Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 07:36:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Another New Guy Says Howdy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another New Guy Says Howdy  (Read 1253 times)
jsbcody
Citizen

« on: August 28, 2011, 04:56:21 pm »

Howdy.....As you can tell from my user name, I am so new that I don't even have my alias yet. I are going to get into CAS this next year so I am slowly getting my kit together. I will be joining the Gateway Shootist Society, based out of the Arnold Gun Club in the Saint Louis Missouri area. I will be shooting "49er" and either Duelist or Double Duelist as those styles of shooting appeal the most to me at this time. I am a very long time shooter and I am already reloading for .357 and .38 (along with .45 acp) and shotgun shell reloading. I plan on also doing the Wild Bunch Shooting, once the CAS kit and ammo (loads and loads of ammo) is done.

I have been going a lot of research on various weapons and here is what I have come up with:

Pistols: Ruger Vaqueros or Taylor Smoke Wagons (.357/38) through Long Hunter
Shotgun: 97 through Coyote Cap
Rifle: 1873 (.357/38) through Cowboy Cody or Long Hunter

and of course the all important gun cart. Through my years I have learned the lesson you get what you pay for.

Thanks for the welcome and y'all have a good day! Smiley

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 10:24:56 pm »

Welcome to CAS City.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Duke
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 02:37:30 am »

another tenderfoot newbe saying HOWDY just found this site saw it was about Cowboy shooting so I registered am a life SASS member SASS 95 "DUKE" live in Southern Ohio don't get to go to matches very often do to my work hope to cut back to part time by the time am 75 if still above ground. I like to read all the comments but I don't post many myself
Silent Joe
The Netherlands
Top Active Citizen

Lady Lis and Me

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 01:33:49 pm »

Welcome in Town, Pard. Look around and enjoy your time in here,  Cheesy

The Secret of Life is One Thing..........Just One Thing! (Curly in City Slickers)
Citizen of CAS City #203 * SASS L # 10461 * SBSS # 2064 DWSA # 120 * GAF Intern. #694* IPSAC #43 * Prayer Posse * WartHog * B.o.t.A. >>>------>*

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Another New Guy Says Howdy « previous next »
Jump to: