Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 02:34:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Buying a Schofield, and need some advice 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buying a Schofield, and need some advice  (Read 898 times)
Wolf Killer
Very Active Citizen

« on: July 23, 2011, 04:38:50 pm »

Howdy,
In 1969, I had the opportunity to fire an original Schofield #3, and ever since I have wanted one for my own.
Thanks to selling a bunch of big boy toys that I haven't used for years, I can now afford to put one in leather.

I do need some advice. I have read a lot of posts on many forums of poor performance of early guns, such as timing weak lockup and the most dreaded, the unmatched chamber and barrel dimensions.

This makes my question, are the current production Uberti Schofields free of these problems? I have seen some great You Tube videos of a fellow cutting a one inch group a number of times with no function problems. So, I am wondering if the current production pistols can be trusted?
My gun store can get me one now at a rather good price, considering the retail price and lack of stock from most distributors I would like to place the order.

Thanks,
Wolf Killer
Old Top
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 08:38:51 pm »

Wolf Killer,

Good to have you on board, I beleive the answers to your questions can be found in the forum below called Frontier Iron.

Old Top

I only shoot to support my reloading habit.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Buying a Schofield, and need some advice « previous next »
Jump to: