Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 11:10:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Can anyone tell me the bore diameter of a Rossi M-92 44-40 rifle? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can anyone tell me the bore diameter of a Rossi M-92 44-40 rifle?  (Read 681 times)
LDS
Citizen

« on: April 13, 2013, 08:02:53 pm »

I have a Rossi M-92 rifle chambered in 44-40 Winchester; about a year old.  Can anyone tell me the bore diameter?
yeti76620
Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
Top Active Citizen

It's a good day to die....

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 08:29:36 pm »

Logic tells me  the every bbl will be a bit different then the next....

a 44 caliber bullet is around .430 of an inch dia...some a bit more and others a bit less....

You're going to have to "slug" your bbl by pounding in a slug and then pushing it back out....measure the "lands & grooves".... the lands will be the bottom of the rifling and the grooves will be the bore....

Comprendre?

OR I guess you can say around .430"....

NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Can anyone tell me the bore diameter of a Rossi M-92 44-40 rifle? « previous next »
Jump to: