Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2018, 06:19:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  STORM (Moderators: RRio, Major 2)  |  Topic: OFFICIAL 1851 thread (post pictures here) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OFFICIAL 1851 thread (post pictures here)  (Read 75606 times)
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2017, 02:45:37 pm »

Fortunately, I had few photo's on the "BUCKET"...and I lost but a few, but I know many lost many memories.

I use Disks & memory sticks from My Computer files...for the very reason RCJ states
" I feel most will take Photobucket's lead and figure out they can add a revenue stream by doing the same "

RattlesnakeJack
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2017, 07:34:56 pm »

It is odd to hear some of you speaking about "losing" images due to the change in Photobucket policy, because all images previously uploaded to Photobucket should still be there and entirely accessible by the account owner.  Their new policy just automatically prevents "hot linking" any of those images into a posting on any other internet site unless you agree to pay their exhorbitant fees to upgrade to the new "Highway Robbery" account.  I have left all my Photobucket images in place, but if I now want to put any image into an online posting (or if I want mages in earlier postings to re-appear in those postings) I put them up in my ImageShack account, from which they CAN be hot-linked ... Although it is not a "free" service, the subscription rates are only a small fraction of the ridiculous charge Photobucket demands for that privilege.  (I tried to find another "free" image-hosting service which permits hot-linking, but couldn't find anything suitable for my needs.)

Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier
Old West ClipArt & History Website:  http://rattlesnakejacks.com/
Fingers McGee
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

Smoke & Fire

« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2017, 12:31:19 pm »

Just testing the ability to attach picture direct from PC.

* Engraved Nickel Pocket Models.jpg (341.24 KB, 1500x876 - viewed 84 times.)

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - LTG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers; Moniteau Creek River Raiders, The Ozarks Posse, Butterfield Trail Cowboys
NRA Endowment Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2017, 01:01:06 pm »

those are beautiful
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2017, 02:42:58 pm »

If my photo's were small enough, I could post them directly from my photo library on my computer.  Since mine are all over the mandated 400 size, I are out of luck.
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2017, 04:24:23 pm »

If you have MS Paint , you resize easily

Open the photo in paint  ....upper left you'll resize click that , you'll see  100 %   100%   simply change it to  25% click OK and Bobs your uncle
RattlesnakeJack
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2017, 05:04:05 pm »

Yes, the ability to resize images is basic to any imaging/image processing program or software. So is the ability to crop images, although it is clear that many people donít know that either ... judging from the number of photos posted of a gun laying on the floor with the personís feet ... or a pet ... or a bag of trash ... also in the photo!

Wink

Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier
Old West ClipArt & History Website:  http://rattlesnakejacks.com/
greyhawk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2017, 05:18:05 pm »

If my photo's were small enough, I could post them directly from my photo library on my computer.  Since mine are all over the mandated 400 size, I are out of luck.

Coffinmaker
Here is s simple fix (stumbled upon quite by accident) take the pics with yr phone - email it to yrself so ya got it on the computer - in that process the image is resized - still good enough (just!) to print at A4 size - dunno how they do this ? I have attached three to a single post and it went ahead ok - there would be better ways fr sure and it does nothing for images you already have stored -  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  STORM (Moderators: RRio, Major 2)  |  Topic: OFFICIAL 1851 thread (post pictures here) « previous next »
Jump to: