Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2014, 12:36:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: March pot luck boo-fay BYOC (or Tea) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March pot luck boo-fay BYOC (or Tea)  (Read 28650 times)
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #525 on: March 30, 2012, 06:27:49 am »

Prayers on the way.

Thanks for the coffee, LIT Wink

32 and partly cloudy here Undecided

Arcey, I talked to one of my classmates that lives in the Beach last night. She and her husband have a condo on a golf course there. They own a LE supply business, last name's Banta.........Buck

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #526 on: March 30, 2012, 06:49:40 am »

Arcey, I talked to one of my classmates that lives in the Beach last night. She and her husband have a condo on a golf course there. They own a LE supply business, last name's Banta.........Buck

Ya know which one, Buck? I'm in Larkspur 'n that borders on the Kempsville course/condos.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #527 on: March 30, 2012, 07:40:39 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tom.

I'll be praying fer Roger and Dennis.

'Tis 35 and raining. "Rain early...diminishing to occasional drizzle by mid- morning. Highs 41 to 46. East wind 10 to 15 mph."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #528 on: March 30, 2012, 07:44:45 am »

Mornin' y'all,
Thanks for the cawfee LIT. 47 here and a high for 69 with a strong breeze for later.

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #529 on: March 30, 2012, 07:55:27 am »

Thanks for the Cawfee this morning. It's 68 and cloudy. The weather folks had forcast rain on Wed. and Thurs., but it didn't happen. Maybe this weekend.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #530 on: March 30, 2012, 10:33:06 am »

Morning, 40 an clear for now.

Thank you all for the prayers and kind words. 

Had a Bisquick chicken pot pie last night with a lot of left over for later.

I'll catch ya all later.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #531 on: March 30, 2012, 12:42:24 pm »

Oatmeal and sausage biscuits for a late breakfast. No lunch planned. It's up to 73, with the high near 80.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #532 on: March 30, 2012, 12:47:00 pm »

Scrambled eggs and sausage patties here.

Arcey, They do business with the local authorities and the Gov. Roll Eyes Home address is on Cypress Point Way. She didn't mention the Co. name though.......... Roll Eyes

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #533 on: March 30, 2012, 04:40:38 pm »

Cloudy and breezy here only 62 for a high..
Shrimp & crab linguini on for later

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #534 on: March 30, 2012, 05:20:36 pm »

Church fish dinner tonight. I had baked, Sue had fried, and Sandy had shrimp Roll Eyes

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #535 on: March 30, 2012, 05:36:59 pm »

Went into the one of the employee's rest rooms, even though I didn't need it, I noticed somebody had used all the TP.  I came back to the hat dept, grabbed a sheet of 220 grit sandpaper and taped it to the empty roll. Shocked  I'm sure someone will figure out who did it. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #536 on: March 30, 2012, 05:45:06 pm »

Del, That sandpaper is hard on hemmeroids!

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #537 on: March 30, 2012, 06:24:15 pm »

Went into the one of the employee's rest rooms, even though I didn't need it, I noticed somebody had used all the TP.  I came back to the hat dept, grabbed a sheet of 220 grit sandpaper and taped it to the empty roll. Shocked  I'm sure someone will figure out who did it. Grin
Oh man you kill me Shocked Grin

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #538 on: March 30, 2012, 06:32:58 pm »

Miz Letty, Del makes it interesting for folks that work at the Fort Western Wear.

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #539 on: March 30, 2012, 06:38:22 pm »

Well hopefully there were some "Jimmy Carter party hats" around...we may never know for sure Roll Eyes

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #540 on: March 30, 2012, 06:43:19 pm »

This what I did last time an empty roll was left on the hanger.  Lil has a good sense of humor.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #541 on: March 30, 2012, 06:52:30 pm »

Miz Letty, Del makes it interesting for folks that work at the Fort Western Wear.

Customers too. I doubt I'd last 12 hours let alone 12 years at some Yuppie mall store.  Just fitted a hat to a fellas head, as I was steamin' it up I asked his wife if he was tough and she said sometimes.  I than asked how much he screamed when he was hurt.  She said not much.  I them plopped the very warm hat on his head, fits good now. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #542 on: March 30, 2012, 07:58:10 pm »

Customers too. I doubt I'd last 12 hours let alone 12 years at some Yuppie mall store.  Just fitted a hat to a fellas head, as I was steamin' it up I asked his wife if he was tough and she said sometimes.  I than asked how much he screamed when he was hurt.  She said not much.  I them plopped the very warm hat on his head, fits good now. Grin
Just go out in the rain and wear it 'til it's dry.  Smiley

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #543 on: March 30, 2012, 08:37:05 pm »

Just go out in the rain and wear it 'til it's dry.  Smiley

Slim
That method werks for boots too Cool

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #544 on: March 30, 2012, 11:37:39 pm »

Dang...no Mega Lotto winner in my camp...was hopin' to build my arsenal Roll Eyes
Got a pot on for a nite owl or 2....see 'ya all in the mornin'

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
El Peludo
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #545 on: March 30, 2012, 11:51:29 pm »

Howdy folkses, happy end-o-March.  Glad to see all are doing relatively well; we're still vertical and breathing.  Got our living space relocated to the "new" house, and are working on getting shed of the old one.  Cutting our floor space in half, and our yard by 67%, and losing my shop building has been a challenge, and we are still struggling with it, but we shall overcome.

That story about the hat Del told reminded me of a Gent I used to know when I was a pup; he was very much my senior, and sort of a mentor to me.  One day he stopped by my place on his way home from a trip to the big city, and asked me to come up to his, he had some stuff he wanted to talk over with me about search and rescue, which we were both involved in.  He was unloading stuff from his Travelall at the barn when I got there, and one of the things he took out was a Stetson box.  He opened the box and took out a real pretty cream colored hat with no crease and a flat brim.  He sat it on his head, wiggled it around a bit and then, with a grimace on his face, he poked it into the horse trough and sloshed it around some, whacked it on the fence rail a few times and stuck i back in the water floating on the brim, crown down and full of water.  After a while, he took the hat out of the water and let it drain off , and started shaping it and fitting it on his head until he had it where he wanted it, and hung it on a fence post to dry.  He said it would be just right when it was dry, and apparently it was, because he was still wearing it daily when we moved away.

Y'all have a happy April Fools Day, and take good care.  I'll see ya' next time I stop in to jaw.

El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #546 on: March 31, 2012, 06:25:41 am »

Mornin’.

Light rain 64°. Showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 74°. West wind between 8 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Getcha a new hat ‘n do a shoot in 90° weather. Sweat’ll fit it right nice.

Started werk on a old Smith serrated faced trigger yestitty. Want it slick ‘n shiny. Got the cuts ground out. Drop down to a finer stone taday. Ain’t done this inna long time ‘n I ain’t got ‘nother trigger if I botch this’n up..

Cypress Point is right nice, Buck. Couple guys I werked with in the Detective Bureau had condos there. It’s up towards the other end of Independence Blvd. from me, nearer the base where the SEALS live.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #547 on: March 31, 2012, 07:06:20 am »

I made a fresh pot O' Cawfee this morning and sausage biscuits to go with it. We had Pizza and a Movie last night. My Girls are sleeping in this morning. It's already warm outside, it's gonna be a warm weekend and no rain. My yards are green, due to all the rain. I am hoping for rain next week.

wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #548 on: March 31, 2012, 07:20:13 am »

Mornin Ya'll, thanks fer CAWFEE TLD, much preciated. WM

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #549 on: March 31, 2012, 07:59:04 am »

Got a wedding reception to go to after work so I'm wearin' my suit to work. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: March pot luck boo-fay BYOC (or Tea) « previous next »
Jump to: