Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 05:41:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper  (Read 34186 times)
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #525 on: February 25, 2012, 12:20:49 pm »

Mornin.

Recuses seem mild mannered until ya fall asleep on the couch.  It's like the little b*****ds just wait fer it.  Lil got it in the gut an I got it in the arm pit.  Wasn't sure what it was at first but the one that got Lil ended up lookin like a gun shot.  Mine healed over but ya can still see the bite marks in the welt.

Had grits with butter an sugar this mornin.  42 er so an still sunny, sposed ta change ta cold an wet by Sunday night.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #526 on: February 25, 2012, 12:24:45 pm »

Got both those nasty creatures here too...
Funny story when I was livin' down south..lived on a 3 acre ranch mindin' the place while the family was off filmin' City Slickers in Moab, UT. Home one night by myownself and set up the ironing board. Outta the corner of my right eye I see this taranchala lookin' spider speed by me from the kitchen and go under the table. Got the broom an' murdered the thing and threw it out on the porch. Wasn't goin' 'ta sleep with that dang thing loose in the house Roll Eyes Woke the next mornin' sittin' at the kirchen table havin' my cawfee thinkin' about that goofy movie "Arachnaphobia" when a itty bitty spider falls outta the curtins and on my lap....
Screeched like mad Tongue
Chickens made quick work of that other hairy thing too

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #527 on: February 25, 2012, 01:11:47 pm »

Wonder if she wants some orange sauce with that duck, Arcey Roll Eyes Shocked

Have all three here also. Haven't seen the 'piders though. Although I've had a run in with some fish spiders. Ugly and big, about the size of a Morgan silver dollar Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #528 on: February 25, 2012, 01:32:12 pm »

We got a chicken that has a hood like a merganser.

Cut up some downed trees. Burning one of the brush piles.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #529 on: February 25, 2012, 01:39:15 pm »

Chickens keep the bug population down too  Grin

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #530 on: February 25, 2012, 02:00:28 pm »

Taranchalas make neat pets and is a good use for a fish tank that leaks.  Just make a tight fitting lid with screen on top.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #531 on: February 25, 2012, 03:43:44 pm »

Have all three here also. Haven't seen the 'piders though. Although I've had a run in with some fish spiders. Ugly and big, about the size of a Morgan silver dollar Roll Eyes

May have seen the same thing Buck, didn't know what it were called.  It was on Lil's pilla one night when we were gettin ready ta hit the hay.  She about fainted an I had ta make sure I didn't screw up mashin it an let it get away.  There would have been no sleep that night if it gave me the slip.  Never saw another one but it were a strange lookin thing.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #532 on: February 25, 2012, 05:28:40 pm »

They are good sized, Leo. Big enough that you can see the eyes, sorta. Along with the fangs. First one I had outside here, the other was inside the neighbor's home. She was really freaking out! Roll Eyes Shocked

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Foothills Drifter
Active citizen

Long Haired Bearded Weirdo...

« Reply #533 on: February 25, 2012, 06:00:59 pm »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

Paid $3.54 fer regular on Thursday.

We don't have black widow but we have brown recluse.

'Tis 22 and sunny. WC 12. High of 31.

Slim

Howdy......
Been bitten by one of them Brown Recluse spiders in 1984 or so...
He got me on the UPPER inner right leg....any higher and I might be talkin in a higher voice  Shocked
It went from a small red spot to a large purple mound that broke open and spewed blood & guts down my leg.
I missed 4 days of work.
When the doctor cleaned it all out he also put gauze IN the wound and said it should come out in 24 hours. I told him I would come back tomorrow. He said no...you can do it your self with tweezers. So I did........
The gauze was about 1/4" wide and as I pulled I didn't think is was going to end! It was about 12" long...  Shocked
I ain't never gonna forget that..............

Vern / Foothills...
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #534 on: February 25, 2012, 06:31:10 pm »

Lil's turned into a hole that got black rings around it.  Said it would have got to her lungs if she waited any longer.  From what she tolt me it was about 4 days afore she went in, I didn't know her then.  I got much luckier than that.

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog
"Old School" Cop NCOWS SENATOR
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #535 on: February 26, 2012, 12:49:57 am »

I haven't seen any spiders around here in a long time. We're having may flies around here right now. We had an early supper at our favorite Tex-Mex place. We had beef/chicken fajitas and a couple of frozen margaritas. They was tasty. It's 52 outside, they are predicting a light freeze for folks north of us. I made a couple of cups in my Keurig machine. It's not bad when you don't want a pot.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #536 on: February 26, 2012, 07:00:11 am »

Wonder if she wants some orange sauce with that duck, Arcey Roll Eyes Shocked

She turns three next month. I suspect she’ll eat most anything longs it’s attached ta sumthin’ meaty. When she was an eaglet she did have a bit of trouble with feathered things. Reckon she got o'er it.

Mornin’.

A few clouds. 36° ‘n  48%. Sunny, with a high near 48°. North wind between 6 and 10 mph.

A dude I had the misfortune ta werk with got bit by one the brown thingys. Got ‘im on the chest. Ended up in the hospital. A pard got bit by a black one on the finger. Looked freakin’ awful. I don’t dig ‘round in the yard er barn er lug the cans out without gloves. Ain’t got time fer that stuff if I can prevent it.

Hey, Tex. Run on up ta Grapevine ‘n support our lady bar keep it the TGI Friday’s championship.

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/02/time-pour-it-flair-bartender-competition

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #537 on: February 26, 2012, 07:58:37 am »

Mornin Ya'll CAWFEE's up. WM

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #538 on: February 26, 2012, 09:10:08 am »

Thanks fer the Cawfee an a good day ta all.

30 out an aint sure which way the wind is blowin, dog is out patrolin around in the dark.

Tried ta catch some news an they spent most a the time talkin bout some award show.  One thing I did see of interest was that Colonel that got killed in Afganistan is the guy that took over my brother in laws job when he retired.  I'm sure Stuart knew both him and the Major.  Whole thing is a damn shame.

Ended up with a frozen pizza last night, chicken fajita flavored.  Not bad for the money, gonna do the crab tanight.

Roland Deschain

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #539 on: February 26, 2012, 09:15:53 am »

Mornin' y'all,
Thanks for the cawfee WM. That is a shame 'bout the Colonel and Major that were killed recently..prayers are up for their familes.
Cold an' clear right now at 22 gunna be 44 and sn** showers later on.
Hamburger patties with sauted onions & 'shrooms and fresh sperry gas last nite

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #540 on: February 26, 2012, 09:40:57 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, WM.

The gauze was about 1/4" wide and as I pulled I didn't think is was going to end! It was about 12" long...  Shocked
I ain't never gonna forget that..............

Vern / Foothills...
Me either.  Shocked

'Tis 21 and overcast. WC 11. "Mostly cloudy and blustery. A chance of rain showers and snow showers. Highs 39 to 44. Southeast wind increasing to 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #541 on: February 26, 2012, 10:56:05 am »

Thanks for the Cawfee this morning. I had some raisin bran to go with it. Arcey, My wife won't let me go to Grapevine any more. I had heard about a good BBQ joint named Bone Daddy's up there. It was like Hooters, but they served BBQ. Nice scenery though. I was sad to hear about the 2 Marine officers that were killed in Afganistan. It's sunny and 46 this morning.  Moose is doing lesson plans for school next week. Victoria is ready for her park outing.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #542 on: February 26, 2012, 01:27:41 pm »

Got around to filling the pick-up today on the way to work, hit the Russ's IGA pump, you buy groceries there the add up on cents off.  Had 14 cents off, paid $3.31.9 for gas with a shot of corn likker. 

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #543 on: February 26, 2012, 02:23:28 pm »

The temp. is up to 48 degrees this afternoon. The wind is blowing and I finally got the washing done this weekend. We're having a late breakfast this morning. We took Victoria to the equestrian center and let her "run barrels". She got home and is taking a nap, she is a tired puppy.

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #544 on: February 26, 2012, 02:32:21 pm »

The temp. is up to 48 degrees this afternoon. The wind is blowing and I finally got the washing done this weekend. We're having a late breakfast this morning. We took Victoria to the equestrian center and let her "run barrels". She got home and is taking a nap, she is a tired puppy.
I can just imagine her TLD, runnin' the barrels like Whiplash Wink

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #545 on: February 26, 2012, 03:12:41 pm »

Miz Letty, I don't know whether "Whiplash" could stay on her. She is a "wild child".  She is my first female dog and my first Choclate Lab. I had always heard that Choclate Labs were more wild than yellow or black labs. She has not disappointed us. We get to see "Whiplash" locally because his owner lives in Weatherford,TX. Weatherford is west of Fort Worth. If anyone ever gets a chance to see "Whiplash" and his border collie, you will not be disappointed.  We go to the Stock Show in Fort Worth to see my friend, Buck Taylor and "Whiplash".

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #546 on: February 26, 2012, 03:45:43 pm »

Got an autographed mouse pad with Whiplash's pic, that's what made em think of that. They came to our Rodeo in Reno last summer and our "specialty acts" during all performances were full Sad
They were able to perform at our local AAA baseball game Reno Aces and put up the sheep at the Livestock Event Center. I happened to be workin' the stalls office when Tommy Lucia and his daughter pulled in. Hopefully they got in for the whole 10 days this year the show is a hoot Grin
Travel from TX to NV is a 24hr trip without stoppin', glad they were able to salvage a couple nights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1DyNFrgqto&feature=related

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #547 on: February 26, 2012, 04:49:28 pm »

Slow here today, wandered off, came back and there is popcorn on my desk, guess I'll have to eat it, hope it ain't posioned. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #548 on: February 26, 2012, 05:54:48 pm »

Slow here today, wandered off, came back and there is popcorn on my desk, guess I'll have to eat it, hope it ain't posioned. Grin

Prolly not poison but somethin ya wouldn't want ta eat in there. 

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #549 on: February 26, 2012, 06:28:19 pm »

Miz Letty, My wife is one of Whiplash's biggest fans. She laughs so hard, she starts crying, and ends up smearing her mascara. We had border collies when we were younger and they will always be special to us.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper « previous next »
Jump to: