Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 05:09:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Checking In 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Checking In  (Read 725 times)
sulferburner
Citizen

« on: May 01, 2012, 11:47:23 am »

Hello every one, bumped into this website trying to get pre-buy info on sharps replicas & balistics for them. Seemed like a friendly place to get some info. I am not a member of any shooting clubs, and don't shoot alot of paper, just enough to make a clean harvest of what I'm hunting,that being said I do love to shoot, but am cost concious. I don't post alot , and when I do it's ussualy a question, my black powder experience is front stuffers, although do own some percussion revolvers& pepper boxes, mostly from kits from when I was younger & working, first droped the hammer on a percuission cap 44yrs ago, been hooked on the sight,feel &smell ever since. I have wanted a sharps since was 7, auction this weekend ,just don't know if a shilo 1863 would be dependable in the field, I HATE BUYERS REMORSE, thanks for putting up with my chatter.
Silent Joe
The Netherlands
Top Active Citizen

Lady Lis and Me

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 12:15:31 pm »

Welcome in Town, Pard. Look around and enjoy your time in here. Hope you've found your gun.  Smiley

The Secret of Life is One Thing..........Just One Thing! (Curly in City Slickers)
Citizen of CAS City #203 * SASS L # 10461 * SBSS # 2064 DWSA # 120 * GAF Intern. #694* IPSAC #43 * Prayer Posse * WartHog * B.o.t.A. >>>------>*

Will Ketchum
Chief of Detectives
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Pete Ersland

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 11:29:52 am »

The Shilo Sharps are very dependable but if you want something to take into the woods it's a lot of money and heavy.  You might consider a replica Sharps carbine since they are shorter and lighter.

I do have a Pedersoli Sharps with MVA (Mountain Vally Arms) that I am thinking of selling but that is a target rifle and is also long and heavy.

Welcome to CAS City.  You might want to check out the other boards as well.

Will Ketchum

Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Checking In « previous next »
Jump to: