Author Topic: Ruger Old Army: 2009 "Clean-up" Guns  (Read 4724 times)

Offline Riot Earp

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ruger Old Army: 2009 "Clean-up" Guns
« on: December 01, 2009, 01:26:55 PM »
Am not sure if this was reported in this forum. Please forgive me if it was.

Ruger made some Old Army "clean-up" guns in 2009. The story broke on www.rugerforum.com back in the spring. Anyway, I bought one on gunbroker. The seller confirmed that it's a 2009 model, purchased from Davidson's, which bought a lot of the '09 guns. The barrel warning is on the top (on my gun .. not sure if all of them are like this), and the rosewood grips have a different color and are finished differently from older ROA grips. Mine is the 5.5" fixed-sight, blued model, though other models were produced this year also.

The quality of the new ones appears excellent. Mine has a very tight cylinder. Either Ruger used an oversized bolt latch, or the cylinder notches are smaller, as there is almost no rotational play. And there is infinitesimal end-shake. The finish is semi-gloss (doesn't show up well in the picture). The last blued one I owned, from early 2007, had a dull, near-matte finish. The grips are a 99%-perfect fit. Oh, and the cylinder-barrel gap is .004". Not sure if the last ones have been shipped to distributors, but multiple shipments were made.

It would seem that Ruger spent some time with these guns -- and got them right.

Offline Cemetery

• Top Active Citizen
    • Cemetery's Gun Blob
  • Liked:
Re: Ruger Old Army: 2009 "Clean-up" Guns
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 02:28:28 PM »
I got a pair this summer, not sure if they're '09s or not.

Is there a serial number range?
God forgives, I don't........

Offline Riot Earp

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 03:07:36 PM »
I don't have a serial number range -- I asked the same question on rugerforum -- but I will post some links that show more serial numbers. Stay tuned.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:31:49 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com