Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 25, 2017, 06:30:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: The Movie "Josey Wales" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Movie "Josey Wales"  (Read 16442 times)
GunClick Rick
Top Active Citizen

May your moccasins walk the way of peace

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 03:09:00 pm »

Now spit.....,

May your lodges hold much tatanka~
Gus Grizzle
Citizen

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2013, 08:15:48 pm »

I reckon so....

Sass # 96744
NRA Life
Storm # 410

"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"
GunClick Rick
Top Active Citizen

May your moccasins walk the way of peace

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2013, 10:19:14 pm »

Kiss SPOIT~~~~`*  How does it work on stains !

May your lodges hold much tatanka~
Red Horse Ranger
Citizen

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 02:22:14 am »

"I was lucky in the order....".  Oh wait that's from the actual best Eastwood western of all time... Wink
The Black Spot
Citizen

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2013, 08:30:01 am »

I saw it on tv way back in the late 80's. one of the most awesome westerns ever until i got the dvd version. Had a pg rating on it which was a BIG lie. Tore it up and threw it away.
john bange
Citizen

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2015, 06:07:45 pm »

ten bears gonna want himself a fresh woman

Uberti 1873 30"rifle 44/40
nagantino
Top Active Citizen

Oh yeah.......

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2015, 06:48:17 pm »

That scene where he says about whistling Dixie results in the soldiers lying dead soon after.........I'm pretty sure it's based on an old photo of an actual incident from the 1880's. Eastwood did this in The Flags films.
Crow Choker
Top Active Citizen

River Banker Extraordinaire

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2015, 10:02:39 am »

I've watched Josey Wales so much that the lines spoken in my two favorite scenes, I can toss em' out pretty much as spoken. The scenes where the two bounty hunters (Abe and Lige) try to take Josey on and end up as 'buzzard supper' and at the traders cabin where the two trappers attempt to disarm Josey and see what he can do with his Walkers. Love the 'snear' Josey is giving his wanta'be advisories in the scenes. Have even used the line from Fletcher "Don't piss/pee down my/our back and tell us it's rainin' to a few when needed! 'Endeavour to Persevere' to all! Crow Choker 

Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo
PJ Hardtack
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2015, 11:08:00 am »

The supporting cast of characters in the saloon were also great actors - the madam, the piano player, etc.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne
Sin Nombre
Citizen

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2015, 05:45:25 pm »

It don't get better'n Josey Wales.

Deadwood

True, that.
Crow Choker
Top Active Citizen

River Banker Extraordinaire

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2015, 09:37:40 pm »

The 'saloon' crew was well acted. In case some of ya didn't know, the 'Rose' character was played by Joyce Jameson, who was 'Skippy', one of the 'Fun Girls' on the Andy Griffith Show, that is if your into Andy and Barney-one of the greatest TV shows of all time.

Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo
willy
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2015, 11:27:53 pm »

I notice when you get to not like'n someone they ain't around much longer.
Two Spurs
Citizen

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2015, 09:04:59 pm »

Clint Eastwood is in a category all his own. Just like John Wayne.

Funny thing is, you never get tired of watching it.....again..........and again........   Smiley
Bruce W Sims
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2015, 02:58:51 pm »

I don't hear much in the way of complaints from anyone, so I'm guessing the hardware used throughout the
movie was pretty much spot on, Yes?  Thoughts? For myself I had a problem with the Gatling Guns at the start.
IIRC they only held about 30 rounds before changing the stick. Anyone?

Best Wishes,

Bruce
Mogorilla
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2015, 07:03:13 am »

One of the best westerns and a great movie all around.   While none of the actors, other than Bottoms are really the right age.   Fletcher was a real person, he rode with Bloody Bill and young Jesse James.  He did end up in Texas after the war, minus an arm.   I believe he opened a mill.   Bloody Bill was only about 24 when he was beheaded by the Yankees in Richmond Missouri (about 6 days after he killed my wife's G.G. grandfather).    I am in that area of the country, and one has to learn to sing Dixie or the Battle Hymn of the Republic with equal enthusiasm!

NCOWS #3297
Bruce W Sims
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2015, 12:34:36 pm »

One of the best westerns and a great movie all around.   While none of the actors, other than Bottoms are really the right age.   Fletcher was a real person, he rode with Bloody Bill and young Jesse James.  He did end up in Texas after the war, minus an arm.   I believe he opened a mill.   Bloody Bill was only about 24 when he was beheaded by the Yankees in Richmond Missouri (about 6 days after he killed my wife's G.G. grandfather).    I am in that area of the country, and one has to learn to sing Dixie or the Battle Hymn of the Republic with equal enthusiasm!

IIRC the biography I read on Wild Bill Hickok reported that the ACW continued to be fought on an unofficial basis in the Missouri area for sometime after Appomatox. I seem to remember reading something about returning Union and Confederate Vets trying to "settle scores" for quite a while afterwards. Heard anything about that?

Best Wishes,

Bruce
Sir Charles deMouton-Black
THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2015, 01:55:41 pm »

IIRC the biography I read on Wild Bill Hickok reported that the ACW continued to be fought on an unofficial basis in the Missouri area for sometime after Appomatox. I seem to remember reading something about returning Union and Confederate Vets trying to "settle scores" for quite a while afterwards. Heard anything about that? Best Wishes,
Bruce

I have read an account of the family of my nephews wife, from the Bootheel area; Five adult males entered the ACW as Missouri Militia cavalry until the Federals disbanded them. Then they volunteered for service in the southern cavalry. When the internal civil war heated up they returned as guerrillas. By the end of the war three survived to lay down their arms, but NONE made it home!

NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”
Mogorilla
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2015, 09:46:50 pm »

Well, I believe Jesse James was shot while riding in to surrender.  As such, he was probably not present at the liberty bank robbery.   I believe a lot of that went on here.

NCOWS #3297
buttebob
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2015, 07:41:05 am »

My 2nd great grandfather was conscripted into the Confederate Army in Missouri. He was told to join or be shot. He was captured and sent to the Union prison in Alton, Il. By the time his wife secured his release he had died.
Mogorilla
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2015, 06:46:55 am »

Alton was a rough area during the war.  There was a riot or two there as I recall and as Andersonville and Camp Douglas showed, neither side knew what to do with a prisoner of war. 

NCOWS #3297
Bruce W Sims
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2015, 02:32:33 pm »

I sorta got the impression that after the Prisoner Exchange Policy was done away with
POW camps like Douglas and Andersonville simply became "execution by another means". Just sayin...

Best Wishes,

Bruce
Trailrider
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2015, 05:48:08 pm »

I hear...not to say that I know that you can get away with Dixie or the Battle Hymn, but down South, do NOT whistle, play or sing, "Marching Through Georgia"! That can get you into all sorts of trouble!  Roll Eyes

Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF
Blair
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2015, 06:09:42 pm »

Gosh.
I wonder why that would be?
My best,
 Blair

A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21
Bruce W Sims
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2015, 04:12:55 pm »

...probably for the same reason you won't find "Sherman Avenue" in Atlanta. Roll Eyes

Best Wishes,

Bruce
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: The Movie "Josey Wales" « previous next »
Jump to: