Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 02:12:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  WESTERN 3 GUN (Moderators: Sam Houston, Black Jack Traven)  |  Topic: World Cup 2009 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: World Cup 2009  (Read 8711 times)
Smokin Gator
Active citizen

« on: July 26, 2009, 11:37:47 am »

It's too quiet around here with the World Cup just around the corner.  Any news?  I know Howdy Doody is going to make it this year and I'll be there.  Who else?  Anyone that's never shot it before?  I'm loading ammo on my days off to get ready.  Can't wait.  See you all there.  Smokin Gator
Daniel Nighteyes
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 01:00:08 pm »

Gator,

I shoot W3G regularly, but never have shot the World Cup.  I'll there this year.  That way, whoever was dead last in 2008 will move up at least one notch... Grin Grin Grin Grin
Max Doolin
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 01:31:45 pm »

You keep havin fun Daniel.........
I'll be there Gator shooting gunfighter with my new alias...
"Smokin Max Doolin"   Roll Eyes  Grin
Daniel Nighteyes
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 10:26:29 am »

You keep havin fun Daniel.........
I'll be there Gator shooting gunfighter with my new alias...
"Smokin Max Doolin"   Roll Eyes  Grin

That oughta be "Rockin' Max Doolin".  During the Drifters match on Saturday, every time you started shootin', Cal Tech called to complain that your BP loads were messin' up their seismographs...
 Wink
JD Alan
Pistol Packin Parson
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 08:16:38 am »

Howdy, JD Alan here, from Oregon. I usually hang out at the Leatherworker's Forum. I am going to be shooting the World Cup this year, first time. We have 8,  maybe 9 shooters from the Orygun Cowbgoys coming down this year, and looking forward to it.

We do both Western 3 Gun and SASS, one match of each per month. 

I'm in my second year shooting Cowboy Action, so one one should be quaking in their boots about going up against me Grin

I plan to have a good time in the 60's group. 

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.
Smokin Gator
Active citizen

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 05:28:00 pm »

Well, I'm loading up the last of my ammo for the match.  Getting ready to leave Wednesday.  See everyone there!  Smokin Gator
Irish Red O'Toole
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 10:56:46 am »

JD,
YOu and your Orygun contingent will be very welcome.  Hope you all make this an annual pilgrimage.  Also hope you can stay around after the festivities and sample some SoCal hospitality around the campfire.  It should be a helluva match.  Lefty says so....... Smiley
Howdy Doody
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 03:38:59 pm »

I'll be checkin' in Friday morning. Latin Guns cookin' or should I get a happy meal at Mickey D's ? I will stay in Simi with my daughter and l am looking forward to some fine shooting and some time with grandkids too.

Plus the weather forecast looks to be about near perfect temperature wise. Ahhhhhh.

IROT I just checked my guncart and I have the correct powder packed in there. I won't have to run all over lookin' for you this time. Also I want to make it clear that I want you to stage your guns in the center of the tables.  Smiley

Man, I am ready for this. My first big match of the year and with such great pards too. It just doesn't get any better.

yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

JD Alan
Pistol Packin Parson
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 09:32:14 am »

Thanks for the welcome, Irish Red. Pokey and I have to fly out at 3pm on Sunday, but perhaps the rest of the crew can stay. I had a stroke in April, and it still effects my energy. I didn't want to drive down and be so tired I couldn't shoot. Everyone else drove. We are all down here, ready to go. See you soon. JD

Daniel Nighteyes
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 01:54:31 pm »

I had to leave the match one day early due to business commitments, so I'm not getting to watch the finals.

BUT

I had an absolutely GRAND time, shooting twelve interesting and challenging stages over two days,  getting to meet folks I've known online for years, and making a whole heap o' new friends!  I finished second in the Duelist category just behind Sergeant Major O'Donnell -- a long-time friend and shooting buddy.

(Next year I'm gonna tie the Sergeant Major's shoelaces together...   Wink Grin Grin)

Kudos to Sammy, Lefty, Lil, Wewahootie and all the rest who made World Cup 2009 a fantastic shoot!

-- Nighteyes
Howdy Doody
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 09:28:01 pm »

Yeah, what can I say? It is one heck of a great time and I thank all the folks that put in many hours to make it such an enjoyable time. Folks like Lefty Longridge, Sam Houston what can I say? Year after year of the best fun you could ever have with guns. Thanks too to all the volunteers that help with all it takes to put on such a great match. Folks like Lusty Lil, Smokey Burn, Badlands Bud and his dad Black Jack Traven, Frito Banditio and all the others too. Let me not forget Latin Guns and Latins Lover. Food, hot, good and plenty of it, that is what makes a great match and you would go a long ways to top the grub at World Cup. I shot off 10lbs of lead, but I gained 5 lbs from the food.  Smiley

Now I want to mention a special to me pard. A pard that shoots the holy black, shoots one handed and with warthog style loads. He went on to make the sweet sixteen shoot off and to everyones amazement and envy. I am talking about Smokin' Gator. Pard take a bow, that was a performance I'll remember for a long time. He didn't think he would go up the ladder and had to run to his car and fetch more ammo, when he went beyond the first opponent.  Smiley

How about a pard named Badlands Bud. He was top shooter, but what with doing more than his share of posse chores and all, he started a stage with shotgun, then rifle and then he grabbed for six shooters and remembered they were on the loading table. He ran back to the table and fetched his guns, ran back to the end of the stage and shot all his pistol targets. Sounds good huh?
Wait, I forgot to mention that with all the bonus targets he had hit and then subtracted from his score he was still under 20 seconds. He is not from this planet for sure. Just when you think you have seen it all in CAS, you find that you really haven't.  Smiley

yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Irish Red O'Toole
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 12:18:02 am »

Howdy...Bud's time for that stage where he forgot his pistols was actually 11 seconds!!!  No, he's not from this world.....and yes he really works he a$$ off at the match.  He and BJT both helped reset stages on Friday until well after dark and then they both helped set up the shootoff stage on Saturday.  This was after both of them worked all day on our posse painting, restting targets, ROing and scoring.  As the posse marshal, my hat is off to both of them for every bit of the effort they put out this past weekend.

Oh, and yeah...that Smokin Gator guy....man what a sight to see with those full-power black powder loaders holding his own in the Top Gun Shootoff.

You all that missed this one missed a real gem of a match.
Howdy Doody
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 10:43:02 am »

I want to thank you too IROT for sponsoring the match and for your generosity. I had a great time on your posse as always. It is hard to write down all the folks that make for a great match, great time and you have been putting yourself out since W3G started and putting up prizes and all since you opened your gunstore. Thanks IROT.

BTW
The reason I was sticking so close to you is that for a little guy like me, you are excellent shade.  Grin

yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

JD Alan
Pistol Packin Parson
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 04:51:51 pm »

I can speak for all of the Orygun Cowboys in saying we had a GREAT time. What a great bunch of guys & gals at Piru all the way around, from Lefty and Sam, who spent so much time with posse 3, to meeting some of the guys in person I've talked to on the CAS site over the years. I must mention Daniel Nighteyes and Excaliber, two fine Pards to ride the river with. I got a picture with the two of them.

Everyone I enteracted with was great, and IROC & Howdy Doody in particular made us feel real welcome. Smokin Gator was a site to see, and I really enjoyed shooting with Coffee, a smokin cowboy if I ever saw one. Long Swede did a reload in the shootoff that was a sight to behold, and seeing Bud shoot was an experience not to be forgotten.

I hope you will all consdier coming to Oregon next year for our West Coast Western 3 Gun Championship. Check out our website at www.oryguncowboys.us for more info.

The picture is, from left to right Daniel Nighteyes, JD and Excaliber

* Daniel JD Excaliber web large.JPG (70.88 KB, 640x383 - viewed 769 times.)

Howdy Doody
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 08:50:23 pm »

J.D. you and the Oregon pards made the match. I am glad you had some fun. I'll try my best to make yours. I just love meeting folks I haven't before. It always helps to put faces to names we see in the Chronicle or on the internet boards. I hope you folks will be back next year. It was just so great to have you join in the fun.  Smiley

yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Smokin Gator
Active citizen

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 11:19:30 pm »

Wow!!!!  What a weekend everyone had that went to the the Western 3 Gun World Cup 2009.  It's all been mentioned but, great food, great people and I think that actually shooting the match, with the layout and targets that are used,  is the ultimate cowboy action shooting experience.
       There are a lot of people responsible and thanks to all of them including, Lefty, Sam, Wewahootie,  Lusty Lil, Latin Gun and Latins Lover.  There are a bunch more that worked their butts off.  And as I left for the comfort of my air conditioned motel room I saw BlackJack and Bud out there helping set up for Saturday. 
        Thanks Howdy and everyone else for the kind words after the Sunday shootoff.  That was the most fun I have ever had in a day of shooting.  5 rounds of man on man shootoff.  Frederick Jackson Turner went out of his way to tell me that as a fellow duelist (He's one of the very best) he enjoyed watching me shoot.  The enjoyment I got out of that day, after talking to so many fellow shooters, tops anything I have experienced.  And I get to shoot with my good pard, Howdy Doody, next month at the John Wayne Shootout.  I know a lot of the others from this weekend will be up there too. 
       I can't forget to also thank the sponsers of the match.  Irish Red Otoole(Fort Courage), Kings Gunworks Armory, and everyone else.
       I will try to make it up to Oregon to shoot with all of the new pards I met from up there.  Thanks, J.D. and Daniel. 
      Smokin Gator
Halfbreed Hoss
Active citizen

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 11:19:55 am »

Time to chime in here...........

This was my very first World Cup and my very first major match shootin' that heathen, new fangled smokeless powder in a caliber less than .40 - I'm now a convert fer sure Wink

Now there ain't nuttin' wrong with shootin' that Holy Black stuff (I did it fer 5 years and enjoyed every damn minute of it), but there is something to be said fer bein' able to quickly see the steel after the 1st shot - a whole new experience fer me Shocked

As ya'll know, I broke my double on my very 1st stage, my '97 wouldn't shuck on my 2nd stage and my rifle jammed on my 11th stage (due to a split case - cost me my clean match) Huh I figger that these equipment failures cost me about 80-90 seconds overall Angry Ya'll look out next year 'cuz I'm comin' back with a vengeance and hell's a comin' with me Roll Eyes

That being said, I still believe that this match was the absolute BEST major match I have ever attended, even in SASS. The stages, the folks (like family to me), the food, the entertainment, the prizes, the campin'....everything was fantastic and without the high pressure and stress that I normally feel at other major matches!!! My hat is off to Lefty, Sam, Lusty and all the others who worked so damn hard to put this one together and keep it together over the 4 days Grin

I'd also like to publicly thank a very special pard, the one and only Coffee Smiley This pard helped me so much throughout the match. He not only shared his double with me all day long on day 1, but he brought me a sawed-off to use on day 2. PLUS, he cleared my rifle fer me when she was badly locked up on my stage 11.

THANK YOU Coffee....a big round of applause going out to you Grin

I also want to thank Lead Dispencer fer spending valuable relaxation time workin' on my '97 Saturday evening. This young man spent about an hour or so gettin' my shotgun to work correctly. I was absolutely amazed at the smoothness of that pump during the shootoff. All that work and parts fer the mere sum of 20 yankee dollars - WOW!!!

THANK YOU Lead Dispencer Grin

Smokin' Gator......it was an honor to compete against you in the shootoff. It was my very 1st and I know it was yer's as well. To lose to you on round 3, well.....what kin I say 'cept that I couldn't have lost to a better cowboy than you Cool Mebbe next year we kin go at it agin???

I guess that 'bout covers it fer me pards.

See ya'll down the trail........

HH

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  WESTERN 3 GUN (Moderators: Sam Houston, Black Jack Traven)  |  Topic: World Cup 2009 « previous next »
Jump to: