Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 04:19:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Leather Shop (Moderators: Marshal Will Wingam, Ten Wolves Fiveshooter)  |  Topic: Pards!!! Display your FINISHED!!! Small Leather Projects here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pards!!! Display your FINISHED!!! Small Leather Projects here.  (Read 198026 times)
Massive
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #800 on: March 24, 2015, 12:25:54 pm »

Time wise it was a bit of an eye opener.  The leather was about 6 ounce some thing from a scrap bag.  I cut out from a standard pattern piece, but since it was so light, I bent it around the mold and did a trim with leather scissors.  I also cut out a tab for the back to hang it, I think, or maybe there was a fold over piece.  Once I had the shape, I marked several points and ran the decorative stitching more or less freehand on the machine, then sewed the belt loop, then sewed the side seam.  The belt actually took longer because I had to mark, with a ruler and cut it out, then run the strap cutter.  The piece was too short so I had to joint it neatly with a patch, and punch holes and slots.

The interesting part is this is about the effort that probably would have gone into s similar holster from the period, if it was just a utility pouch.  Obviously the best work was pretty special.  But it is instructive to just do a flat out piece and not laminate, or glue welts, or stain, or stamp, or make sure the holes were punched centered to the thou, etc...
Ten Wolves Fiveshooter
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Live To Fight Another Day

« Reply #801 on: March 24, 2015, 01:14:50 pm »

Not bad for a quick fix, well done Massive.... Roll Eyes

tEN wOLVES  Grin

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About
Steel Striker
Very Active Citizen

Weewahootee Vigilence Committee, FL

« Reply #802 on: November 28, 2015, 09:47:24 pm »

my friends axe had a bad cover on it. so i decided to make a proper axe sheath.
the axe is a Mohawk Belt Axe, 2-1/4" blade from track of the wolf.

the button on the sheath is deer antler. the string is kangeroo lace. another friend has some pipe beads to finish the lace. this will give it a mountain man look and keep it from pulling out of the sheath.
How do you un-button it?  I see no 'button hole'?

New to CAS, SASS #100144.  Obtained: Marlin 1894CB; New Vaquero's in .45LC; Win 1897 12ga cut to 20".  Looking to pick old brains.  Designed/built my very own dbl. CAS rig.  Putting a Dillon 550B to good use for my .45-70, .45LC., .44Mag, .45ACP, .38  I alloy lead & cast my own. 

Tent repairs & ammo belts, a hobby Blacksmith, woodworker & Boy Scout Ldr. & Lead Scrounger.
Marshal Will Wingam
Garden Variety
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.

« Reply #803 on: November 29, 2015, 01:58:22 pm »

the button on the sheath is deer antler. the string is kangeroo lace. another friend has some pipe beads to finish the lace. this will give it a mountain man look and keep it from pulling out of the sheath.

How do you un-button it?  I see no 'button hole'?

The button is fixed to the flap. In the photo, it's not fastened. To fasten it, wrap the thong around the button once or twice. To un-fasten, just unwrap it.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #804 on: May 28, 2017, 09:28:11 am »

I really like that hatchet cover, it is both clean and dirty at the same time. Clean, straight weave, and rough, dirty, grain around the border. Did you use a background tool, or something else?

Lucky R. K.
Purveyor of Fire & Brimstone
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #805 on: May 29, 2017, 09:34:28 am »

Here is something a little different. It is a stool we use when playing cowboy. This one is for my pal Three Cut.

Greene County Regulators       Life NRA             SCORRS
High Country Cowboys            SASS #79366
Gunpowder Creek Regulators   Dirty RATS #568

The Wind is Your Friend
Marshal Will Wingam
Garden Variety
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #806 on: May 29, 2017, 11:08:21 am »

Very nice. Looks cool.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR
Ten Wolves Fiveshooter
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Live To Fight Another Day

« Reply #807 on: May 30, 2017, 11:39:20 pm »

Looks good, and a nice idea for a stool, thanks for the look see

tWN wOLVES  Grin Roll Eyes

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About
CurlyDrew42
Liberal Gunslinger
Active citizen

« Reply #808 on: October 31, 2017, 11:53:23 am »

I just finished this flask holder-
https://spaceranger42.wordpress.com/#jp-carousel-304

Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.
Marshal Will Wingam
Garden Variety
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #809 on: October 31, 2017, 07:36:18 pm »

Looks good. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your posts.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Leather Shop (Moderators: Marshal Will Wingam, Ten Wolves Fiveshooter)  |  Topic: Pards!!! Display your FINISHED!!! Small Leather Projects here. « previous next »
Jump to: