Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 07:04:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Barracks  |  GAF Regulations (Moderator: Pitspitr)  |  Topic: Rule Change: C96 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rule Change: C96  (Read 2349 times)
Drydock
MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« on: July 24, 2012, 08:42:50 am »

Subject to local regulation, C96 Mauser lead bullet ammunition shall be allowed a muzzle velocity of 1200 fps, to enable reliable operation.

Civilize them with a Krag . . .
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 04:13:12 pm »

Would this also apply to any post 1900 Expansion Era autos? Just curiousity, since I don't own any except a 1911. Only other one I can think of that would have to run over 1000fps might be a Luger, either .30 or 9mm.( and I don't see my budget allowing for one of those any time soon.)
Drydock
MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 04:17:45 pm »

THis only deals with main match eligible weapons.  I've recieved no requests for Lugers, should one come up, we'll address it.  The c96 seems to have the narrowest of parameters for operation,  Lugers seem more flexible as regards ammunition.

Civilize them with a Krag . . .
Niederlander
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 09:51:36 pm »

What would be really cool is to see someone shoot the whole match with a C96.  They could use the shoulder stock at the longer ranges, and I'll bet you could even do something with it at the 300 yard line.  It would be fun to try, but unfortunately, I don't own one, and I'm not likely to any time soon.

"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Barracks  |  GAF Regulations (Moderator: Pitspitr)  |  Topic: Rule Change: C96 « previous next »
Jump to: