Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2018, 04:30:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Leather Shop (Moderators: Marshal Will Wingam, Ten Wolves Fiveshooter)  |  Topic: Show Off Your Non-Cowboy Stuff Here 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show Off Your Non-Cowboy Stuff Here  (Read 275371 times)
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #775 on: November 07, 2017, 06:57:09 pm »

I suppose it works well enough, I haven't got anything to compare it to. I mix it 50/50 with water.

Marshal Will Wingam
Garden Variety
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.

« Reply #776 on: November 08, 2017, 12:32:28 am »

If you use a water based dye you can thin it out as you go just by dipping your brush.  You can probably do the same trick with an oil based dye by using mineral spirits or whatever dilutes the dye.
Thanks, I thought it would be something of that nature.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR
CurlyDrew42
Liberal Gunslinger
Active citizen

« Reply #777 on: November 11, 2017, 10:48:21 pm »

This was fun, a little wonky, but fun.

Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.
Marshal Will Wingam
Garden Variety
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #778 on: November 12, 2017, 12:37:04 am »

That'a an interesting mix of elements, and they all work together. Looks good.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR
Johnny McCrae
Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

The older the violin, the finer the music

« Reply #779 on: November 12, 2017, 08:54:44 am »

Nice neat work. Making a Pouch with a gusset ain't easy.

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself
CurlyDrew42
Liberal Gunslinger
Active citizen

« Reply #780 on: November 17, 2017, 03:49:49 pm »

Nice neat work. Making a Pouch with a gusset ain't easy.
You are not wrong! I have picked up a couple of tricks for pre-forming gussets and it makes a world of difference.

Marshal Will Wingam
Garden Variety
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #781 on: November 17, 2017, 04:14:49 pm »

You are not wrong! I have picked up a couple of tricks for pre-forming gussets and it makes a world of difference.
I've molded ends over a block of wood to shape them first. On full wrap-arounds, I've put them in damp so they'll take on the shape needed as you fit them.

Nice work on these, too.  Cool

SCORRS     SASS     BHR
Ten Wolves Fiveshooter
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Live To Fight Another Day

« Reply #782 on: November 17, 2017, 08:13:26 pm »

Nice work... Cool

tEN wOLVES Grin

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About
Gun Butcher
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #783 on: November 18, 2017, 03:11:22 pm »

Good looking work Curley.

Ron

Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
CurlyDrew42
Liberal Gunslinger
Active citizen

« Reply #784 on: December 06, 2017, 06:11:38 pm »

My wife's pistol Smiley

Marshal Will Wingam
Garden Variety
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #785 on: December 06, 2017, 07:23:23 pm »

Looks like a good holster. Thanks for the photo.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR
Johnny McCrae
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #786 on: December 07, 2017, 12:19:33 pm »

That is very nice Curly

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #787 on: December 28, 2017, 08:30:57 pm »

Just some of the stuff I finished recently. Been a busy month!

Marshal Will Wingam
Garden Variety
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #788 on: December 29, 2017, 12:54:21 am »

Very nice work, CQ. I like the basket weave on the box. Did you use a stamp for that or make it with a bevel? It looks really good.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR
Johnny McCrae
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #789 on: December 29, 2017, 07:59:02 am »

Howdy CQ,
Been a busy month!
I'll say.
Very nice work. It took some skill to make that box.

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #790 on: December 29, 2017, 09:49:27 am »

Thanks all! The box was pretty easy to do actually, and that is a pretty standard Tandy Basket Weave stamp. Been thinking about doing free hand basket weave, then I get a headache and grab the stamp Wink There was also a sling that went with that box, basket weave and Oak Leaf, but y'all have already seen my slings. And I am still finishing a shoulder holster for a .357 Blackhawk, so that will be posted soon.

The knives were a special order from my Pops, who is apparently pimping me out. For years, he would show me the easy open knife case he had made during his Carney days. So, I made him a nice one for his Birthday last year, and one to use as a template, in case he felt like making more. He sold the template one, and had an order for 2 more. The big knife, was for another friend of his. All I got on that was, "It just has to be cool". Gee, that helped a lot! I think I nailed "cool".

I still have 2 slings and shell carriers to do, all for the fella who ordered the G22 holster and the shoulder holster... and I have to redo the patch on the Bianchi Buscadaro belt. Apparently, he needed more than 3" added. That is a P.I.T.A. that can wait till next year Wink

Marshal Will Wingam
Garden Variety
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #791 on: December 29, 2017, 11:22:36 am »

I suspected that was a stamp. I have several BW stamps I made years ago. One is very similar to that one.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #792 on: January 24, 2018, 09:32:39 pm »

New leather, fresh off the bench.

Been making friends at the local Hunting store, and a lot of leather goods for them. The Boss asked me if I knew the difference between a gun belt, and a regular belt.
2 layers of 6-7oz leather, fully bonded and stitched, with 6-7oz tongue and buckle strap, done Ranger style. Medium brown with black straps and in the background.

I was concerned I fudged my math somewhere, but in the end, it was spot on. I don't do enough of these belts to have it down.

Smaller text is a Tandy stamp, the name is free handed.

Next, is a new holster for myself. Just got a new ZTE3 Stupid phone, and wanted to get it out of my pocket.

6-7oz leather, 3-4oz lining. Dark brown dye, black background with black antique on the meandering border. Still need more practice with that stamp.

Thought about doing it full skirt, but don't often wear a belt. So, a belt clip works, even with my sweat pants.

GunClick Rick
Top Active Citizen

Scudders all of yas~

« Reply #793 on: January 25, 2018, 12:31:37 pm »

That's a comfortable good looking belt for everyday use,i like that one..And the cell phone holster good stuff

Baaaaa haaaa haaaa you all thought I was stuffed under a rock somewhere,i keep my eyeballs peeled over here now and again.Nice to see everyone is still at it. I became a granpa twice,been traveling to Texas where they live east of Dallas,hang out on facebook for the most part yackin with kin and such.Hope everyone has a healthy profitable 2018.Mostly it's easier to post pic over at FB,but it is becoming a pia to to use also.!  Roll Eyes Grin Cheesy
 ~GunClick Rick~(alias) THE DARK RANGER !

Bunch a ole scudders!
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #794 on: January 25, 2018, 12:52:33 pm »

Thank you. I finished the belt, and think I could really use one. But, I don't wear a belt much. Too many childhood memories associated with a belt Smiley

Marshal Will Wingam
Garden Variety
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #795 on: January 25, 2018, 02:43:24 pm »

Very nice work, CQ. I particularly like that belt. Looks great.

I brought these last three posts over from "The New SHOW US YER STUFF Thread #4". Thanks for the pics. Remember to put non-cowboy items on this thread.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #796 on: January 25, 2018, 06:58:51 pm »

Sorry about posting in the wrong place... again. Not intentional, just a bad case of brainfarts?

Marshal Will Wingam
Garden Variety
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #797 on: January 25, 2018, 08:21:48 pm »

Sorry about posting in the wrong place... again. Not intentional, just a bad case of brainfarts?
Heck, we all have those now and then. Grin

SCORRS     SASS     BHR
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #798 on: February 11, 2018, 07:42:21 pm »

This is for a S&W 636 clone in shiny nickel/chrome. I'm not sure how it will turn out yet, I'm calling it GothWestern. It is getting shiny nickel buckles for the belt and holster strap, and I'm not sure how much "bling" the owner will want. I figure a few rivets along the belly of the holster, and at the points on the skirt. I keep hearing that line in the DeadPool movie, "Ease up on the Bedazzler Dude, they're Jeans, not a chandelier".

I want to lean towards white thread, or maybe medium brown. Again, it will depend on the owner, but I really like the contrast of white thread. I also really hate the way "white" thread ends up "dingy grey". I'm starting to think maybe a cotton swab and bleach might help there.

Any suggestions on what I did wrong are appreciated. I'll start with the lettering is rubbish, there is no depth, and the dark brown still comes out looking almost exactly like the medium brown. I know somebody in the dye factory is really just screwing with me, and they are in all reality, the same dye.

Oh, and the border on the holster was supposed to be like something I had seen Al Stohlman do on a full skirt. I shoulda looked at it again, before I tried it, as I did it bass ackwards.

I shouldn't even mention that this was my third belt blank.

Johnny McCrae
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #799 on: February 11, 2018, 08:06:04 pm »

Sometimes a person is their own worst critic. Lots of work you put into that rig. I think it will turn out just fine.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Leather Shop (Moderators: Marshal Will Wingam, Ten Wolves Fiveshooter)  |  Topic: Show Off Your Non-Cowboy Stuff Here « previous next »
Jump to: