! long grain to long grain wood with carpenters glue is like welding wood together...but I'm cheap..

Glad you got a nice new stock!
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 11:24:49 pm »

Gotta have "Made in the U.S.A." somewhere on there.  American Walnut is just plain purty. Wink

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
cpt dan blodgett
Top Active Citizen

SASS Conv 2013

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 06:29:20 pm »

Accra Glas works pretty good sticking stocks back together worked on my Mossberg 500

Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII
Forty Rod
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 08:06:22 pm »

Acraglass can stick water to Jell-O.  That stuff just never lets go.

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  CAS FAQ (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Will Ketchum)  |  Topic: Ouch--the end of a saga! « previous next »
Jump to: